Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Recreational cyclists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Whilst I agree with registering, just like front number plates on motorcycles it's not practical.

Why isn't it "practical"?
Why does this line if defence continually come up when we want to make cyclists/bikers accountable?
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:28 pm

"KILL THEM ALL" Of course I don't believe it, it would be pathetic if I did.

I loathe cyclists on the road, especially when they hold peak hour traffic up, but I don't abuse them and I give them the space the deserve.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Why do you hate cyclists on the road when they hold peak hour traffic up but he or she don't abuse them so much? Do you make money from it?
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Brenny wrote:
"KILL THEM ALL" Of course I don't believe it, it would be pathetic if I did.

I loathe cyclists on the road, especially when they hold peak hour traffic up, but I don't abuse them and I give them the space the deserve.

Really , that would be the cars and truks blocking the roads moreso than any cyclist could ever achieve.

I have yet to see or be held up by a cyclist on the East Link , City Link , Tulla Freeway , Western Ring Road , SE Freeway or Eatern Freeway , only cars and trucks etc

Or any of the other main roads in Melbourne , as the cyclists are long gone infront , as I am still stuck behind a back log of peak hour cars.

And it is only going to get worse.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 pm

^ Through the city I cop them and Sydney Road.

Unfortunate thing is, it's now quicker for me to take clifton hill and ivanhoe home than it is to take a freeway. Get stuck behind a cyclist through clifton hill and ivanhoe and it's death. Same with Rosanna and Heidelberg road.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Take the train instead - no stress! Or get a job that isn't nine to five ...

.. or learn to ride a bike and get past your irrational hatred. It worked for me Cool
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Brenny wrote:
^ Through the city I cop them and Sydney Road.

Unfortunate thing is, it's now quicker for me to take clifton hill and ivanhoe home than it is to take a freeway. Get stuck behind a cyclist through clifton hill and ivanhoe and it's death. Same with Rosanna and Heidelberg road.

I an not trying to argue with you and I accept your point and feelings.

I feel that all cyclists should for maybe one day , instead of protesting by having a Critical Mass ride through Melbourne during peak hour , should instead get in their car or borrow a friend car ( one person per car ) then tie yor bicycle to the boot of the car with a clearly written sign saying ,

"Dear motorist behind me , as you can see I have a bike , and I would be riding it but I get no love from motorists , your right if you can't beat them join them"

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 pm

^ Not trying to argue either Smile

Sorry if it came across that way.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Black_White wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Whilst I agree with registering, just like front number plates on motorcycles it's not practical.

Why does this line if defence continually come up when we want to make cyclists/bikers accountable?

Front-mounted plates for bikes were removed by law nearly 30 years ago because they were proven to increase the injury levels for motorcyclists and particularly for pedestrians involved in accidents.

They also apparently screw up the airflow over modern bike engines, increasing the risk of overheating. This could be fixed by changing the design of bikes, but given that less than a handful of countries in the world mandate front plates, manufacturers will not change design solely for Australian conditions.

If you want to negotiate on accountability I'll happily wear a front plate provided that I can also carry a metal bar to appropriately meet out some accountability to every mong tintop driver that pulls over on me or out in front of me without looking.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:

I feel that all cyclists should for maybe one day , instead of protesting by having a Critical Mass ride through Melbourne during peak hour , should instead get in their car or borrow a friend car ( one person per car ) then tie yor bicycle to the boot of the car with a clearly written sign saying ,

"Dear motorist behind me , as you can see I have a bike , and I would be riding it but I get no love from motorists , your right if you can't beat them join them"

A truly excellent idea

Why not do it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
The cyclist has responded and disputes Shane Warnes version of events , also says that he has a number of witnesses and police photographs

Said cyclists version of the Shane Warne incident here :

http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2012/01/cyclist-versus-warnie-the-cyclists-story/

yep he's a tosser and a spinner- of stories.

Last edited by think positive on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm

nomadjack wrote:
Black_White wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Front-mounted plates for bikes were removed by law nearly 30 years ago because they were proven to increase the injury levels for motorcyclists and particularly for pedestrians involved in accidents.

They also apparently screw up the airflow over modern bike engines, increasing the risk of overheating. This could be fixed by changing the design of bikes, but given that less than a handful of countries in the world mandate front plates, manufacturers will not change design solely for Australian conditions.

If you want to negotiate on accountability I'll happily wear a front plate provided that I can also carry a metal bar to appropriately meet out some accountability to every mong tintop driver that pulls over on me or out in front of me without looking.

30 years?
So there has been no progression in break away materials design and manufacture in that time?
The "it's not practical" excuse doesn't fit well in the 21st century. It's a bit like having to have a man with a flag walk in front of the motor vehicle. So last century.
The accountability for "every mong tintop driver" lays in the rectangular things attached front and rear of the motor vehicle. Attached because they are paid for, also including insurance. Where's the accountability for the lycra clad rider who runs red lights and causes accidents? Not even traceable and not even insured!

When we get a vehicle licence we are told it's a privilege, not a right. About time cyclists are treated the same.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 pm

NO

Time to get rid of the idiotic idea that holding a license is a privilege.

It is a fundamental human right to be able to get from place to place without interference from the state

Bikes, cars, trucks, trains all different ways of accomplishing this goal

To be told that you 'are allowed' to proceed from home to work provided that you conform to certain arbitary behaviours is outrageous and offensive in the extreme
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Looks like Warnies been caught with his pants down (again) - telling Porky Pies

1.The cyclist rejects & denies the assertion put by Warnie that he at any time latched onto Warnies car, hit Warnies car & did anything that Warnie accused him of.

2. The cyclist was unable to ride away given he was hit by Warnie (Warnie did say he clipped him - implying deliberately), the cyclist says he had to lock his damaged bicycle (unable to be ridden due to Warnie causing damage to his bike) walk home 4 Km's & return with his car & put his bike on the car.

3. Warnie after clipping him & damging did not stop to swap names & addresses etc did not check to assist a cyclist he had hit.

4. At the same time the cyclist had gone to the police to make a statement.

Warnies strategy was to twitter first as a means of putting his (dare I say) spin on an incident where he (as he admitted deliberately) clipped a bicyclist. Warnie does not have witnesses. The bicyclist reports that he does.

To the car drivers who think its fun to endanger bicyclists like Warnie's beahviour has demonstrated - I blow my nose in your general direction!

What Warnie has done is to inflame & polarize. What else should one expect from cashed up Bogans. Seriously.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
NO

Time to get rid of the idiotic idea that holding a license is a privilege.

It is a fundamental human right to be able to get from place to place without interference from the state

Bikes, cars, trucks, trains all different ways of accomplishing this goal

To be told that you 'are allowed' to proceed from home to work provided that you conform to certain arbitary behaviours is outrageous and offensive in the extreme

Well said!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 5 of 43   

Jump to: