Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nineteenth Hole

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally bit the bullet and got a Golf Coach.

Had a session this morning, turns out everything is fine apart from my grip, stance, posture and swing. Embarassed

Really though, 5 little tweaks designed to get the club face coming through straight. Fells very uncomfortable but nailed it a couple of times and added 20m to the carry on my 7 iron.

Now it's just practice. The guys who run that golf simulator are going to love me, I'll be going back there until i get this ironed out.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:06 pm

Great that you're still at it Stui. I had a 45 off the stick for 9 holes today and didn't feel I played well.

With your 7 iron Stui, when I was in my prime, 150 metres was easy. With age etc. 100=110 metres is max now. No probs as I'll grab a 5 iron now for 150 metres.

Also nowadays I'm using a chipper which is brilliant from anywhere within 80 metres. I also have hybrid 3-4 wood which is brillo from 110=130 metres out.

Golf is good!!!!!
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:11 pm

I just realised. We need a golf thread. Can we call it the 'Nineteenth hole'?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:35 pm

cheers Bruce, with the adjustments I was getting 120m airtime for the 7 iron, plus run.

5 different things to work on, I'm going to play around and see what works for me. The Coach said that he'd given me 5 things, I might only use 2-3 of them so I'll see how it plays out.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:13 am

My Beloved's baseball team have just won the Korean Series, this morning UK time. Like the Pies they won the minor premiership and the premiership, but the feeling is more like 1990, as they hadn't won in 29 years. So, we got the footy-baseball double this year!

She can't believe the Pies won and I can't believe the Twins won given how ordinary both teams were a few years ago.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:07 am

Hey that’s awesome! Enjoy. I started going to watch baseball when they got the league up and running at the Laverton stadium. Then the local team won the premiership and after nearly collapsed! I stopped going! Just couldn’t keep my interest. Nothing like watching baseball in the USA, and joining in at half time when the whole stadium is rocking to ‘take me back to the ball game’ and yes I love the pregame theatre!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:20 am

^Yeah, if I were born in the US I'm sure it would've been my first or second sport. It's South Korea's premier sport and league, and great fun to attend there, too. We used to go every other week as we lived not far from the stadium.

The other good thing about baseball is that they play frequently, with something crazy like six games a week. Imagine watching the Pies six times a week!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:31 am

I remember going to a game outside San Francisco on a Wednesday 30 years ago on our honeymoon, day game and it was packed solid! Very cool! Denver has a brilliant stadium, so much atmosphere!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:17 pm

I suffered 3rd Ocular Nerve Palsy so my right eye sat to the right and my eye closed. Didn't know what it was and I was advised stress was the main cause and I blamed the close games. Anyway, 10-12-week recovery and I am in week 9 and I am starting to come good. Initially, the nerve pain was shocking, I couldn't eat or drink and well I started to lose weight. 9 weeks later and 14 kilos lighter and I am eating and drinking less I had to buy some new pants as baggy trousers were getting to me. Well, one size down and a new belt I was really happy after my purchase.

Yes, with my eye patch, I am truly a one-eyed Pie supporter.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 pm

^ Captn Culprit, the Pirate. Laughing

I gave all my 36" waist pants to the Op Shop, kept a few of the 34" and need a belt to hold up the new 32" ones. Fkn expensive.

But, Had the Grandson yesterday and overnight. Had swimming lessons this morning so got picked up at 9am, but still love spending time with him.

Took him to his Cricket training in the morning, the Cricket version of Auskick.

7 years old, he can bowl properly. Showed him how to hold the ball in his fingers for a fast ball and he beat me the next 2 deliveries. When he was at the training program he's hitting cover drives off 1 knee in the nets.

Chilled day back at my place, hit of cricket in the park, him riding the bike around in the court, me squirting him with the hose while watering the garden.

He wanted to make something so I got a sheet of plywood out of the shed, we googled images of Ninja throwing stars, drew them on the plywood, cut them out with a coping saw and spray painted them, then had a battle out the front. Laughing

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:36 pm

^^Wait till he changes his bowling so you can hit him. That's when you know you're getting old.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:56 pm

^

Laughing Won't be long. At the moment I deliberatley hit everything back at/to him to make him work on his fielding and catching. He's a competitive little shit.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:37 pm
Post subject: The Nineteenth HoleReply with quote

As suggested by Bruce G, a thread to tell your Golfing stories.

Mods, if you have a few spare minutes with nothing else to do could you pull some of Bruce and Mine golfing posts into here?

Anyway, went to the outdoor pratice range at Bundoora today. Just got the small bucket as wasn't feeling that confident, but had a crack. Pretty fkn happy with the outcome.

Started off with the 7 iron. New grip twisted to the back of the club, hold in fingers not palms, loosen the grip, step back two club heads from the ball, bend knees and poke out bum a bit like I'm about to start twerking. Felt uncomfortable as all fck but it started to work. Sprayed the first few but got it mostly going straighter and longer.

Worked up to the 5iron, then hybrid 3, then 3 wood and finally the driver.

Don't recon I've ever been able to nail 4 out of 5 drives pretty much straight up the middle before, usually 1 out of 5.

Next step is to see how it works on the course.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:47 pm

Leave it with me Stui. I'm a golfer so I'll happily contribute.

Where have you posted before? Do you have links?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Golf can be a game of torture and we do run around playing whack/fck golf regulary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: