Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David Buttifant

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:18 pm
Post subject: David ButtifantReply with quote

Was just asked on Sen how the players recovered so well from the GF replay.

He said that having the Westpac Centre ice baths just across the road from the MCG , was a distinct advantage for the players recovery , and that all the players needed , being the professional athletes that they are , was direction and instruction from the fitness staff to help the recovery so that the players didn't get down and internalize the what if's of the GF draw.

The players blood level tests 1 day after the game were 15 - 20% higher than any other game during the year.

The tests showed that the players were totally spent after the GF draw , and our clubs recovery process it what has gone a long way to ensuring that we ran out the 2nd Grand Final.

He said that the regular blood tests aided the fitness staff to see what level each players fitness was at , during the H/A season.

Collingwoods fitness staff deserve premiership medals , especially Butters.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post and well a deserved gong for a man who has suffered and terrible family tragedy.

Here is what David wrote for Musashi regarding Collingwood's use of their protein rich bars to enhance recovery.

http://www.musashi.com.au/cms/WhatsNew/pressrelease/news_0016.html

A wonderful moment when Butters and Disco celebrate victory just before the final siren on October 2nd...

So many people behind the scenes doing so much work and all an essential part of a the premiership winning machine.

I loved this photo of when Bucks approached the podium with all the other assistants calling him.

His humble dignified smile completely belies the old 'FIGJAM' tag he carried for so long unjustly. But, in the background. The look on Desley's face, camera in hand, enjoying the moment. How many thousands of hot dogs and sandwiches and rolls and bottles of Powerade has Desley served up to both the AFL and VFL boys? Quiet unashuming dedication.

When the players win stuff like this, after the euphoria dies down, the first people they turn to and thank are people like Butters, Disco and Desley.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 pm

You can definitely see how highly Mick thinks of him, too. From afar, Butters seems to be Mick's closest confidant at the club.

Let's not forget all the crap he copped from all of the armchair sports science geniuses out there who blamed him for everything from Bucks' hammies to Josh's physique.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 pm

David Buttifant, Desley, Anne, Neil, so many in the Footy Dept, all quiet achievers, all so worthy of acknowledgement & praise.
D4P, dunno though that Bucks was tagged FIGJAM unfairly, sorry about that! His early days are unrecognisable in him now; he's grown to be a wonderful leader & team man, there's a quiet consideredness about him now, beautifully balanced.
David's personal life has been most difficult, so pleased that he was supported and able to stay with us, he's a gem.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:54 pm

F-B, read "all I can be". You'll have a better insight, then read "side by side" just wished there was a part 2 for this year, as that would have been awesome.

I've always admired Butters and just can't thank him enuff....

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 pm

fence-banger wrote:
David Buttifant, Desley, Anne, Neil, so many in the Footy Dept, all quiet achievers, all so worthy of acknowledgement & praise.
D4P, dunno though that Bucks was tagged FIGJAM unfairly, sorry about that! His early days are unrecognisable in him now; he's grown to be a wonderful leader & team man, there's a quiet consideredness about him now, beautifully balanced.
David's personal life has been most difficult, so pleased that he was supported and able to stay with us, he's a gem.

Yes FB, Neil Price. He has been our boot studder since foundation in 1892?

Back to Bucks, I agree he came into the footy world with plenty of FIG, but I disagree with the JAM. Most young footy hopefuls are out there trying to show everyone how good they are and Bucks was no exception but the ones that talk the talk and fail to walk the walk get found out pretty quickly and disappear.

Bucks was more a FIGJWM. F*** I'm Good Just Watch Me. I don't recall Bucks ever talking himself up and he always talked in terms of teams and 'us', not in terms of 'me' and 'I'.

Back to David. You will struggle to find a more intelligent and well rounded personality anywhere, let alone in footy and it would be great to quantify his impact on our performances as I personally think we would drop from premiers to just finalists without him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: