Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We dont need Cummings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 7:36 am
Post subject: We dont need CummingsReply with quote

I dont know why Malthouse is even thinking about picking up Scott Cummings. I look at our forward half as our strong point.

Example

HF: N.Davis Fraser Tarrant
F: Holland Rocca Molloy

We have alot of good goal kickers that can turn it on and win a game off their own boot.

Nick Davis - God I hope he stays at Collingwood forever. He's a big booming kick and never misses. Great mark and creates so many chances for goal. Star in the making.

Josh Fraser - He is more a Centre Half Forward then a Ruckman. Face it to be a CHF you have to read the play well, and he does. He has great skills but needs to work on his pack marking. Which will come with time and games. This kid can be the best CHF in the game. Watch out! (I just pray McKee & Richards can hold the Ruck)

Chris Tarrant - Leave this kid on a flank and tell him to roam where he wants and he will cause havoc. He might not kick 100 goals on a flank but he'll create plenty more to compensate for that. Also I think Chris enjoys it when his running around and not held down to Full Forward. He is special and hard to match up. So let him show his skills up the ground.

Brodie Holland - Probably the least rated out of the six but is important. Good over head mark for a little bloke and good kick for goal. The Perfect Forward Pocket. Can also pinch hit at Full Forward because he can mark overhead. Great pick up by Collingwood and can only get better.

Anthony Rocca - Its time for Anthony to be recognised as our hard hitting big marking goal kicking Full Forward. And set his sights on being the MAN YOU HAVE TO STOP in our Forward Line. 2002 should be the season! So placing a Scott Cumming on the Collingwood list is a slap in the face to Anthony Rocca. HE IS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarrod Molloy - Play the way he played this year (Just kick straighter) and I'll be happy. Knows his job and does it. All he has to do is play hard and create. He knows the game inside and out and plays to his strengths. Which is being hard and marking hard. Crucial player!

And waiting in the wings are Leon Davis and Ben Kinnear to rotate.

Can you really see a spot for Cummings?
- I dont thinks so

What do you think?

[This message has been edited by BUCKS (edited 09 November 2001).]

helen a 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe hes not wanted up forward.
Maybe mick want to use him up back........?

helen

BUCKS 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 8:06 am

How can that fat lard of shit play in the Back Line?

He'll be out of breath in 2 Seconds!

P.S Can't teach an old dog new tricks and you can't teach Cummings nothing at all!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 10:33 am

I think we would do better to look at other options down back - ie. kinnear, cloak, McKee, even Rocca before Cummings.

And your'e right - there is no room for Cummings in our forward line. I still think your best forward line is

HF: N.Davis Rocca Holland
FF: L.Davis Tarrant Molloy

Replace Holland with Didak, Adkins, Buckley, any number of players - even Fraser if you want though I think he's a great option at first ruck - why take tarrant out of full forward?

WHY WHY WHY!! Is Rocca a bad CHF? - no, and he's still maturing. Big guys mature later - it's a fact. In fact, Rocca is a pretty good CHF, and will get better. Why can't he stamp his autority in our forward line from CHF? I reckon that's his position and with him bustling it around at CHF, Molloy in the pocket teams will have huge match-up problems on Tarrant. At Full Forward.

Nick Davis obviously a great player and a match up dilema in himself - if he can consistently kick from outside 50 that would make him the erfect HFFer. I can't describe how far I reckon this kid is going to go.

I really hope Adkins can come back from his injury to regain his of classy skills on the HFF cause he really looked to have a goods - crippling injury aside he would've rally improved this year I reckon. And we can afford to nature him on the HFF with Nicky being a great player and Rocca / Molloy protecting him a bit. He could score a lot of goals just from getting the "worst" defender in the backline.

Leon and Holland would then be free to alternate in the other FP to Molloy. That would be great til Leon gets more consistency and stamina. Then Holland will have to push upfield or dare I say it interchange / Willi.

That's where I see our forward line.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: