Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Friends making questionable life decisions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:41 pm
Post subject: Friends making questionable life decisionsReply with quote

A few months ago, an acquaintance I really like started plugging a personal life coaching business. Soon after, another friend joined the Australian Communist Party and started posting annoying tankie memes. Today, I found out another friend is getting into creating and selling NFTs (please just look it up on Google and don't even think about asking me to explain) of self-abusing primates and asked me to follow his account on Twitter.

It's possible to be supportive of friends' choices without necessarily agreeing with every aspect of what they're doing, of course. But how do you maintain your friendship with somebody when the thing they're devoting their life to right now is objectively ridiculous?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:48 pm
Post subject: Re: Friends making questionable life decisionsReply with quote

David wrote:
A few months ago, an acquaintance I really like started plugging a personal life coaching business. Soon after, another friend joined the Australian Communist Party and started posting annoying tankie memes. Today, I found out another friend is getting into creating and selling NFTs (please just look it up on Google and don't even think about asking me to explain) of self-abusing primates and asked me to follow his account on Twitter.

It's possible to be supportive of friends' choices without necessarily agreeing with every aspect of what they're doing, of course. But how do you maintain your friendship with somebody when the thing they're devoting their life to right now is objectively ridiculous?

Sounds like People who you don't want as Friends

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, look – I don't judge them, and it doesn't necessarily affect how I see them as people. If I were closer to them I might have counselled them not to go down these paths. But it does make any conversation that gets on to the respective topic super awkward, that's for sure!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Friends making questionable life decisionsReply with quote

David wrote:

I don't understand NFT's in the first place, seems like a stupid way to spend money, but is there a market for pictures of self abusing primates? Shocked

As for the key question, why not as long as they aren't hurting anyone else? Let them have their beliefs as long as they are capable of holding a conversation on other topics. If they're like a born again Christian who can't stop trying to convince you, cut em loose but if they're able to accept you have zero interest and can we please talk about something else, sounds fine.

I mean, I have friends who are Labor party members. Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:51 pm

i hate so called friends who shove their business down your throat, or their new age beliefs! cut em lose in less you really want/need them in your life!

as for the primates, id dob him in to somewhere, scumbags making money out of animals, you know whaere that leads, first its insects, then bigger animals then people. hes a jerk

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm

I probably should have clarified, sorry – these are merely very simply drawn (like, MS Paint) cartoon characters. It's certainly tasteless, but not a police matter!

stui magpie wrote:
I mean, I have friends who are Labor party members. Razz Wink

Okay now that might be a bridge too far even for me. Laughing

roar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:17 pm

I have a similar problem with friends that are Trump fans and anti-vaxxers. It's all good if we don't stray into that territory but unfortunately, people who are that way usually can't help but bring it up. Really is cult-like behaviour.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:38 am

yes i have a friend driving me nuts! but last walk she had finally taken her son to the doc and asked the question about herself. her minor heart murmor wont cut it, so next month she will get the new vaccine coming out! no idea if its any different, and i bet she doesnt have either, she just wont back down! i almost said for fuckssake just get 1, so by december you can enjoy all the nights out you want! Dining out with friends is her favourite thing!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:29 pm

think positive wrote:
yes i have a friend driving me nuts! but last walk she had finally taken her son to the doc and asked the question about herself. her minor heart murmor wont cut it, so next month she will get the new vaccine coming out! no idea if its any different, and i bet she doesnt have either, she just wont back down! i almost said for fuckssake just get 1, so by december you can enjoy all the nights out you want! Dining out with friends is her favourite thing!

What New Vaccine?

1st I heard about it

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 pm

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/other-industries/novavax-covid-vaccine-better-than-pfizer-coming-to-australia/news-story/4a528e0f6d9e7a0732488bd73412ad8c
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:24 pm

Sounds great, but how many vaccines (and how many more doses) do we actually need? Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 pm

yeah thats wot i thought!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:30 am

I expect Dan to remove all restrictions when 99% of the population has had their 10th shot. Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:04 pm

think positive wrote:
https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/other-industries/novavax-covid-vaccine-better-than-pfizer-coming-to-australia/news-story/4a528e0f6d9e7a0732488bd73412ad8c

That sounds Great when it pretty Much Guarantee you would not get sick of Covid

Will it be used as Booster?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:16 pm

If it gets approved it'll be one of about 500 million vaccines available in the country and after this years complaining about a lack of vaccines, the whiners will move on to the massive waste of money spent on unnecessary vaccines that get thrown out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: