Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#5 Jamie Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurieHolden wrote:
At full flight I still see him as just as dangerous a forward as JDG. ...

For sure a better kick for goal. Some of JdG's misses have been very bad.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Pie as a Kite wrote:
He was stretching his legs in the second half? Well, it was his first AFL game in two years!

Fair enough, but I was more concerned at the pain he appeared to be under. Still, I'm sure he's being closely monitored, and the way he attacked the ball in the first half against the Cats, suggests he may be well on the road to a full recovery from his back/hamstring problems. Here's hoping. Cool
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:14 am

I loved his "I can't be bothered" response to another reporter that intended to ask him inane questions.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 am

i hold my breath and cross my fingers whenever Elliot and Moore do anything on the football field. i did this with Scharenberg last year and just as i started to convince myself he was over his problems .....
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am

I’m hoping in Elliot’s case, it’s to do with the fact he has played so little footy in the last three years. Speak to any footballer who has missed a year or two of contact and they will say it takes another year of uninterrupted footy just to have the body adjust to the “ pain “.
Elliot’s body will always be a ticking time bomb. He’s been through more than most, hopefully the footy gods also feel he finally deserves some good fortune.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:19 pm

I'd rest him v Brisbane in round 5 - not that Brisbane will be pushovers but with the flight etc it would be a good time to reboot.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 pm
Post subject: Jame Elliott leaving at seasons end?Reply with quote

Jay Clark in the HS said there was a Real Chance he be Pushed out because of the Salary Cap and Wanting more then a 1 Year Contract.

Now you have his Instagram Account Changes Mentioned Here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/collingwoodfc/comments/cfy4hq/a_bit_of_a_conspiracy_theory_for_you/

Don't know IF True but does make you think.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Bit too popular for some(one).

Even at his best, he has been criticised unfairly by some(one).
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:52 pm

David given his inability to get on the field I would imagine the club is very wary to offer him a long term deal unless he can prove he's able to play week in week out
If losing Elliott means we can keep a Grundy or JDG then so be it
I would love to keep him but he hasn't proven he can get back anywhere near his best yet
If I was handling our list he would be a name with a asterix against it
Others would be Reid Langdon Scharenberg all of whom are of have had long injury layoffs and continue to do so
Scharenberg is back from a 3rd knee and slowly getting match fit. Reid can't seem to play more than 4 or 5 games in a row without going down
Langdon chorionic knee's are again a issue if rumour is true he and the club are at odds over whether he should have a operation. Club wants him too he doesn't (apparently that's the advice from his private surgeon)
His injury started at 4-5 weeks went down too 2 weeks then indefinite since and he's still not sighted on the training field
I said at the time it's a weird one and I stand by that
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:53 pm

I'd be sad to see him go, as he is a prodigious talent and seems a genuinely nice guy, loved by his teammates. However, given his horror injury history, it would be foolish of the club to consider giving him more than a one year extension on his contract.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
David given his inability to get on the field I would imagine the club is very wary to offer him a long term deal unless he can prove he's able to play week in week out
If losing Elliott means we can keep a Grundy or JDG then so be it
I would love to keep him but he hasn't proven he can get back anywhere near his best yet
If I was handling our list he would be a name with a asterix against it
Others would be Reid Langdon Scharenberg all of whom are of have had long injury layoffs and continue to do so
Scharenberg is back from a 3rd knee and slowly getting match fit. Reid can't seem to play more than 4 or 5 games in a row without going down
Langdon chorionic knee's are again a issue if rumour is true he and the club are at odds over whether he should have a operation. Club wants him too he doesn't (apparently that's the advice from his private surgeon)
His injury started at 4-5 weeks went down too 2 weeks then indefinite since and he's still not sighted on the training field
I said at the time it's a weird one and I stand by that

where do you put Moore in this equation?

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Move him on. We have to get ruthless. That's how the New England Patriots in the NFL and the Melbourne Storm in the NRL operate. Their success in no fluke. Both these teams have one superstar each (Tom Brady and Cam Smith respectively) and the rest of the team is dispensable year in year out. You pick players who can play a role and specifically that role. Our problem is we've tried to pick a team of midfielders. Can you imagine Tom Brady with a team of only running backs?

We need plenty more height, much more speed, players who are 100% dedicated to the cause, and lots of nature talent and flair that you see from the best indigenous players each week. We need to stop driving a VW Beetle and step up to a BMW Turbo.

Side Note: I can think of only one Collingwood team in my lifetime that fit that description. The 1970 team. What a tragedy they didn't win the flag they deserved - and we would have if Des Tuddenham hadn't accidently cleaned up Peter McKenna just before half time. McKenna would have kicked 15 that day the way he started.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:54 pm

He’s gone, it’s the reason we did a one year deal. If he got right we’d reassess, but if the injuries continue it’s time to move on. And his injuries continue. Fantastic player and good bloke, all the best to him whatever he does next. It’s sad, but that’s footy. Ben Reid and Tyson will retire too (I reckon Goldy will stay on for the VFL though).
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:23 pm

Would be the right decision to move him on. We can't afford to keep players who spend more time injured than on the field.

It's like buying penny stocks hoping that one day they'll come good. Sometimes, you just have yo stick with Blue Chips

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Would be the right decision to move him on. We can't afford to keep players who spend more time injured than on the field.

It's like buying penny stocks hoping that one day they'll come good. Sometimes, you just have yo stick with Blue Chips

We did with Reid and Also doing it now with Moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 24 of 35   

Jump to: