Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 850, 851, 852 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to buy a road bike (going halves) with my oldest. She wants to ride, her boyfriend is a triathlete and she wants to do them too. She hasn’t ridden a bike since she was about 14 and went with me and her younger sister who was 11 at the time to do the Great Vic bike ride all those years ago.

Spent my day off today researching/ looking for a bike for her. Looking at a Carbon Bike, disk brakes and 105 group-set for $2,000 ‘ish.

Worked 18 hours overtime this pay period, need to do a bit more 😉

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
so i had to google that! very cool facebook page, ill have to put an order in! cheers

Shannon who set it up is ex ADF - Scott and I do all the orders ( volunteers no cash for us of course) our spare room is full of tee shirts coffee etc Very Happy
Usually the funds go to the IAPF but this month they are being directed to Oz wild life

You should check out Akashinga https://www.iapf.org/akashinga/

ordered, and ill have a good read of the link when i get a chance, looks intresting, cheers

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Spent the arvo inside with the aircon, stared reading a book but put the tv on and got hooked on the ATP tennis match, Aus ve great britain.

Loved it, tennis how it should be played and it's always great to beat the poms.

Kyrgios was fkn brilliant, the Demon looked like the work experience kid who followed him onto court but held his end up. Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Bought this model and year bicycle for my oldest daughter (well we’re going halves): seriously good, light and fast road bike: (barely used and in great condition)

Merida Sculdura 6000, 2018 full carbon, ultegra with some pretty good features.

https://www.99bikes.com.au/merida-scultura-6000-road-bike-2018

😀😀

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:05 pm

I don't understand why people who cycle to get fit spend heaps to get a light bike with less drag that goes faster. If you want to get fit get an old Malvern Star made out of cast iron that weighs 30kg and has 3 gears and pedal that $%$er, it'll make you work.

On another note, first day back at work after 3 weeks. I'm blonde, I can't take more than 3 weeks or I need to be retrained.

After a bumpy start where I had to remember what building and floor I was in, everything came back unfortunately quickly.

Overall, good first day back, brain went from neutral and slid through the gears smoothly, as long as my boss stays out of stuff things could be OK this year. I'm looking around anyway.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I don't understand why people who cycle to get fit spend heaps to get a light bike with less drag that goes faster. If you want to get fit get an old Malvern Star made out of cast iron that weighs 30kg and has 3 gears and pedal that �$%$er, it'll make you work.

Unlike you and me she wants to do triathlons with her BF 😉

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:27 pm

always good when you can share a hobby with your kids, well done!

aww Stu, back at work! bugger!!!

last friday hubby was asleep, i was watching the idiot box, and i looked outside and saw the sky just light up in the most amazing colours! i took off across the road to the paddock, and twirled in my dressing gown, moon boot and 1 bare foot and took a shitload of pics! i have to say i really love these, thought id share: ps, no fires, the smoke looking thing is a cloud, these colours are not altered, just brought out in Lightroom, they are not photoshopped.

this bird flew over me and into the trees, i took about 8 shots on burst mode, and the sky looks like flames, first and last shots:

sunset to the left, reverse sunset to the right - i wish i had my wide angle lens on!

cheers! these made me so happy!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:19 am

Nice photos, Jo!
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:42 am

Great photos, TP!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:13 pm

thanks guys, cheers Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:15 pm

think positive wrote:
thanks guys, cheers Cool

Gr8 pics, sad but stunning

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Nice pics TP.

And WPT, I get it, ta. If you're going to do a triathlon you want a light bike. Trying to do that swim leg on a heavy one would be major. Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
thanks guys, cheers Cool

Gr8 pics, sad but stunning

cheers, thanks, its not fire though! its just the sunset!

and Stui, thats funny!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:12 am

stui magpie wrote:
Nice pics TP.

And WPT, I get it, ta. If you're going to do a triathlon you want a light bike. Trying to do that swim leg on a heavy one would be major. Razz Wink

Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 am

Youngest started back at uni on January 6 and next week starts her second clerkship at a major firm to work in the area of Mergers and Acqusitions where she's going to be working with the two people she wanted to work with: a partner and a mentor. Her previous clerkship went really well for her last year doing employment law which she loved.

Oldset is in NSW for 2 weeks as acting national manager & training manager as well as trying to sort out some stuff in NSW. Hasn't seen the bike yet.

Mrs WPT has been working 0.5 post the holidays hopefully can go to 0.4 this year. The garden I must say is looking a treat and some of the plantings are designed to attract native bees & insects. The overdevelopment of our suburbs (dual occupancy, apartments etc) is having a devastating impact on insect life & bees are at the forefront

Accordingly, we're thinking of getting a bee hive and some chooks (good to get bees if you can as there is a real shortage). Mrs WPT has a nephew in the outer eastern suburbs who has about 7 hives so we might get one.

I'm planning leave for this year & trying to dip into my LSL to strech out the annual leave. Been a bit slack this last week or so only one bike ride and can't go tomorrow but there's been the odd swim but nowhere near enough. Next week time to get on my bike again.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 850, 851, 852 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 851 of 866   

Jump to: