Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#5 Jamie Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A gun and a brilliant story at that given the injuries he's had to overcome. Plays the hardest role in football by miles: a marking small forward.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:34 pm
Post subject: Jamie Elliott: The Clutch MatchwinnerReply with quote

Jamie Elliott's true individual career achievements such as:

* Best and Fairests
* All Australians
* 50+ goalkicking exploits

have been largely curtailed by injuries. However, one of the greatest compliments a player can receive is being a "match-winner". Last season's Bombers and Blues clutch goals cemented that and Friday night's Tigers win may not have occurred without those two clutch 3rd quarter goals from the near 50 metre mark.

Kudos Jamie, we are lucky to have you.

Last edited by inxs88 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:33 pm

Spot on. He hits those contests so hard, it’s been to the detriment of his career. Not sure if others have the same experience but I find he’s one of the few Collingwood players who have universal respect from opposition supporters. I find I never have to remind other supporters just how good this bloke this because they seem to see it too.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:37 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Spot on. He hits those contests so hard, it’s been to the detriment of his career. Not sure if others have the same experience but I find he’s one of the few Collingwood players who have universal respect from opposition supporters. I find I never have to remind other supporters just how good this bloke this because they seem to see it too.

Good call. Some sportsman don't have all the individual plaudits but they're there in a crisis. Jamie is one of those.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:58 pm

Great post. Jamie is a legend.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:48 pm

Yes, he is a legend. He has improved as he got older as well. I think he is now playing the best football of his career. No doubt this is due to the fact that his earlier years were sabotaged by injury. However he now has added an extra dimension to his play: he has a pivotal leadership role in our F50. He is first to congratulate others for their successes, and he is also first to run up and console/encourage anyone who makes a mistake, particularly our less experienced players. By winning games in clutch moments, with "ice in the veins", he sets an example of strength of mental toughness for the entire team, and especially our young players.
I love him.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:32 pm

Excellent post.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:32 pm

Excellent post.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:37 pm

Also, this year he has been pivotal in setting up goals for others.
During the Port game, he gave so many quick handballs and tap ons to others which allowed them to goal.
Very clever player and yes, a proven match winner.
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:53 pm

I've always been a big fan of Jamie Elliot ever since he kicked 5 vs Carlton early in his career. The St.Kilda supporter I was at that game with very quickly observed the arrival of a champion after seeing Elliot in action that day. Injuries have certainly curtailed Jamie's spectacular style, but in 2022 and this year to date, he has provided tremendous leadership and coolness under pressure to deliver when required. Adds a lot of fire power to a team that doesn't have a genuine key forward "gorilla".
The fact that he has another two years after this year to go on his current contract means he will finish his career at Collingwood which will ensure he is remembered as a Collingwood great. Hopefully a multiple premiership player too!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:28 pm

It's been a career of ups and downs for Jamie, but the biggest compliment one can give him is his perseverance.

Despite all the setbacks he's had along the way, the ability to come back and keeping producing great results for us is something I've most admired about him.

The match winners against Essendon and Carlton last year will go down in Collingwood folklore. We'll be talking about those moments for years to come.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:55 am

If he can't finish his career with a Premiership medal, then I'd love to see him take an ANZAC day medal out this year.
He still possesses all the skills and determination that could see him grab one on the day, or even a Norm Smith, he's a rare talent.

Early on in his career, it was clear he was set to shine on the big stage, but it looked like his career was going to fizzle out due to injury before it really got started.

He's certainly presents as an introverted type, but his game day highlights are far from that type. He's as determined and focussed as anyone that has come through the door in the past 30 years.
He prepares as good as anyone at the Club, a perfect role model for those young draftees to hitch their wagon to.

I just hope he gets another few seasons out of his body to be part of what this new Collingwood look set to deliver.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:40 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
If he can't finish his career with a Premiership medal, then I'd love to see him take an ANZAC day medal out this year.
He still possesses all the skills and determination that could see him grab one on the day, or even a Norm Smith, he's a rare talent.

Early on in his career, it was clear he was set to shine on the big stage, but it looked like his career was going to fizzle out due to injury before it really got started.

He's certainly presents as an introverted type, but his game day highlights are far from that type. He's as determined and focussed as anyone that has come through the door in the past 30 years.
He prepares as good as anyone at the Club, a perfect role model for those young draftees to hitch their wagon to.

I just hope he gets another few seasons out of his body to be part of what this new Collingwood look set to deliver.

Great reply Laurie

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:17 am

Well said Laurie.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:07 am

His clutch needs a service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35   

Jump to: