Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thoolan video on Collingwood web site

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermerl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:23 pm
Post subject: Thoolan video on Collingwood web siteReply with quote

I have just watched the video and this kid looks amazing good mark good football brain good disposal, looks like a cross between Josh and ben Reid ,,,,,,could be better than both,,,, heres hoping
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

More like Daniel Bandy....!!!

Floreat Pica!!!!
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:18 pm

link?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:18 pm

themonk wrote:
link?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=5586&newsId=53881

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Very mobile for a big boy and seems to have a good footy brain, thinks quickly when he has the ball. Kicking style is a little concerning but seems effective. CAN take a grab and good at ground level.

Can see him playing KPP back or forward quite easily. Very Happy

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:
link?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=5586&newsId=53881

thanks dave
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:16 am

I like the looks of this kid....the best of the three draftees IMO.
sq3 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:57 am

Both Macca and Toby look very good in contested situations and both have extremely good balance and poise.

Both seems to enjoy body contact and Macca seems to really enjoy laying a hard tackle.

Toby reminds me of James Hird - but taller and faster - he has that poise and balance.

Macca (dare I say it) is almost Judd like in his reading of the play.

Barham reads the play extremely well is very good in close.

Mr Hine is now selecting the real people that can really play football and not drafting athletes that we try to adapt to play football.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:41 pm

For pick 47 very happy. I mean you have to put it in perspective. He looked very comfortable against shorter skinner boys. He was definitely a class above.

At 196cm, 91kg's he is going to be moved aside with significant ease at this stage. But the beauty is his age means he probably still has 2cm's left of growth in him. Im a shortass but kept growing until i was 20. Obviously he needs to put a bit more bulk on.

If he doesnt grow anymore and struggles to put on weight he will be an awful in between size where he is too short for a ruck and too tall for an key position.

But his mobility and the way he reads the play is great. Fantastic highlight package as good as anyone elses. I think we'll have to give him 3 years, but he is a great get at the pick we took him at.

Sorry if i sounded critical, im more just saying we will have to be patient because all we are seeing is highlights of a tall agile kid against skinny short boys. Most of the marks he took were against skinny opponents.

But there is huge talent. With a few years in the system he could be a real smokey

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:50 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Im a shortass but kept growing until i was 20.

Lot of variables in that dave. My son had surgery around his knee when he was 13, The doctor told him he'd only grow another 2cms. Must have been able to tell from the scans somehow. He was 6 foot then, he's now nearly 18 and 6'1".

Kids can keep growing until 20/21, they can also stop at 14 or younger.

Even if Thollen doesn't grow any more, he's a great size for a KPP and a ruck pinch hitter if necessary.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:35 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
For pick 47 very happy. I mean you have to put it in perspective. He looked very comfortable against shorter skinner boys. He was definitely a class above.

At 196cm, 91kg's he is going to be moved aside with significant ease at this stage. But the beauty is his age means he probably still has 2cm's left of growth in him. Im a shortass but kept growing until i was 20. Obviously he needs to put a bit more bulk on.

If he doesnt grow anymore and struggles to put on weight he will be an awful in between size where he is too short for a ruck and too tall for an key position.

But his mobility and the way he reads the play is great. Fantastic highlight package as good as anyone elses. I think we'll have to give him 3 years, but he is a great get at the pick we took him at.

Sorry if i sounded critical, im more just saying we will have to be patient because all we are seeing is highlights of a tall agile kid against skinny short boys. Most of the marks he took were against skinny opponents.

But there is huge talent. With a few years in the system he could be a real smokey

really well put. i am no talent scout but i was really taken by him more so than mccarthy when watching the two the other day.

Trezegol 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:26 am

I'm pretty sure i read recently that Thoolen had grown bt 2cm since the end of last season.

One would expect that he could get to 200cm. The problem will be his weight.

All our rucks since Monky have been lanky and skinny (Cameron Wood seems to break this mould), which has meant that they get pushes aside far too easily. Look at Guy.

Toby would need to put on 10 kilos before he was even competitive.
The Royal Sampler 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Very mobile for a big boy and seems to have a good footy brain, thinks quickly when he has the ball. Kicking style is a little concerning but seems effective. CAN take a grab and good at ground level.

Can see him playing KPP back or forward quite easily. Very Happy

I'm not that concerned, he kicked 15.4 in the TAC Cup this year on suburban grounds which are exposed to the wind. As long as he's effective, that's all that matters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: