Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

COLLINGWOOD VS WILLIAMSTOWN VFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

favourites 2008 wrote:
It was always going to happen when you take out Lonie, JA, Toovey and Reid our best four players from the previous week.

Finally some common sense! That's four very good players taken from the team. All would have been very handy.

Dawes impressed with his attack on the footy and he didn't get much from the umps given the number of times his arms were chopped in a marking contest, Clarke was impressive but still making errors, Cox does some very good things and then balances that with some very ordinary and he can be a little slow, Cook and Isles were consistent, Holland, Egan and Bryan need to do more to justify promotion. Dyas, Thoolan and Casey-Leigh showed some promising signs but are still a fair way from senior selection

All in all, I didn't see anybody performing to a level that demands a spot in the senior line-up.

Of the VFL listed players, Walsh was the stand out. Frost, Nicholls, Colbert and Carmody were all disappointing. Sadly Lica showed why he waqsn't retained on the senior list.

Cloke was impressive with his attack on the footy, particularly his contested marking but I still didn't see anything that would justify having hiom on our list ahead of any of the kids we currently have.

Rose clearly BOG!

Barring injuries, you would imagine that this team will improve over the winter. Add the four omissions, Rusling and McCarthy to the team and you'd imagine they will be very competitive.
cfc2009-10-11-12 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm

Was everyone watching the same game i was? Dawes didnt do anything special looked a bit slow actually... Cook, Clarke & Cox were our best... Stanley was just okay. Holland was disappointing. The VFL players were pathetic besides Walsh who was good.
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Can someone give a performance analysis for each Collingwood-listed player? Smile
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:
Was everyone watching the same game i was? Dawes didnt do anything special looked a bit slow actually... Cook, Clarke & Cox were our best... Stanley was just okay. Holland was disappointing. The VFL players were pathetic besides Walsh who was good.

i thought dawes was good early on. needs to hold his marks a bit better, one grab. the vfl players were pretty ordinary as you say. that can't be inexperience can it?? sloppy disposal and decision making.

i still notice clarke getting caught out on the odd occasion, nothing major but not as silky as we've seen.

Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:43 pm

same i agree with cfc comments on dawes,

his turning circle looks slow and his running style a bit agricultural.

two goals big deal, should be annihilating this level.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 pm

I only saw the second half, but in terms of the VFL boys I was impressed with Shane Mcdonald who is the strongest player for his height I've ever seen. He took 2 strong marks in the forward pocket in the 3rd quarter and calmly slotted them through for goals each time. He's a beautiful kick.
tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:11 pm

I am afraid I was a little worse for wear for most of the afternoon to be able to give a solid analysis of the performances.

I seem to remember Stanley being prominent, along with Clarke and Egan as well. Bryan was pretty ordinary from memory.

The fresh sea air down at Morris St conspired with the cold cold VB cans to remove any real perspective I could offer.

On another note, good to see some Nicksters on Saturday, and who would have thought I have been talking footy (and cricket) with the collingwood turtle for 15 years or so!!! His HS blog will be worth a look as the year goes on - he knows his footy that fella.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:33 pm

Some pics from the action...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: