Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mr Squiggle topic for Tess

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tess, you DO realise that the post was made at 10:27 last night? I doubt anyone has been on since.

Big decisions aren't made at the click of a finger.Wink
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:36 am

I guess we'll just leave it up here until Tess decides to delete it. If you'd reported the thread, as we request you and everyone else do, it gets dealt with fairly quickly...you'll notice it no longer exists in VPT. another poster did the right thing a lo and behold, it gets sorted. I'm working on the assumption you prefer to publicly 'report' threads Tess, for whatever reason. Prove me wrong by deleting your first post. If you can't, edit it to nothing. I'll then delete this thread. Report my post to let me know.

Once again, I'll state that:

If you report the thread, we get emails about it, and can then go and investigate. Posting a complaint either her or in the original thread does not mean we know of your complaint.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:48 am
Post subject: Re: Mr Squiggle topic for TessReply with quote

Steve wrote:

like you?? lol, time you dropped this complex you have about OUR moderators Tess, whether you think them fair or not, they are, and they are a whole lot fairer then you'll find on any other BB,

No they're not!

The mods on any other BB treat ALL their members equally, and don't favour some over others.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:04 am

so, Dale, you're saying that the mods on other bulletin boards aren't human?
It is inevitable that, no matter how objective a person tries to be, they will not be able to be perfect all the time. I believe that the mods here do the best job possible (and don't forget that it's not a paid job).

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:09 am

Dale61 wrote:

The mods on any other BB treat ALL their members equally, and don't favour some over others.

Get off it Dale.

The problem with all the people that whinge about mods is that they all have a persecution complex. Get over it. Didn't you say you wouldn't post here again?

You all think it is so easy being a mod, pity you are all completely and utterly wrong.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:47 pm

You cheated anyway - you didnt use any of the nominated words Sad

jlc

pica 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:16 pm

Last edited by pica on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale62 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:26 pm

Dale61 wrote:
No they're not!

Too true. The way they've picked on you in this thread is disgraceful, to say nothing of what they've done to Tess.

Banquo's Ghost Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:04 pm

bend the elbow
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:23 pm

As they say, Tess, a thankless job.

And do tell what is wrong with the current team?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:35 pm

Problem is, Mods will never be right in the eyes of the members, much like the umpires, it's funny that isn't it? Let's face it mods cannot be perfect 100% of the time they try their best to be.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Reporting the post simply alerts us to it quicker. Whetether it's deleted, edited, and cards isssued is down to the discretion of the mods. sometimes a card isn't deemed to be warranted, sometimes it may be issued on the spot. sometimes, a mod may seek the opinion of other mods before deciding upon a course of action. Reporting a post doesn't automatically mean the author is carded and post deleted.

You've chosen not to report the post Tess, you've chosen to repost it in this thread. Like I said in my original post in this thread, reporting it alerts us and we'll take the action we deem appropriate. You may or may not agree with the course of action we choose, but that's your prerogative.

Again, these actions don't happen immediately. I was away this weekend, and I know of one other mod in the same boat. We do alert each other to absences so the rest of us can make an extra effort to fill the void so to speak, but we ain't on here 24/7.

There's times other mods, or the rest of the group take a particular course of action I'm not entirely in agreement with, as I'm sure there's times my actions aren't agreed with by other mods, but, I respect the right they have to do it. Sometimes threads/posts get reinstated, we ain't infallible. We just call it as we see it at the time.

If you can't deal with that, well, I don't know what to do. I made the point the only, repeat, only ways you can get consistent moderating is to
1. Allow everything
or
2. Delete everything.

We exist somewhere in between. If you think we play favourites, again, there's really nothing else I can say to convince you otherwise. We don't, but if in your opinion we do, well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Now, I notice you haven't edited your original post in this thread, so I'm concluding you're quite happy to leave it up. Fine by me, but the mods do expect members to follow the guidelines and report posts, then give us time to deal with it. By all means, use the feedback forum to communicate with the mods, but I can't help thinking that if you'd reported the post as per protocol, it'd disappeared. Whether you agree with our decisions is again up to you, so in answer to your question as to why no cards were issued, you'd just have to assume we didn't deem it appropriate in this case, or the matter is still under discussion.

As far as the incident you refer to above, the edit was minor, the changers were noted in the mod forum and not one mod disagreed with my course of action.
Banquo's Ghost Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:22 pm

Look out, your beer is missing.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:33 pm

Like seriously get over yourself. Do you really think that people on here are so naive to not realise that every topic or post is designed to create an argument.

I appreciate the jobs that the mods do and yes it is a thankless task.

If i didnt know better i would say that you love the attention.

jlc

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:13 am

Steve wrote:
Tess wrote:
step aside and let others join this exclusive little Mods Squad!

like you?? lol, time you dropped this complex you have about OUR moderators Tess, whether you think them fair or not, they are, and they are a whole lot fairer then you'll find on any other BB, you want them to look after you but you throw shit at them every chance you get. they are not here 24/7 and they are not here to jump every time YOU click your fingers, if you dislike them so much I suggest you find somewhere where you are happy.

I'd agree with that, much better than another Pies fansite where <SNIP>

edit by bbmods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: