Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prawnstar Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:10 pm
Post subject: Heath ShawReply with quote

I have watched the Grand Final (replay) quite a few times now.

After doing so I have come to the conclusion that Heater was very unlucky to miss out on Normie.

It wasn't just THAT smother (which, technically, was not even a smother - he got the ball as it left the hand) but countless other times where the number 39 bobbed up when it counted.

Of course there were about six others that could have won the NS but I thought H.Shaw at least deserved his own thread.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, and not just for his fantastic Twitter account

http://twitter.com/heathshaw39

After all as he calls it, the SMOTHER OF THE MILLENIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! should be enough alone...

What I love about Heater is his ability to call a spade a spade. If something needs sorting out, he's happy to go and sort it out himself. An incredible competitor, and an under-rated leader...

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:36 pm

tony tipped him for the norm during the week too

he knew something we didnt. coz to be honest, his form has been down recently
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:35 pm

A number of players could have won it, it would have been hard for the judges to decide, in the end they went for number of disposals, but I thought Heath was up there, too. Not that it matters, or that we should take anything away from Pendles winning. I'm sure Heater is just rapt to have a premiership medallion dangling from his (or rather, his Dad's) neck!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:02 pm

Shaw was very good in both Grand Finals. Great to see too, as he's always had the talent but has not really put together the kind of season we know he can. Finished the year very well, and was superb in the finals series.

Still, I reckon the voting panel got this one right. Pendles was our best player, particularly in that first half. His composure under pressure was amazing. So many times where he'd get the ball in a difficult situation, take his time and get it off to the right option, where most players would have had to just rush the ball forward. Add the 11 tackles, his contested ball and clearances to his brilliant offensive skills, and I don't think anyone else had as big an impact on the game.

gravy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:43 am

paul roos in his article named heath shaw BOG. and if i remember correctly heathy led inside 50s and rebound 50s, something like 13 all up. clearly was outstanding.
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:25 am

Sidebottom and Jolly both played outstanding Grand Finals and were unlucky not to win Norm Smiths. But their can be only one winner.

Who cares. Winning a flag is what matters.

Heath has always stood up in big games. Remember the Qualifying final against St.Kilda last year, he and Maxwell were simply marvellous that afternoon. He also won an ANZAC medal in 2007. He worked hard to become a consistent contributor.

I remember when we first got Heath, many thought Brayden Shaw would be the superstar and Heath would just be making up numbers. Brayden, son of Tony, was the Captain of Vic metro and Captain of the u18 all-Australian team in his year. Brayden also represented Victoria in Basketball.

According to my father who grew up in Reservoir. Ray and Tony weren't exceptionally talented footballers. You didn't look at either one of them at a young age and say 'that kid's gonna be a VFL Superstar.' But they worked hard and put a lot of effort into their footy and they made it.

I was at high school at the same time as Brayden. He was a year level below me. I have friends that were at Loyola with Heath. They tell me Heath pretty much only played for Knights because his dad was the coach. By all accounts he wasn't an outstanding junior footy player. But like their fathers Heath worked his arse off, put the effort in and MADE IT. Where as his super talented cousin, who was touted as a top 10 pick if we hadn't of nabbed him under father-son never played a senior game for us. Some may say it was because of Tony Shaw's feud with Mick. I don't. I say the young Heath knew as soon as he was drafted that he would have to fight and claw his way into the senior side, and that's just what he did. Just like the way he came from 20m back to smother Nick Reiwoldt, he came from a long way back to become an AFL star.
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Heath "the Librarian" Shaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPq8FDLS8Wc

edit: link fixed

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!

Last edited by Didaicos on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 pm

LOVE him.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:27 pm

tomoleary wrote:
Sidebottom and Jolly both played outstanding Grand Finals and were unlucky not to win Norm Smiths. But their can be only one winner.

Who cares. Winning a flag is what matters.

Heath has always stood up in big games. Remember the Qualifying final against St.Kilda last year, he and Maxwell were simply marvellous that afternoon. He also won an ANZAC medal in 2007. He worked hard to become a consistent contributor.

I remember when we first got Heath, many thought Brayden Shaw would be the superstar and Heath would just be making up numbers. Brayden, son of Tony, was the Captain of Vic metro and Captain of the u18 all-Australian team in his year. Brayden also represented Victoria in Basketball.

According to my father who grew up in Reservoir. Ray and Tony weren't exceptionally talented footballers. You didn't look at either one of them at a young age and say 'that kid's gonna be a VFL Superstar.' But they worked hard and put a lot of effort into their footy and they made it.

I was at high school at the same time as Brayden. He was a year level below me. I have friends that were at Loyola with Heath. They tell me Heath pretty much only played for Knights because his dad was the coach. By all accounts he wasn't an outstanding junior footy player. But like their fathers Heath worked his arse off, put the effort in and MADE IT. Where as his super talented cousin, who was touted as a top 10 pick if we hadn't of nabbed him under father-son never played a senior game for us. Some may say it was because of Tony Shaw's feud with Mick. I don't. I say the young Heath knew as soon as he was drafted that he would have to fight and claw his way into the senior side, and that's just what he did. Just like the way he came from 20m back to smother Nick Reiwoldt, he came from a long way back to become an AFL star.

Yeah, we picked Brayden in the second round and Heath in the fourth. At the time, most people thought it was a courtesy to Ray and Tony and that if his name was Heath Smith he wouldn't have even been drafted! I remember when people were making fun of us circa 2005 for having a list full of Shaw's and Cloke's who were never going to be anything. Who's laughing now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: