Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Report Coll V Geelong.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:04 pm
Post subject: Match Report Coll V Geelong.Reply with quote

Big win from the pies, Good hit-out for the lads who took the field. Geelong were outclassed and found wanting from the first bounce.
Nice to see Rupert Betheras back at Collingwood it was nice to be back at the footy and catch up with everyone.
Jumper numbers were all over the place and unfortunately i wasn't able to get a sheet with names.
Number 16 took some nice grabs at full foward, Dimma's brother played well, Also good to hear Dimma ( the one who played with the pies 5-6 years ago ) will be the runner for the pies this season in the VFL..nice bloke Dimma will be good to catch up with him again.

A young lad by the nick-name of Frosty was a sensation he is a taller look a like version of Dale Thomas and be-warned this kid can play, infact Collingwood have recruited well.
Jaxon Barham finished the game with a shoulder problem. Travis Cloke showed he will be in for a ripper of a season in 2008 as he went about marking everything in sight.
Liam Jurrah was good lightning quick his nick name is Flash.
The final VFL squad will be named on the 10th March.
Hary Obrien was excellent as was Didak. Jaxon Barham took them all on in the mid-field as his dad used to do, The number 16 guy who impressed has the last name of Dick and is no relation to Brad Dick.
Rowdy coached well, infact he spoke well and was clear and direct with what he wanted from his players.
What impressed was our younger players who will be named on the VFL list all went well and might suprise during season 2008.
All senior players who played went good as it was an excellent hit-out. Gary pert was present in the rooms.
Collingwood are travelling well, look to be well organised and ready for a big season.
I can now see many advanatges going alone in the VFL..the whole thing seems to be now more proffessional, Good to see the guys all decked out in Black and White.
It was a big win by the maggies against ordinary opposition, was great to be back at the footy..well done to all.

FINAL SCORES

Geelong 3.5.23
Collingwood 26.17.173

Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Goldsack play at all?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Magpie Girl wrote:
Did Goldsack play at all?

Yes he did and he went ok.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Match Report Coll V Geelong.Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
Big win from the pies, Good hit-out for the lads who took the field. Geelong were outclassed and found wanting from the first bounce.
Nice to see Rupert Betheras back at Collingwood it was nice to be back at the footy and catch up with everyone.
Jumper numbers were all over the place and unfortunately i wasn't able to get a sheet with names.
Number 16 took some nice grabs at full foward, Dimma's brother played well, Also good to hear Dimma ( the one who played with the pies 5-6 years ago ) will be the runner for the pies this season in the VFL..nice bloke Dimma will be good to catch up with him again.

A young lad by the nick-name of Frosty was a sensation he is a taller look a like version of Dale Thomas and be-warned this kid can play, infact Collingwood have recruited well.
Jaxon Barham finished the game with a shoulder problem. Travis Cloke showed he will be in for a ripper of a season in 2008 as he went about marking everything in sight.
Hary Obrien was excellent as was Didak. Jaxon Barham took them all on in the mid-field as his dad used to do, The number 16 guy who impressed has the last name of Dick and is no relation to Brad Dick.
Rowdy coached well, infact he spoke well and was clear and direct with what he wanted from his players.
What impressed was our younger players who will be named on the VFL list all went well and might suprise during season 2008.
All senior players who played went good as it was an excellent hit-out. Gary pert was present in the rooms.
Collingwood are travelling well, look to be well organised and ready for a big season.
I can now see many advanatges going alone in the VFL..the whole thing seems to be now more proffessional, Good to see the guys all decked out in Black and White.
It was a big win by the maggies against ordinary opposition, was great to be back at the footy..well done to all.

FINAL SCORES

Geelong 3.5.23
Collingwood 26.17.173

Frost Could be a Real Find.

Who was Travis Goal Kicking Accuracy?

How bad was Barhams Shoulder?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Match Report Coll V Geelong.Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

FINAL SCORES

Geelong 3.5.23
Collingwood 26.17.173

Frost Could be a Real Find.

Who was Travis Goal Kicking Accuracy?

How bad was Barhams Shoulder?

From what i could tell it wasnt too serious but we'll have to wait and see.
Travis was a gun today he's in for a ripper 2008.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Frost is on our VFL list and believe it or not can be picked up by anyone at seasons end...because he's on our VFL list it doesn't mean we get to keep him.
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:30 pm

Collingwood 5.9.39, 10.12.72, 18.13.121, 26.17.173
Geelong 0.1.1, 1.3.9, 2.4.16, 3.5.23

Goals & Behinds : Tim Walsh 5.0, Travis Cloke 3.3, George Dick 3.1, Alan Didak 2.1, Shane O'Bree 2.2, Martin Clarke 2.0, Tarkyn Lockyer 2.1, Josh Fraser 2.0, Daniel Frost 1.0, Ryan Colbert 1.3, Nigel Carmody 1.0, Harry O'Brien 1.0, Nick Dimmatina 0.2, Justin Crow 1.1, Daniel Nicholls 0.1, Heath Shaw 0.1 & Rushed 0.1

Best : Tarkyn Lockyer, Travis Cloke, Josh Fraser, Shane O'Bree, Heath Shaw, Daniel Nicholls, Shane McDonald
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:36 pm

other guy said walsh kicked 12. anyway, good to see our boys doing well and i also think cloke is in for a huuuge year.

good also to see danny nicholls in the best, i think he could still be a slim chance to play for seniors again one day.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Josh looked in fantastic shape and is clearly the captain in waiting imo.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:08 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Josh looked in fantastic shape and is clearly the captain in waiting imo.

Thanks Bruce, sorry i left Josh out of the report i knew i forgot someone, he played a ripper didnt he ?

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Some shots from todays action...
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Lisa's Frosty shots...
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Mr. Chairman wrote:
other guy said walsh kicked 12.

If you mean me, then from where I was sitting, it appeared he was kicking goals from everywhere.

I know he kicked a couple in the first, and at least three in the third (got pics of each of them), but it was difficult to pick out who was who at the city end.

Hooked
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:11 am

Did you check to see if they had got around to engraving their 2007 cup yet?

Otherwise you could have used your car keys and engraved it for them.

With the words, "Big deal, we would have beaten port by 120 points, and your still a handbag team"

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:30 am

Nice kid Frosty and very approachable had a nice chat with him after the game, comes from scorpions..and reckons he didn't play that well. Bugger me i'd love to be there when he puts in a ripper Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: