Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

UK AFL coverage

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handy point Aquarius

Long distance Pie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:44 am
Post subject: UK AFL coverageReply with quote

Anyone else following this Setanta collapse with nervousness?
mugway05 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN now show the games Setanta use to.

All games are played at the SLUG in Fulham every weeks. Sometimes live.

Anzac day game this year was live from 5am and included a breakfast.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
handy point Aquarius

Long distance Pie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 am

I will be at the Slug GF breakfast, + Mrs Leon D and two yankees I've managed to get into the great game.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:11 am

Interesting that you have this as a discussion topic. This is exactly how the London Supporters group was formed. I put an SOS on Gumtree in 2002 when the gf was on, to try and find a venue we could watch the game live.
Ironically a member of the BARFL Hawks team contacted me and invited me to their club rooms to watch the game. I couldn't believe that with 100,000 Aussies living and or working in London that there were no Collingwood groups or a team in the BARFL.
The rest is history as we all got together in a south london pub near the Oval and formed the group. I then lobbied the BARFL to change the Gryphons to the Black and White and Putney Magpies were formed.
I do miss the London Daves and the other crew now that I am back home. One day I would maybe like to have our story attributed on the website in the groups history along with the other members in here. Unfortunately I had to leave the group due to some tragic circumstances back home. Hope you all get to see the games.

Cheers and go pies
Anne

mugway05 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:58 pm

Thats a great story Ann. The Putney magpies are doing really well in recent years. Last year they played in the Grand Final and this year the made the Prelim. I play for the Wildcats and unforunately for you we beat them in both games. But I get along really well with the players, coaches and supporters of the Putney Magpies. I was actually talking to a long time Wimbledon hawks player/supporter not long ago and I asked him why the hawks were so dominate in the 90's but really struggle for numbers these days. He advised that Putney had taken alot of there players from there catchment areas. But anyway Putney will be really strong next year and probably should have played in the grand final this year. Unfortunately they lost alot of good players to travel commitments just before the finals.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:13 am

Thanks Mugway. One great thing about being back home is I can see all the games live at the G and tonights game should be a terrific battle.
Last week against the Crows was amazing and the crowd were beside themselves.I have never seen such a hard fought win, well at least not for while.
Saw the Dogs and the Saints knock each other out tonight. Shame the doggies didn't get up, the whole ground seemed to be behind them. And would have preferred us to play the Dogs if we get through. At least now hopefully our team can see how you can overcome the tough games and believe in ourselves against the Cats and then hopefully the Saints.
I assume the game is being shown at the Slug or somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: