Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 856, 857, 858 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll check that out.

Right now social media is a godsend for keeping connected!

Thus morning I took the eldest to get her stitches out, I’m trying to limit going out, so I dropped her home, and continued on shopping for us and the 2 old ladies down the street. I knew one place would take me 2 min from the house of the family I’ve been taking memories for, the 6 year old is out of options. Her make a wish party was cancelled, it was the day before lockdown but she came down with chickenpox! Because you know state 4 cancer ain’t enough! Sadly there is a real chance I’ll never hug this brave little girl again, but I wanted to see her at least once more. I got up at 6, did a few more edits and put them on a USB, wrapped her present (a sequinned pillow with a pic of her I took and added a unicorn too, and a unicorn book about her and her sister), a small pressie for her sister, and off I went! I rang the doorbell and walked to the footpath. Her mum came out and then peaking from behind, there She was! Baby sister and grandma were waving to me from the upstairs window! I’ll never forget the look on her little face when she saw her pillow! I only stayed a few minutes and stayed on the footpath. I just can’t believe it’s come to this...

I cried as I drove off, happy and sad tears, it made my week! what I’d give for a miracle for this sweet little girl.

Cheers, count your blessings xxx

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:21 pm

My body hurts, but I'm happy.

Been a long day. Aldi had one of it's specials today, a queen size mattress in a box for $250. Daughter put me onto it, she was going to buy one this morning, I thought great, I'll get one meself for the house in Toc.

Heading to Aldi Bundoora right on 9:30, daughter rings, the Aldi near her opened early has already sold out, if they have them at Bundoora can I get her one and she'll pay me for it. No dramas. Get to Aldi, bump into 2 crime scene cops who tell me don't bother trying the front door, someone was in a hurry to by bog roll and smashed it in, so have to go up via the carpark.

Have plenty of thew mattresses. They're a proper inner spring mattress but they're compressed into a box 30cm square and 5 foot long and weigh about 40kg each. So that was the morning workout getting through the shop and back to the ute dragging 40kg in each hand.

Got em home, unloaded mine, emptied the trailer and put it on the ute, changed shirt which was now soaked with sweat and got some brekkie cos now it was time to go help the daughter move house. I fkn hate that flat she was in, the stairs just were not designed to let you get furniture up there and certainly not fridges.

Anyway, she still has more small stuff to go but her and her GF are now moved into a house in Glen Waverly. Nice house. And after doing some work on the roof cleaning gutters before I got rained off, I'm now day drinking and about to have another shower and settle back for the duration.

fvck my shoulders are sore.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Noice, enjoy, the drink not the shoulders!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Just did the first video call with the son and grandson.

Using Facebook Messenger on the Samsung tablet, video called the son, able to have a good chat. I prepped the old girl, explained how it would work and just said don't touch the screen. All good. Not as good as having them over but far better than nothing.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:38 pm

The mattress would have pocket springs.

Good luck trying to roll up and compress an innerspring/coil mattress where the coils are all connected.

Pocket springs are independent and housed individually within their own fabric pockets.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Yeh but apparently you can do it. They reckon to leave it 48 hours after opening before using. I'll take it up bush for Easter and open it and put it on the bed the morning I'm coming home, let it settle.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:25 pm

Someone else be happy FFS.

Anyway, done precisely 90% of jack shite this week while working from home. All timing seems up in the air, I'be no interest in doing stuff just for the sake of doing stuff then updating it later, I'd rather update stuff when I have a final position rather than continual re-work.

Anyway, got a few things done apart from exercise. Got the old girl on the wait list for a Flu shot, hopefully got the new heater organised as the bloke reckons it should arrive Thursday so he can do it Thursday or Friday. Hey, if he's happy to work Good Friday, no probs with me.

Also done some work repairing a downpipe and cleaning some gutters. Taking time off over Easter, don't need to pretend to work and my conscience doesn't play up so do some stuff at home and up bush, just do stuff.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Very good Friday, tradie shows up at 10:30 as scheduled to install new gas heater Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:38 pm

Hope they are not charging Good Friday rates!

Great walk on the beach with the dogs, and I can’t believe how clear we can see the city. No pollution!

I made cruise ship worthy omelettes for everyone for brekky, now just chillin, scrolling, watching people walk past, and dance moms at the same time! A glass of red would be nice!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 pm

^

nah, fixed price to buy and install new heater, remove and take away old one. Up to him when he did it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Brilliant,

So some minister in NSW got fined for going to his holiday house, but in Vic we are allowed to, do you reckon you’d get find for going to toc?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:56 pm

So in NSW you can fish and golf but not go to a 2nd house.

Opposite in Victoria.

What's the same is power hungry cops not bothering to show discretion or understand that people are confused and starting to suffer from mental health problems.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:24 pm

think positive wrote:
Brilliant,

So some minister in NSW got fined for going to his holiday house, but in Vic we are allowed to, do you reckon you’d get find for going to toc?

Dunno, maybe if some cop does a drive by and spots the Vic registration.

I already have a pantry of staples up there, I'll grabbed some meat and bread this morning to take up, there'll be no need to go shopping up there I won't be anywhere near anyone else so I couldn't pass anything on if I had it.

I need to go up to do regular maintenance anyway. I'm going up in the morning, taking the old girl with me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 pm

You might want to try a backroad over the border. They just showed checkpoints and apparently they are using those guns tha5 check for parking tickets etc to see where you live. Not just state, what town.

Also, carry a rates notice that proves you own the property. That hint from my cop sister!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:35 am

Can’t sleep, so I’m sitting in front of one of those gas wood fire things, looking out the window, the rain is gently coming down, coffee hot and the dogs curled up next to me.

The simple things

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 856, 857, 858 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 857 of 866   

Jump to: