Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#19 Cameron Wood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel the same way about his game today as I did about his last game. Which is to say he wasn't bad, but gave Darren Jolly nothing to worry about either.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Very pleased with his game, horrible conditions for a ruckman and he handled the ball relatively well
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:33 pm

I thought he did ok around the ground but the hitout statistic is rather damning.

For me Woods No.1 priority when Jolly is absent is to provide a strong contest in a ruck and win his fair share of hitouts.

Minson who's no world beater had nearly double the amount.

That's a fail IMO and something he must improve on in a hurry.

Magpie Camo Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 pm

^ I agree. We must get first use in the guts, and Wood just doesn't give us that. I worry that Jolly wont be ready for the Cats and Ottens will kill him.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:39 pm

I liked Wood's game, he positioned himself well, did some nice work with the taps and was good around the ground.

It's a big step up from the VFL and he did a god job.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Wood did ok in my thoughts Smile

Stood up, considering it was wet and greasy. Pass Smile

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:00 pm

I thought it was Woody's best game yet. That said, the Dogs were missing their main ruckman in Hudson, so we must consider the quality of his opponent. The main thing was that he remained involved in the game for four quarters. Well done Woody.
Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm

I actually thought Wood did a pretty reasonable job tonight. Jolly's obviously still our number 1 choice, but Woody seems to be improving. Will be interesting to see how he goes against the Cats, assuming he plays.

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I thought he did ok around the ground but the hitout statistic is rather damning.

For me Woods No.1 priority when Jolly is absent is to provide a strong contest in a ruck and win his fair share of hitouts.

A bit surprised really. I see Wood as a better centre square tap ruckman than Jolly, who often gets beaten in the hit outs himself.

Still, hit outs aren't overly important, as long as your not allowing easy takeaways for the opposition. I thought Wood was pretty good today, and would not be concerned at all if he had to take on Ottens (similar quality to Mincen these days) in two weeks time.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

A bit surprised really. I see Wood as a better centre square tap ruckman than Jolly, who often gets beaten in the hit outs himself.

Still, hit outs aren't overly important, as long as your not allowing easy takeaways for the opposition. I thought Wood was pretty good today, and would not be concerned at all if he had to take on Ottens (similar quality to Mincen these days) in two weeks time.

After tonight, i reckon play him for the next month. Give Jolly a good spell and have him cherry ripe heading in to finals time when we really need him. the games will only help Wood get his game together in case Jolly goes down in September.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

After tonight, i reckon play him for the next month. Give Jolly a good spell and have him cherry ripe heading in to finals time when we really need him. the games will only help Wood get his game together in case Jolly goes down in September.

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Was OK.

At least he got involved around the ground where typically he spectates.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 pm

I can't believe you lot. First you say "who cares about the damn hitouts, Wood is useless around the ground, and that's what matters". Then, when Woody duly puts together a couple of solid games where he competes around the ground, lays some tackles, takes some marks, even chips in for the odd running handball receive, you turn around and say "oh, a ruckman has to win the hitouts". Make up your damn minds!

(Yeah, yeah, both is nice. But you can't have both, not unless you have a genuine champion ruckman, and even the champions struggle to do both all of the time.)

Last edited by Tannin on Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 pm

^^This. Was kind of an opposite day for him. Usually better with his hit outs than around the ground. At least the endeavour was there, and he gets a big tick from me for that, as it's not always been the case.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 am

Yes he did get beaten but you can't expect him to win every hit out. he was very competitive and serviceable around the ground. they were awful conditions tonight to be playing in and i thought he did reasonably well. he took a few marks, defended well, laid some tackles and did his best to try and win the ball from a contest. i believe he will improve with time. no need to rush jolly back in just yet. i would like to see wood assert himself more in a contest. by that i mean either crunch a pack and take a strong mark or defend. he needs more game time. as other posters have mentioned. jamar took time and so did jolly when he started out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19   

Jump to: