Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

best game since 1990 grand final???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 1999 10:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

there's been a few good games. here's a couple of my favourites.

- last year, against richmond in about round 7. the rocca boys kicked about 11 between them. pugsley made his debut and kicked 2. the score at the end of the first quarter was pies 48 tigers 3. beautiful stuff. watson kicked the goal of the century in the 2nd quarter after a brilliant punch by mal.

- anzac day 1995. the drawn game. enough said.

- a game against north in 1996; we beat them by 66 points after having lost 8 or 9 in a row.

- vs. melbourne, round 2 1997. sav kicked 11. we won by about 21 goals. that was truly wonderful.

- vs. fremantle at vic park. i think it was 1997. buckley got about 48 possies. the roccas scored about 14 goals between them. we won by about 20 goals.

- vs. north, last round of 1998. i think. unexpected victory. willo kicked the winning goal in time-on.

- vs. carlton, last year in round 2 (i think). simply because we won. things were looking good. everyone down at richmond station was singing the song. i was going bonkners.

- vs. adelaide 1998, about round 14. wasley made his debut, knocked out rowdy.

- vs. adelaide, in 1996 i think. we blew them apart in the first quarter and never looked back. orchard starred. we traded him three weeks later.

- last year against geelong. we won in the rain. wasn't a particularly memorable game. it was just great to win like that in those circumstances. frankie raso kicked the winning goal. when the siren went i was dancing around like a lunatic and this old guy was crying.

- 1999 vs. hawthorn. just a great day. felt like the pies supporters had taken over waverley.

- port's first game in the AFL. 'the baptism of fire'. lee walker was tearing them apart before going down with a knee injury. we kicked 10 straight without missing.

- there's heaps of other games around '91, '92. i can't remember them i was only about 11. of course there was the first round game against carlton when micky mcguane kicked THAT goal.

that's about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: