Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally prefer older films so don't forget Play Misty For Me, Two Mules for Sister Sara, and The Gauntlet.

Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare are also ripper war films.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:31 am

David wrote:
I’ve only seen a few Eastwood films and wouldn’t say I exactly dislike his work, but feel like maybe it’s not quite my cup of tea. I’ve heard some good things about one of his most recent ones, Richard Jewell; has anyone seen that?

I watched it earlier this year. I thought it was pretty dull. Have you ever seen Bird? That was probably his most unique film.

https://letterboxd.com/film/bird/
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am

stui magpie wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
Rewatched Million Dollar Baby for the first time in years last night. The easy KOs in the fight scenes look more fake than I remembered but it's still a tear Jerker. Crying or Very sad

I was watching it with my fifteen year old son, who asked me if Clint Eastwood had been in many other films. The first thing I said was 'Yeah! He's a legend.' I better introduce him to Dirty Harry.

Nah, work him backwards and sideways, these are his new playlist. We'll skip The Mule as I haven't seen that.

Gran torino
Unforgiven

Then track back to the spaghetti trilogy, a fistfull of dollars, for a few dollars more and the Goodthe bad and the ugly.

While his head is spinning, put on Escape from Alcatraz

Then finish him off with High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Pale rider , every which way but loose and finish him off with Sudden Impact.

The mule is pretty good,

i cant pick a favourite, i loved Play Misty for me, and i watched The outlaw Josie Wales last week! escape from Alcatraz was good, i actually cant think of a dud!

gran Torino i just love and can rewatch, but then i still like very which way but loose, and Dirty harry!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
David wrote:
I’ve only seen a few Eastwood films and wouldn’t say I exactly dislike his work, but feel like maybe it’s not quite my cup of tea. I’ve heard some good things about one of his most recent ones, Richard Jewell; has anyone seen that?

I watched it earlier this year. I thought it was pretty dull. Have you ever seen Bird? That was probably his most unique film.

https://letterboxd.com/film/bird/

I haven’t! Play Misty for Me is the only pre-2000s film of his I’ve seen. Looks interesting, though, thanks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:59 pm

late this arvo i settled down with a jimmy to watch Olympus has fallen, saw it years ago, i probably have it on dvd but i taped it with foxtel! 5 min in hubby comes in and says why dont we have a look at netflix movies, so he picks The heartbreak kid! a couple of strong drinks & i was full on snort laughing at the blonde girl in it, shes my spirit animal!! Even the swearing was spot on!! pretty average movie though, when it finished i stuck mine back on & at least i know how to get rid of hubby!! apparently my choices are how to kill 4,000 people in 10 min!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:54 pm

Mektoub, My Love ... aka French-Tunisian Baywatch Laughing

https://youtu.be/pKvg8wEUYug

I quite liked it but might not be for everyone, lol.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 am

David wrote:
Mektoub, My Love ... aka French-Tunisian Baywatch Laughing

https://youtu.be/pKvg8wEUYug

I quite liked it but might not be for everyone, lol

you might be right!!

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:07 pm

David wrote:
Yep, though I have to admit I haven't written on it much since spending about a month on there reviewing every film I watched a couple of years back. I do find it a great resource, though, and often consult it for discussion on films I'm thinking of watching (it's way better than the often comically idiotic reviews on IMDb, that's for sure).

https://letterboxd.com/furbicide/

Furbicide, huh? Were you bothered by the bedazzled Furbies in the film Uncut Gems?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Watching so many movies during this lockdown...

In the past fortnight:

Killing Kennedy (2013) - Starring Rob Lowe and Will Rothhaar. Focussing on Lee Harvey Oswald, leading up to the assassination of JFK. Based off of the book by Bill O'Reilly who believes Oswald acted alone. Didnt get great reviews, but worth a watch.

Killing Lincoln (2013) - Starring Billy Campbell, Jesse Johnson and hosted by Tom Hanks. Similar to the Kennedy one, but this one includes narration from Tom Hanks. I think it was much better as there is less historical guessing like there is with Oswald.

Shooter (2007) - Starring Mark Wahlberg. I really like this one. So did the Mrs.

Patriots Day (2016) - Starring Mark Wahlberg. About the Boston bombings in 2013. We didnt know what it was about, but went with the Mark Wahlberg connection after the night befores movie. It was slow at the start, but was still pretty good.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) - Starring Emma Watson and Logan Lerman. I was sucked in by the words "coming of age, sexual comedy". This was not what I expected. This was Watsons break away from the type-cast Hermione good girl role. It's not what I'd call a comedy. Coming of age drama maybe.

Challenger (1990) - Starring Karen Allen. About the Challenger spaceshuttle disaster in 1986. I remember seeing this around the time it came out and remembered the ending differently. It ended rather abruptly and the explosion is not shown. Apparently theres a newer film made in 2013.

Hidden Figures (2016) - Starring Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monáe and Kevin Costner. Focus' on three mathematical geniuses who worked for NASA in the 50s and 60's. This movie was great, except I was disappointed to find out some of the events were very different to what really took place. Still, I'd recommend this.

Hawke (2010) - Starring Richard Roxburgh and Asher Keddie. About Bob Hawke and his time as PM. Very short film. Only 90 minutes or so. The main focus is on the battle within his own party towards the end of his time as PM. Namely Paul Keating.

We've also watched the first three Jack Ryan films recently.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:07 pm

My hubby loves Hidden Figures, good info, nice story, once was enough for me. challenger isnt bad. this is the new one, its got some good names in it (went to cape Canaveral, its an eye popping experience, loved it)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2421662/

i loved Shooter, there is a 3 season shooter series on netflix which is really good too, based on the same story. the guy isnt as hot as Wahlberg, its Ryan Phillippe, who cheated on everyones favourite legally blonde!

Patriots day is really good too. Boston is such a beautiful city, and when it was happening a friend lived close to where the guy was hiding, and was posting on facebook about the cops searching.

i tried with wall flower!

i loved both Olympus is down, and London is Down, apparently the new one is Angel is Down, looking forward to that. I love the bit of dark humour from Butler, great actor.

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:33 pm

Watched Alfred Hitchcock's Sabotage on the weekend. Loved it! In fact, I don't think there is a Hitchcock film I don't love.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:13 am

Sicks Bux wrote:
David wrote:
Yep, though I have to admit I haven't written on it much since spending about a month on there reviewing every film I watched a couple of years back. I do find it a great resource, though, and often consult it for discussion on films I'm thinking of watching (it's way better than the often comically idiotic reviews on IMDb, that's for sure).

https://letterboxd.com/furbicide/

Furbicide, huh? Were you bothered by the bedazzled Furbies in the film Uncut Gems?

I still haven't seen it! But you've sold me on that detail alone. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Over the weekend I watched the original Expendables movie.

I must have been drunk when I first watched it, I didn't remember any of it. Shocked Confused But I did enjoy it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Over the weekend I watched the original Expendables movie.

I must have been drunk when I first watched it, I didn't remember any of it. Shocked Confused But I did enjoy it.

Oh man I love the whole set, the only thing missing is the rock!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:09 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin in the original.

Also watched No. 2 which I remembered more, loved the Chuck Norris cameo. Laughing Laughing

Is there an 80's action movie star they missed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 191 of 239   

Jump to: