Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#24 Jamie Turner

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ah Tibor 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if every supporter who had a grievance with a player across their time of supporting CFC posted on here about it.... Chopper says harden the f$ck up

Just another rubbish off-field thread. Sift through it as always and keep an eye out for the good stuff.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 pm

frankiboy wrote:
HAL, your grammar is atrocious. Rolling Eyes

you are wearing a tiara and yet you have a go at the tinhead?! Surprised

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Close //
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:28 pm

I hardly think Dan approaching Turner for an autograph is 'crossing the line'.

All Dan was asking was an autograph. Not sure why Turner went to the extent of make up a BS story, all he had to do was refuse in the first place.
Disappointed for Dan because I know the bloke is trying hard to get the whole premiership team together on the one jumper. I'm also disappointed in Turners behavior.

I know Dan personally, he is a good mate, is as diehard as they come and has a huge heart. Just recently he went out of his way to get my old Spicers Paper jumper signed by Scott Burns himself 'To Roddy'. I can never thank Magpie Dan enough. Whether Dan should have started this thread is debatable but I feel i must post this because a lot of you people are questioning Dans character and integrity when u don't even know the bloke.

Good on you Dan mate, keep punching and keep your chin up.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 pm

jamie respond
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:00 pm

I think if a fan comes up to a player while at training or another club event and asks for an autograph then yeah, the player is bound by the club to do the right thing by the fan and sign the jumper. On the other hand, if the player is approached on a night out with family, friends and just wants to be left alone to live his life, then he should have the right to say maybe another time. But because Turner is long retired, the training option is obviously out. He should have signed. He is a legend of the club, being in the last premiership team. Would it have killed him to sign the bloody thing?!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Roddy wrote:

All Dan was asking was an autograph. Not sure why Turner went to the extent of make up a BS story, all he had to do was refuse in the first place.
Disappointed for Dan because I know the bloke is trying hard to get the whole premiership team together on the one jumper. I'm also disappointed in Turners behavior.

I know Dan personally, he is a good mate, is as diehard as they come and has a huge heart. Just recently he went out of his way to get my old Spicers Paper jumper signed by Scott Burns himself 'To Roddy'. I can never thank Magpie Dan enough. Whether Dan should have started this thread is debatable but I feel i must post this because a lot of you people are questioning Dans character and integrity when u don't even know the bloke.

Exactly..Chin up Dan your one out of the box mate..Love your passion Wink

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Not going to have a go at Dan here, but I'd never approach a player for an autograph if they were out for dinner with their wife.
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 pm

mel_kay39 wrote:
I think if a fan comes up to a player while at training or another club event and asks for an autograph then yeah, the player is bound by the club to do the right thing by the fan and sign the jumper. On the other hand, if the player is approached on a night out with family, friends and just wants to be left alone to live his life, then he should have the right to say maybe another time. But because Turner is long retired, the training option is obviously out. He should have signed. He is a legend of the club, being in the last premiership team. Would it have killed him to sign the bloody thing?!

How could he sign it when Dan didn't have it with him? He would have signed if it was there to be signed. He is under no obligation to organize a meet up.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Clearly Dan has never been given "the brush-off" before. I thought Jamie Turner handled it politely (certainly more politely than I would have). As Jacqui posted above, quoting Scotty Cummings, players, let alone ex-players, get both sides of it and the hassle must be horrendous.
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Dan you sent a friend request and Jamie says he didn't get one.

Are you sure you picked the right Jamie Turner? there are quite a few on there.
92Magarey 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Roddy wrote:

Exactly..Chin up Dan your one out of the box mate..Love your passion Wink
Everyone here gets the feel what Dan's all about, no problem at all there. Proud and passionate. But how would Jamie know that?
92Magarey 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
mandy wrote:
I think this is a fair enough thread. Dan had an experience (related to previous posts on his quest to obtain the signatures of the 1990 premiership players) and he posted it here. As is his right to do.

If you don't agree with what he's said, then you should say why. As is your right to do.

Attacking Dan personally though just doesn't add anything to this thread or this board on the whole.

Play the ball, not the man....

But it's ok for Dan to attack a Premiership Player personally because he wouldn't give him an autograph?

This whole thread says more about Dan than it does about Jamie Turner.

I agree with that PP but Dan hasn't just attacked Jamie Turner personally - he's attacked him extremely publically, via this very widely read Bulletin Board.

Not cool.

Are you serious Andrew, Dan may of attacked Turner but he did so with everyone knowing who Dan is...
Dan hasn't assumed a Donald Duck internet user name and vilified Jamie Turner like many other posters do around here when the Pies get beat ( no argument however from you Andrew when that happens )
Dan is a passionate Collingwood supporter moreso what many others may appreciate. Dan is the type of guy who loves to interact with players, A chat a wave of the hand etc etc and collects memorabillia not for profit but for keepsake.
It would of been a big thing for Dan to spot Turner and ask him to sign his football..as far as i can see Turner has treated Dan like a piece on unwanted furniture...I dont like that!
So Dan has called Turner arrogant from what i've read and heard from Dan i'd say he is pretty much spot on. If Dan had of been some reporter with a 500.00 cheque wanting to rekindle Turner's thought's about the 1990 Premiership i bet he wouldn't of been waved away.

Jamie Turner is a Collingwood premiership player and in latter years we dont havn't had too many of them..We still look upon these guys as Gods and even today some 16 years later thay are very much still in the public eye even if it only be Collingwood eyes...Jamie Turner should remember that, Just recently Andrew i got to sit next to Bill Serong at a function ( i shared lobster with a collingwood legend ) i was in awe and i was at times nervous as he was my 1958 premiership hero, he treated with kindness and respect all night and i did not move from that chair one inch let me tell ya Wink

Lets give Dan a break on this one..He's a great Collingwood person goes to all interstate games and most training sessions, He's expressed an opinion and is entitled to do so.
I hope this post is pointed out to Jamie Turner because Jamie has hurt a magpie brother..we're all better than that Wink
Enjoyed this story all the way until the last sentence. What are you asking Jamie to do? Bow in front of you? I played football for 25 years, mainly for personal satisfaction, friendship, and the thrill of doing something. Maybe he feels the same, something to share with people that are close. To share a fabulous moment with fans is optional, depending on one's persona. Get off your high horse, not all Collingwood people are behind you.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Maybe this will derail the thread.
rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:15 am

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. All I can say about it is I want to climb into Roddy's avatar.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: