Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Angelo Lekkas vs Dawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:43 pm
Post subject: Angelo Lekkas vs DawksReply with quote

Did you see in the news this week that Angelo Lekkas is going to sue Hawthorn FC for $1 million. Basically the complaint is when he had his stroke & the doctors told him to take some panadol & lie down. He said, no I think its more serious than that & the doctors said, nah you'll be right....

So he went to his own doctor & found out the true entent of his problems & thus has since retired. The thing that amazed me most about this story is Lekkas' manager said that Hawthorn have stated that if they press with legal action then he is no longer welcome at the club in any form. Which upset his manager.

Personally I think that is a fair call from Hawthorn, as $1 million is a lot especially to a less finicial club like them. So what I was wondering, say Bucks has a similar problem & sues us for a million. Would we treat him the same way. Or because he is a legend it would be different, than say someone like Josh Fraser or who ever???

Thoughts... Ban him or Not?
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

his also training with South Melbourne FC his a BIG fan of Hellas often have seen him at games
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Angelo Lekkas vs DawksReply with quote

Jace wrote:
Did you see in the news this week that Angelo Lekkas is going to sue Hawthorn FC for $1 million. Basically the complaint is when he had his stroke & the doctors told him to take some panadol & lie down. He said, no I think its more serious than that & the doctors said, nah you'll be right....

So he went to his own doctor & found out the true entent of his problems & thus has since retired. The thing that amazed me most about this story is Lekkas' manager said that Hawthorn have stated that if they press with legal action then he is no longer welcome at the club in any form. Which upset his manager.

Personally I think that is a fair call from Hawthorn, as $1 million is a lot especially to a less finicial club like them. So what I was wondering, say Bucks has a similar problem & sues us for a million. Would we treat him the same way. Or because he is a legend it would be different, than say someone like Josh Fraser or who ever???

This is all about the Dawk’s insurance company refusing to pay. Like all insurance companies. They are testing the waters. Their lawyers will argue that the stroke was at the minor end of the scale and that he played again. Lekkas is claiming the standard clause of the AFLPA that if you suffer a serious injury which forces you out of football (your employment) you are entitled to half of your next year’s contracted salary. The 1 million is an ambent claim. Understand that you always ask for more than you want. It is not the football club it’s their insurers.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:15 pm

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,17867590%255E20322,00.html
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:35 am

I maybe slightly offskew but I swore I heard that the lawyers were originally looking at about ($100,000)(not sure if this is exact), the club offered a poultry $10,000. It may now bite the Dorks on the bum.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:27 am
Post subject: Re: Angelo Lekkas vs DawksReply with quote

Like Culprit said...its an insurance game. Often see cases like this where you think "how can such and such be suing this person...shouldnt they be on the same side?" its purely a legal manoever to join the Insurance companies to the action and trace the liability of the Hawks back to their insurance company.

Jace wrote:

The difference being, that insurance manoevers aside, Bucks would never do this to us, and we would never do it to him. CFC has shown of late that they will do the right things by the past servants, and i think thats largely Eds wish for the club. Like those two knee reco's we paid for a few years back.

Its good to see given that we have plenty of money, and really makes me wonder why more players dont wanna play for us.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:10 am

I think if Bucks even had a cold they wouldnt take it lightly let alone something like a stroke! If Bucks said I think its more serious than what you think it is to the doctors the doctors would actually listen to their skipper...So i dont think Collingwood would be in the situation that Hawthorn found themselves in...
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:14 am

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2006/01/19/1137553710979.html

It's started to come to an end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: