Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 702, 703, 704 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Probably also time for one of those dementia tests you were offering around earlier today, too, Stui. Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Nah, all good, no dementia yet Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Be careful of that - thinking everything is OK could just be the first symptom. Laughing
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Another gout attack. Mad Mad
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:23 pm

That’s a bugger. The worst thing about it is that most people think it’s a lifestyle disease, rather than the luck of the draw.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That’s a bugger. The worst thing about it is that most people think it’s a lifestyle disease, rather than the luck of the draw.

Sounds like you may suffer from it. It's generally only gout sufferers that understand the pain and unpredictability of it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:51 pm

^ I got what they called “gouty arthritis” once in my big toe. I think I may have had the same thing perhaps 20 years earlier without getting a diagnosis. What I got both times was extraordinarily mild - but reading up about it after the diagnosis made me appreciate how dreadfully some people are afflicted by it and how constantly. What I had was quite trivial but I know enough now to know that it is beyond excruciating for many people.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Physio last night, dentist today.

Next Friday is a ripper.

GP at 8:45
Physio at 10:40
Dentist 2:00 pm

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Requested a new credit card in Oct. I am still waiting. Have to travel to Australia soon and will be 400 km from the nearest branch. Defence Bank is about to get a another rocket.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:18 am

Barely a day goes by at work where I'm not working overtime. This last week has seen me been working mostly pm shifts, meant to be finishing at 10 pm. Instead I've been finishing at 11.30, 11.45, 12 midnight and 1 am. Today was an overtime shift meant to be for 8 hours instead was 10 finshing at midnight.

I get out of the rhythm of excerise & do it in bursts Rolling Eyes

While the remuneration will be good I really don't want it.

Sooooo busy in the ED and working with the police.

Had an issue with some coppers tonight who don't understand my role and confuse anti social behaviour and causing a disturbance with a mental illness. I got called to do an assessment of a bloke running on the street causing traffic to stop, swearing, angry, agitated, frustrated, abusive, puching and kicking out at cars or anybody nearby.

I've assessed this bloke before: has issues but not what an Emergency Department can fix. So I ax and say doesn't need an ED, they say he's mad & does, I say that's my job & he's not.
The officer calls his sargent and they say take to ED (WTF)
My role is to do the Aseesment on site & if they need ED OK I'll do it, but this guy needs to be arrested or moved on. They tell me not to intefere with their work FFS
I tell them they called me, it is my job I'm the friggin expert as it were not friggin them.
The Ambulance were called before I got there so they took him to the ED.
We go to the ED, I tell the ED Dr in charge, the paramedics injected the bloke with a short acting sedative because he was agitated and threatening in the back of the ambulance vehicle - he was restrained and police travel with him as they do.
He gets wheeled into an ED cubicle trumping people waiting in a queue on trolleys
I'd already spoken to the ED staff preparing them including security. Told the ambos not to offload him, got the senior ED consultant to look at the bloke & they make a decison that he is sufficently medically stable to be discharged so he gets transferred on the ambulance trolley to outside the ED with police and ED security and released all the while being verbally threatening - apparently I'm from the canine species .

I ring the senior police who are much more senior than the coppers or the sargent who gave the advice to the coppers o the ground to report the incident for future learning: The police: this specific squad need some education about what we at PACER do: we are senior clincians who do this role: it's my arse not theirs if say a person goes onto suicide or some such thing.

They just wanted the phucker off the street so they invariably dump them in an ED. The take people like him to an ED to be assessed: My role is to assess in situ to free up resources and make the right decision for people: my job is to assess, screen and determine dispostion such as what is medical, what is acute mental health, what is dug and alcohol, what is malingering, waht can be seen by mental health the next day, what can be referred back to a GP, a psychaitrist and indeed to an ED.

If a person is simply threatening, aggressive and verablly abusive etc then that is not mental health per se.

Some people have maladaptive ways of communicating their distress.THis bloke is homeless, uses ICE & oither drugs, has a history of violence and has been assessed on a few occasions including my me and a senior psychiatric registrar. I'm aware of the history and the behaviour. The police are not a lot of the time and weren't last night FFS

This bloke wanted a bed, (fair enough) wants medications like valium / xananx etc. He does not know how to ask for it. He has issues but not what an ED can sort, he's been offered some but declines them when they are offered instead wanting things on his terms. Th is a sense of entitlement in his beligerent manner but also propbaly has some ABI (frontal lobe) impusle issues which again is not an ED and there is a dearth of services for him. He has a hx of being a perpetrator of DV as well. Not very nice.

Police need to do their job and I need to do mine. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So a bad decison by the police cost the state thousands: Police time, ambulance time, ED staff time.

I'm off to bed and I've got 2 days off thanks be the lord

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:11 am

ive said it before, i dont know how you do it.

Question: What do you think the police should do with him?
lock him up? does he NEED rehab? is locking him up the only way to enforce that in some shape or form?

seems like a very no win situation, for all concerned. Im starting to think we need a special hospital just for drug users. hearing that genuinely sick (ie in physical pain) are having to wait while those with drug induced mental problems, or mental problem induced drug problems, push in, is out of whack. But you cant have potentially violent people in the waiting room so....?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:56 am

watt price tully wrote:

I'm off to bed and I've got 2 days off thanks be the lord

Sounds like my days looking after an 18mth old toddler but without the 2 days off Laughing

I really feel for you, my ex was an alcoholic and there is almost nothing to deal with these people when they go off the rails. All the services work on the discredited model that people have to actively seek help for it to work (forced detox and rehab works at about the same rate as voluntary).

Police will take an aggressive, abusive person then send them home to their families to wreak havok and judges will only very rarely enforce rehab. When addicts have their moment of clarity they find long wait times and a system that thinks they should be able to maintain this moment for months relatively unassisted.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:41 pm

I don't get why Police want to dump these human flotsam into an ED. Don't Police stations have cells anymore?

Stick them in the watch house for 4 hours, organise some services if practical, then put em back on the street.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:19 pm

So my long awaited trip to Vegas to see Robbie is obviously in jeopardy. The best part of it is travel insurance doesn't cover pandemics. So no cover for cancelling because of this. If I decide to go anyway, I'm not covered for any expenses related to it because I'm aware of it when I leave.
f*&k it Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Pissed off doesn't even cover it.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:25 pm

luvdids wrote:
So my long awaited trip to Vegas to see Robbie is obviously in jeopardy. The best part of it is travel insurance doesn't cover pandemics. So no cover for cancelling because of this. If I decide to go anyway, I'm not covered for any expenses related to it because I'm aware of it when I leave.
f*&k it Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Pissed off doesn't even cover it.

You'd be nuts to go leave the country right now. If you need any medical attention in the US and aren't covered because its a pandemic, you'll be out of pocket ten to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 702, 703, 704 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 703 of 719   

Jump to: