Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL Report: Magpies outclass Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:10 pm
Post subject: VFL Report: Magpies outclass TigersReply with quote

Quote:
AFL listed players and comments by head coach Gavin Brown.

6. Tyson Goldsack (6k, 6h, 2m, 1t): Tyson played centre half-back on Graham Polak and moved really well. He looked to be back to his sharpest. His third man over-the-top play to help his teammates was terrific.

21. Sharrod Wellingham (8k, 12h, 5m, 3t): He got a bit of the ball and wasted a little bit of it by hand. Did some really good things but needs to work on his ball usage by hand.

22. Steele Sidebottom (5k, 9h, 6t): I was really impressed with his defensive side of his game highlighted by his six tackles. His composure in traffic was first rate.

27. Jarrad Blight (15k, 6h, 4m, 1t): Blightly moved really well. He looks like a natural footballer the way he moves. Kicked the ball to advantage and made some good decisions. Played on the wing.

28. Danny Stanley (7k, 16h, 1m, 4t): Stanley was hard, tough and tight in the stoppages. His one touch grabs and handballs were fantastic. His hardness at the contest and the footy was first class.

31. Chris Dawes (9k, 6h, 3m, 5g, 4t): Dawes played at centre half-forward and kicked five majors. Marked really strongly, contested really well and his presence was enormous up forward.

33. Brad Dick (7k, 7h, 2m, 1g): Dick was terrific in his return. Very smart and moved laterally very well. Played half-forward for 60% of the game. I was really pleased with him.

37. Luke Rounds (8k, 4h, 2m, 1k, 1t): He played on the half-back flank and did some really nice things. Didn’t get a lot of the ball but showed some really good quality things.

38. Scott Reed (6k, 6h, 1m, 2t): Showed some terrific awareness down back. Read the game really well and had some wonderful intercepts. His attack on the man and the ball was really good.

40. Chris Bryan (11k, 7h, 2m, 1t): The Bear was excellent. It was one of the best games I have ever seen him play. His aerial work was terrific and he dominated in the ruck.

43. Jaxson Barham (11k, 7h, 2m, 1t): I thought Jaxson was terrific. His run to break the lines from the wing was exceptional. At times he kicked long when shorter was a better option but his run and carry was great.

44. Lachlan Keeffe (7k, 4h, 1m, 2g, 1t): Played in the ruck and full-forward. He is a totally different player to as he was last year. Confident, composed, and really competitive. He looked like he belonged out there.

45. Toby Thoolen (3k, 3h, 2m, 2g, 3t): Toby played at full back and centre half-back and his intensity and urgency to the ball was fantastic. He has stepped up from last year.

46. Tristan Francis (7k, 1h, 2m, 3t): Played at half-back and a little bit in the middle later on. Played on Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls and did a really good job on him. Francis was hard at the ball and very competitive.

47. Jarryd Blair (5k, 9h, 1m, 2t): Played a solid game and very productive around the stoppages.

Sounds like some of the 1st year Players really did well and Dawes was Fantastic.

Article Here:

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/72738/default.aspx

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan will possibly get the nod ahead of Cam this week then. I thought Woody looked ordinary against the tiges.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:35 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
Bryan will possibly get the nod ahead of Cam this week then. I thought Woody looked ordinary against the tiges.

There is a Chance, Woody 1st 3 quarter where ordinary but he had a Good 4th Quater

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm

bryan is better than wood. always has been.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:44 pm

leonmagic wrote:

BS and you know it if Bryan was better then Wood then why did we trade our 1st Round pick for Wood when he was already on the list Rolling Eyes

optimax 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
leonmagic wrote:

BS and you know it if Bryan was better then Wood then why did we trade our 1st Round pick for Wood when he was already on the list Rolling Eyes
At bryans best he is as equal to what wood has shown dave.

Around the ground aggression etc Bryan is up there. HOs not so much but he defeinetly provides as much as wood has shown when he is up and running.

With wood he should improve being younger and 8cm taller, he keeps playing lazy then well Bryan should play ahead of him

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Bryan certainly is better value than Wood at the moment. Expect Woody to change this as the season progresses this year.

Great stuff Dave, thanks for the info

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Please excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth Smile

Thanks Dave, this thread is why I love your work most of the time. Not that crap you brought up about Dawes! Mad

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
leonmagic wrote:

"BS"? you're claiming wood is a better choice than bryan? what has he done to suggest that?

and what does what we traded have to do with it? i guess mckee was even better than wood?

wood has age on his side, and he'll get better. but i'd feel far better going into a game with bryan instead of wood.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Trading has nothing to do with it.

We traded for Chad Morrison and only drafted Scott Burns with a late pick
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Wood long term should be persisted with ahead of Bryan. Bryan is too prone to being beaten in hit outs, brain fades, sloppy decision making and disposal and the 'Bozo Syndrome'. Wood displays none of those unfortunate traits and only needs to lift his intensity to be a top grade AFL player. Bryan will never be that, even at his best. The Bear is good for one or two cameos per year to sharpen Wood up perhaps but will never be a long term ruck solution.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:06 pm

yer i would keep going with Wood in the pre-season. At least we know with Bryan we can bring him straight back in and he can have an influence. But Wood needs more time in the seniors to gain confidence and ruck against bigger bodies
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:10 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
yer i would keep going with Wood in the pre-season. At least we know with Bryan we can bring him straight back in and he can have an influence. But Wood needs more time in the seniors to gain confidence and ruck against bigger bodies

Wood should also be definitely given preference over Bryan in the Home and Away Series Dave. Its the only way he will develop into the player we all expect him to be.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 pm
Post subject: Re: VFL Report: Magpies outclass TigersReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
AFL listed players and comments by head coach Gavin Brown.

6. Tyson Goldsack (6k, 6h, 2m, 1t): Tyson played centre half-back on Graham Polak and moved really well. He looked to be back to his sharpest. His third man over-the-top play to help his teammates was terrific.

21. Sharrod Wellingham (8k, 12h, 5m, 3t): He got a bit of the ball and wasted a little bit of it by hand. Did some really good things but needs to work on his ball usage by hand.

22. Steele Sidebottom (5k, 9h, 6t): I was really impressed with his defensive side of his game highlighted by his six tackles. His composure in traffic was first rate.

27. Jarrad Blight (15k, 6h, 4m, 1t): Blightly moved really well. He looks like a natural footballer the way he moves. Kicked the ball to advantage and made some good decisions. Played on the wing.

28. Danny Stanley (7k, 16h, 1m, 4t): Stanley was hard, tough and tight in the stoppages. His one touch grabs and handballs were fantastic. His hardness at the contest and the footy was first class.

31. Chris Dawes (9k, 6h, 3m, 5g, 4t): Dawes played at centre half-forward and kicked five majors. Marked really strongly, contested really well and his presence was enormous up forward.

33. Brad Dick (7k, 7h, 2m, 1g): Dick was terrific in his return. Very smart and moved laterally very well. Played half-forward for 60% of the game. I was really pleased with him.

37. Luke Rounds (8k, 4h, 2m, 1k, 1t): He played on the half-back flank and did some really nice things. Didn’t get a lot of the ball but showed some really good quality things.

38. Scott Reed (6k, 6h, 1m, 2t): Showed some terrific awareness down back. Read the game really well and had some wonderful intercepts. His attack on the man and the ball was really good.

40. Chris Bryan (11k, 7h, 2m, 1t): The Bear was excellent. It was one of the best games I have ever seen him play. His aerial work was terrific and he dominated in the ruck.

43. Jaxson Barham (11k, 7h, 2m, 1t): I thought Jaxson was terrific. His run to break the lines from the wing was exceptional. At times he kicked long when shorter was a better option but his run and carry was great.

44. Lachlan Keeffe (7k, 4h, 1m, 2g, 1t): Played in the ruck and full-forward. He is a totally different player to as he was last year. Confident, composed, and really competitive. He looked like he belonged out there.

45. Toby Thoolen (3k, 3h, 2m, 2g, 3t): Toby played at full back and centre half-back and his intensity and urgency to the ball was fantastic. He has stepped up from last year.

46. Tristan Francis (7k, 1h, 2m, 3t): Played at half-back and a little bit in the middle later on. Played on Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls and did a really good job on him. Francis was hard at the ball and very competitive.

47. Jarryd Blair (5k, 9h, 1m, 2t): Played a solid game and very productive around the stoppages.

Sounds like some of the 1st year Players really did well and Dawes was Fantastic.

Article Here:

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/72738/default.aspx

Once again Stanley puts in a first class performance.

Once again will probably be overlooked by MM.

Give the guy a decent go at it would ya Mick!

P.S- The above comments about Stanley came from the great Gavin Brown, a player who knows a thing or to about courage and hardness himself, so it's a big compliment for Stanley. Are you listening Mick?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:19 am

rocketronnie wrote:
Wood long term should be persisted with ahead of Bryan. Bryan is too prone to being beaten in hit outs, brain fades, sloppy decision making and disposal and the 'Bozo Syndrome'. Wood displays none of those unfortunate traits and only needs to lift his intensity to be a top grade AFL player. Bryan will never be that, even at his best. The Bear is good for one or two cameos per year to sharpen Wood up perhaps but will never be a long term ruck solution.

Agree!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: