Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#24 Jamie Turner

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 am
Post subject: Re: Jamie Turner's ArroganceReply with quote

Magpie_Dan wrote:
I wasnt going to post this but here goes.

After the North Melbourne game this year I was down at the Clifton Hill Hotel for a few quiet ones with all the boys I go to the footy with week in and week out when from across the bar I spotted Jamie Turner doing the same thing.

I was stoked, stoked to see that a 1990 Premiership player was in the same place at the same time having a few beers with hes wife because the Clifton isnt really the place where ex or current players would really hang out. I approached Jamie with my Pies hat on and I went up and introduced myself and he shook my hand but then turned away. I waited for him to turn back around towards me and he did. Now for those of you posters on here who never seen it, I am chasing up the 1990 premiership players because I have a footy to comemmorate the game and also an old jumper that I was getting signed at the same time and there was a topic on here just asking people if they knew where any of the boys were. Thanks to a few people on here I have gotten 6 or 7 autographs on my footy and jumper.

When I spoke to Jamie the second time, I asked him would there be a chance I could get hes autograph on my footy and jumper and if I could contact him somehow. He told hes mrs to give me a business card but she told me she had none but let me know to search Jamie Turner on Facebook, add him and we could work something out. I was happy with that and I told Jamie I would be in contact with him. During that week I made a Facebook account because I didnt have one and to be honest im a Myspace fan and never had even wanted to make a Facebook account, but I did. I added another member and messaged also but I never got a message back nor an add back. I didnt take this too personally and thought id just catch him there again sometime!

Last Saturday night I was at the Cliffy as its where I usually drink on a Saturday night and once again, I spotted him out. This time he looked like he was in more of a talkative mood so I went up to him and once again I waited for the dew people that were talking to him to stop so that I could have a chat to Jamie. I said "gday Jamie" and he returned the words but didnt at all look to happy to chat back. I said to him that I had searched and added him and hes wife to Facebook but I never got an add back and he said he never got an add from me. I said that I have the 1990 footy and the old school Collingwood jumper that I had asked you to sign last time and that it would make my day if he could sign it. I said to him would he mind if I got hes number so that I could contact him and get my footy and jumper signed or if he or hes wife had any business cards on them and he replied "NO, NO NUMBER OR NO BUSINESS CARDS" and turned away! This pissed me off. He turned away knowing I was still there trying to talk to him but then I just thought, well hes just one of them blokes that was probably never good with the fans and walked away.

I was talking to this bloke later who knew him from when they used to play footy together but is not a really good friend and he said to me that he could get it signed from him and I just said "nah dont worry about it" and plus why the hell am I going to trust someone i dont even know with my stuff?

Jamie is obvisouly a bloke who keeps to himself and is very selective from what I have seen about who he talks to and mingles with which is fine, its hes life and each too their own. BUT.... when I have met
Doug Barwick, Shane Kerrison, Michael Christian, Mick Mcguane, Gavin Brown and Peter Daicos not one of them shirked the issue of signing the footy or the jumper. When I went and seen Shane Kerrison at hes business in Northcote, he introduced me to hes sister and this other bloke I was working with and told me that I could come past anytime and get anything I needed signed. He also told me a story of a player but didnt mention their name about when he was down at training one day a few years back and he asked them to sign something I think it was for hes son and the player refused and said ive gotta run. When Bucks told that player who Kerro was, the player came back and said Ill sign anything that you need me to. Kerro said "Dont worry about it, you probably wont be at the club in a couple years". He said to me that players have to realise we are the people who help pay their wages and they have to realise they are just normal people, just like you and I!

I am very upset with the way Jamie was soooo arrogant towards me because all the players I listed above were alot better than him but not just because of that but because players like Bucks, Swanny and Burns just to name a few are all better than him and have always talked to me with so much respect its not funny. Then you have someone like Jamie Turner, a player who did play in a premiership side for the best and most famous club in the land but lets get it straight, wasnt the best player.

How have others experiences been in meeting him? I know he isnt a Collingwood footballer no more and isnt obligated to sign anything nor talk to fans but I mean its just an autograph, thats it!!! Ive got
Nathan Buckley's autograph 100's of times and Jamie Turner isnt even a quarter of the player he was!!!

Discuss.

Hard to believe that Jamie Turner would have been anything but flattered that was even recognised. He doesn't have to become best of friends but not asking much to get a shirt signed esp when it's you who is willing to go out of your way to get it done and all he needs is hold a pen for 5 seconds to make his moniker.

Anyway as for those suggesting he would have signed it if dan had the jumper on him - well no kidding but who regularly takes all their pies paraphernalia to the pub on the off chance they might bump into a current or ex player?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

92Magarey wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
mandy wrote:
I think this is a fair enough thread. Dan had an experience (related to previous posts on his quest to obtain the signatures of the 1990 premiership players) and he posted it here. As is his right to do.

If you don't agree with what he's said, then you should say why. As is your right to do.

Attacking Dan personally though just doesn't add anything to this thread or this board on the whole.

Play the ball, not the man....

But it's ok for Dan to attack a Premiership Player personally because he wouldn't give him an autograph?

This whole thread says more about Dan than it does about Jamie Turner.

I agree with that PP but Dan hasn't just attacked Jamie Turner personally - he's attacked him extremely publically, via this very widely read Bulletin Board.

Not cool.

Are you serious Andrew, Dan may of attacked Turner but he did so with everyone knowing who Dan is...
Dan hasn't assumed a Donald Duck internet user name and vilified Jamie Turner like many other posters do around here when the Pies get beat ( no argument however from you Andrew when that happens )
Dan is a passionate Collingwood supporter moreso what many others may appreciate. Dan is the type of guy who loves to interact with players, A chat a wave of the hand etc etc and collects memorabillia not for profit but for keepsake.
It would of been a big thing for Dan to spot Turner and ask him to sign his football..as far as i can see Turner has treated Dan like a piece on unwanted furniture...I dont like that!
So Dan has called Turner arrogant from what i've read and heard from Dan i'd say he is pretty much spot on. If Dan had of been some reporter with a 500.00 cheque wanting to rekindle Turner's thought's about the 1990 Premiership i bet he wouldn't of been waved away.

Jamie Turner is a Collingwood premiership player and in latter years we dont havn't had too many of them..We still look upon these guys as Gods and even today some 16 years later thay are very much still in the public eye even if it only be Collingwood eyes...Jamie Turner should remember that, Just recently Andrew i got to sit next to Bill Serong at a function ( i shared lobster with a collingwood legend ) i was in awe and i was at times nervous as he was my 1958 premiership hero, he treated with kindness and respect all night and i did not move from that chair one inch let me tell ya Wink

Lets give Dan a break on this one..He's a great Collingwood person goes to all interstate games and most training sessions, He's expressed an opinion and is entitled to do so.
I hope this post is pointed out to Jamie Turner because Jamie has hurt a magpie brother..we're all better than that Wink
Enjoyed this story all the way until the last sentence. What are you asking Jamie to do? Bow in front of you? I played football for 25 years, mainly for personal satisfaction, friendship, and the thrill of doing something. Maybe he feels the same, something to share with people that are close. To share a fabulous moment with fans is optional, depending on one's persona. Get off your high horse, not all Collingwood people are behind you.

Oh please save the high drama stuff for your fellow inhabitants from nuff nuff oval. Dan wanted an autograph was treated like a piece of shit, You played footy for 25 years..who gives a rats. Turner played in a Collingwood Premiership side.
It cost nothing to be nice and respectful to others..but thats not a beahviour pattern common from your neck of the woods is it ?

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:33 am

Joel wrote:
Not going to have a go at Dan here, but I'd never approach a player for an autograph if they were out for dinner with their wife.

AMEN. And that should be the end of this crap.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:33 am

Dan, if it makes you feel better Mate, I will sign your footy on Jamie's behalf! Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

joffa corfe wrote:
92Magarey wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
mandy wrote:
I think this is a fair enough thread. Dan had an experience (related to previous posts on his quest to obtain the signatures of the 1990 premiership players) and he posted it here. As is his right to do.

If you don't agree with what he's said, then you should say why. As is your right to do.

Attacking Dan personally though just doesn't add anything to this thread or this board on the whole.

But it's ok for Dan to attack a Premiership Player personally because he wouldn't give him an autograph?

I agree with that PP but Dan hasn't just attacked Jamie Turner personally - he's attacked him extremely publically, via this very widely read Bulletin Board.

Not cool.

Are you serious Andrew, Dan may of attacked Turner but he did so with everyone knowing who Dan is...
Dan hasn't assumed a Donald Duck internet user name and vilified Jamie Turner like many other posters do around here when the Pies get beat ( no argument however from you Andrew when that happens )
Dan is a passionate Collingwood supporter moreso what many others may appreciate. Dan is the type of guy who loves to interact with players, A chat a wave of the hand etc etc and collects memorabillia not for profit but for keepsake.
It would of been a big thing for Dan to spot Turner and ask him to sign his football..as far as i can see Turner has treated Dan like a piece on unwanted furniture...I dont like that!
So Dan has called Turner arrogant from what i've read and heard from Dan i'd say he is pretty much spot on. If Dan had of been some reporter with a 500.00 cheque wanting to rekindle Turner's thought's about the 1990 Premiership i bet he wouldn't of been waved away.

Jamie Turner is a Collingwood premiership player and in latter years we dont havn't had too many of them..We still look upon these guys as Gods and even today some 16 years later thay are very much still in the public eye even if it only be Collingwood eyes...Jamie Turner should remember that, Just recently Andrew i got to sit next to Bill Serong at a function ( i shared lobster with a collingwood legend ) i was in awe and i was at times nervous as he was my 1958 premiership hero, he treated with kindness and respect all night and i did not move from that chair one inch let me tell ya Wink

Lets give Dan a break on this one..He's a great Collingwood person goes to all interstate games and most training sessions, He's expressed an opinion and is entitled to do so.
I hope this post is pointed out to Jamie Turner because Jamie has hurt a magpie brother..we're all better than that Wink
Enjoyed this story all the way until the last sentence. What are you asking Jamie to do? Bow in front of you? I played football for 25 years, mainly for personal satisfaction, friendship, and the thrill of doing something. Maybe he feels the same, something to share with people that are close. To share a fabulous moment with fans is optional, depending on one's persona. Get off your high horse, not all Collingwood people are behind you.

Oh please save the high drama stuff for your fellow inhabitants from nuff nuff oval. Dan wanted an autograph was treated like a piece of shit, You played footy for 25 years..who gives a rats. Turner played in a Collingwood Premiership side.
It cost nothing to be nice and respectful to others..but thats not a beahviour pattern common from your neck of the woods is it ?

brrrr, "free kick to 92magarey. joffa corfe, you didn't have eyes for the ball. you've got to have your eyes on the ball. the mark is there, back a couple of paces please."

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 am

Jock McPie wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
92Magarey wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
mandy wrote:

Not cool.

brrrr, "free kick to 92magarey. joffa corfe, you didn't have eyes for the ball. you've got to have your eyes on the ball. the mark is there, back a couple of paces please."

LOL no worries ump Wink

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:36 am

[quote="Joel"]Not going to have a go at Dan here, but I'd never approach a player for an autograph if they were out for dinner with their wife.[/quote]

I NEVER said he was out to dinner. He was at the Clifton Hill Hotel drinking with hes wife whom I assume he goes everywhere with because both times ive seen him hes been with her!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:51 am

Jock McPie wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
92Magarey wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
mandy wrote:

Not cool.

Flicks a handpass to David who runs to 50 and slams home a vital goal!

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:10 am

David wrote:
Flicks a handpass to David who runs to 50 and slams home a vital goal!

GAME OVER!!! Shocked

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:12 am

mods, lock this thread....and then delete it
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:17 am

the ru is on fire wrote:
mods, lock this thread....and then delete it

what? before Jamie gets right of reply? lol

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:20 am

FFS CLOSED //
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 am

Magpie_Dan wrote:
Joel wrote:
Not going to have a go at Dan here, but I'd never approach a player for an autograph if they were out for dinner with their wife.

I NEVER said he was out to dinner. He was at the Clifton Hill Hotel drinking with hes wife whom I assume he goes everywhere with because both times ive seen him hes been with her!

This is symptomatic of your problem Dan.

You just refuse to listen

HIS

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:27 am

All points made, for and against.

Before this descends any further, <click>
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: