Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL food prices - disgrace!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:53 am
Post subject: VFL food prices - disgrace!Reply with quote

Pie $4.00
Sausage Roll $3.50
Chips $4.50
Potatoe Cakes $1.00

And crap quality too.
Service with a scowl.

Williamstown may never have had hot chips, but you could get a cuppa and pie with a smile and a 'thanks love' from a lady that cared about what people think of her footy club. Not to mention the price rise!!! A Williamstown pie was $3.00. Like the MCG parking 33% price rise, a pie at a Collingwood VFL home game costs 33% more.

Is spotless involved here too?
Why not, a CFC board member is lining his own pocket from Spotless profits. Why wouldn't The Club rip some more cash out it's die hard supporters pockets?!

This is just a builetin board post and will probably travel nowhere. But rest assured CFC, there will be a build up of action leading into the December AGM and only a premiership will prevent serious blood letting.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how caters get the contract to supply food at the footy? Is it a tender process where the company that's willing to pay the most money to the AFL/VFL/Stadium gets the gig? Is there any contractual control by the AFL/VFL/Stadium over prices or do they just gouge as much as they can out of the caterer who then in turn does it to the patrons?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 am

stui magpie wrote:
Does anyone know how caters get the contract to supply food at the footy? Is it a tender process where the company that's willing to pay the most money to the AFL/VFL/Stadium gets the gig? Is there any contractual control by the AFL/VFL/Stadium over prices or do they just gouge as much as they can out of the caterer who then in turn does it to the patrons?

is there a company that CAN compete with Spotless Catering/cleaning/etc/etc

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 am

stui magpie wrote:

I went through this with the ACCC and the Vic office of fair trading last year and we hit a dead end. The games are regarded as private functions and part of the conditions of entry to this 'private function' is that food will be supplied and the pricing is at the discretion of the function host. By entering the ground, we, the patron, accept the pricing regardless of how unfair it is and there is no legislative body that can bring these parasites to account. Rock and hard place. But we are still looking for an opening. Trying to get the State Government to legistlate against one of it's mates won't work either. You would think I was talking about Jack Boot Jeff too, but this is Labour turning a blind eye to what amounts to its rank and file supporters. It is the working class that are paying these inflated prices, not the toffs in their buffet catered corporate suites. They are happy to pay too much for food, but WE, DOWN THERE are not!

Organising boycots are a waste of time and energy in an apathetic society like ours and rocking the apple cart only allienates the complainant. It will get worse when The AFL, the stadiums, the clubs and the caterers start throwing their considerable weight around. It is an unwinnable fight in reality.

I think it is important for Collingwood members to know that the club is implicated in all this and the spin about not having any say is just the kind of lip service the long suffering Collingwood member has had to deal with for decades.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:15 am

how can they be regarded as private functions, when they sell general admission tickets.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:38 am
Post subject: Re: VFL food prices - disgrace!Reply with quote

die4pies wrote:
Pie $4.00
Sausage Roll $3.50
Chips $4.50
Potatoe Cakes $1.00

And crap quality too.
Service with a scowl.

Williamstown may never have had hot chips, but you could get a cuppa and pie with a smile and a 'thanks love' from a lady that cared about what people think of her footy club. Not to mention the price rise!!! A Williamstown pie was $3.00. Like the MCG parking 33% price rise, a pie at a Collingwood VFL home game costs 33% more.

Is spotless involved here too?
Why not, a CFC board member is lining his own pocket from Spotless profits. Why wouldn't The Club rip some more cash out it's die hard supporters pockets?!

This is just a builetin board post and will probably travel nowhere. But rest assured CFC, there will be a build up of action leading into the December AGM and only a premiership will prevent serious blood letting.

Dissapointed to hear that Shane. I couldnt go on Sunday as i was coming back from Brissy. But will be there next time. We were probably spoilt at Williamstown..as volunteers prepared all the food..Nice cream and jam scones, affordable sandwhiches.and cheap coffee.
Thanks for the warning we'll pack a cut lunch at all Optus oval games.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:49 am

Honestly, what do you expect to pay? I find no matter what level of football people complain about the prices. Compared to local football it's slightly more expensive. Compared to AFL it’s a bargain. Ventured to Seymour yesterday and watch East Burwood take on last years GVFL premiers and home made hamburgers $2.50. If I wanted a hot dog $3, Local Pies $3.50 and I was told they were great. Dim Sims steamed $.090. Jim Beam cans $5.50 and VB $3.50

Nice day and great club with friendly people for the annual clash.

No one argued the price as the money goes to the club as would be the case at VFL level.

For the record Rams won and VFL listed player Brad Jones would have been in the best 5. Nice lad and can play.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 am

Culprit wrote:
Honestly, what do you expect to pay?

Simple, $3.00 for a Pie. Still plenty of margin in it for the club.

I refuse to buy food at AFL games.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:49 am

If we all stopped buying food and drinks at AFL games something would be done. I buy at local football as I know the money goes to the clubs.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:56 pm

All Food Prices at the Footy is Disgusting
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:43 pm

Culprit wrote:
If we all stopped buying food and drinks at AFL games something would be done. I buy at local football as I know the money goes to the clubs.

I consider VFL to be local footy and hence local footy prices should be charged. Am I correct in thinking that Carlton run and profit from the food stalls even on Collingwood home games?

If so, we will not be purchasing food at the ground ever again.

The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:52 pm

From my understanding Collingwood is getting 85% of everything (including gate receipts) and Carlton gets 15% aside from the cut the caterers get.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:24 pm

die4pies wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I consider VFL to be local footy and hence local footy prices should be charged. Am I correct in thinking that Carlton run and profit from the food stalls even on Collingwood home games?

If so, we will not be purchasing food at the ground ever again.

VFL does not represent grass roots nor local football and give nothing back to the local level. It's all take take take same as TAC.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 pm

Unfortunately Collingwood is an AFL club and using AFL facilities which will have AFL contracts in place and therefore the same prices

Even if Collingwood went back to Vic Park you would still pay the same prices, sometimes success can have its downsides but with our huge supporter base we couldnt really get away with playing at a local venue with a couple of volunteers running it like the smaller VFL clubs
quinny 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:46 pm

i reckon 4 bucks for a pie is about right these days....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: