Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood VS Carlton, Lexus Centre Sunday December 18

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale_mighty_pies Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dales in
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:04 am

MagpieMad wrote:
you guys who think this is bigfooty can Nick (get it!?) off to.... well, Bigfooty, this place is bought, paid for and run with nothing more than Collingwood passion, we owe other club supporters nothing and they should expect nothing from us, there is a place for everything, here is for Collingwood!.

Agree all the way Steve. It is unique. Smile Simple as that. But I think that while the forum match is still being worked out, then of course Waiteschicksbro shoul be allowed to hang around. Smile

The Rules

Quote:
Supporters of other AFL clubs may be warned just for showing up. Supporters of Essendon and Richmond may receive two warnings and Carlton supporters will be banned on the spot as a time saving measure. Supporters of South Australian teams will be treated with great disdain as well as being warned - and may not retaliate. What are you doing here anyway?
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:58 am

I don't think numbers are a problem because we'd always know some ppl who would play I think a date needs to be set.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:38 am

stonedpies wrote:
Yellow carding someone cos they barrack for another club is laughable,

No, it's traditional.

stonedpies wrote:
i mean if they act ok whats the prob

If you don't follow the pies, you are not acting OK!

stonedpies wrote:
some are little too precious in here me thinks

Nah, just we don't want to spend hours booting trolls like I've done here after the 02/03 GF's, for example. Pain in the arse.

stonedpies wrote:
anyway goodluck setting the game up

exactly!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:18 pm

Great post LD, to you soft two eyed Collingwood supporters who would argue that it's ok to have these people on the BB must realise this is a war that has been fought and won

Quote:
In January 99 we introduced registration and forums to the bulletin board to help control ratbag elements from other clubs, protect usernames and allow moderation. Although this change came about as a result of user requests, we lost a lot of users at this time. The main complaint was that the new board was too formal and the board had lost its feel. People didn't like having to remember passwords either.

it has already cost this community a great deal, it continues to cost this community, every KB of data transfered costs us, every lame post cost us in storage, everytime a mod is forced to act it costs us in volunteered man hours, only members can access our Gallery, are you happy our pictures can be seen by filth? only members can access our web chat, are you happy that you're chat room can be used by filth? if this was the Collingwood Club rooms would you be happy with filth allowed in wearing their filth colours? this is all suplied and provided for from the expression of Collingwood passion, everytime they leech off our passion they cheapen it.

waiteschicksbro 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:30 pm

Good to see you guys are getting the numbers together on this one.

Of cause u can link up with another Collingwood Fourm. Ive seen that yous try to organise a game with LSD every year, maybe you could change that this year and join up as one force.

It you would like more info try posting on talking carlton (http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/index.php)

Thanx magpie dan, i will add you if i do get banned.

Hope we can get the game happening
The Shag 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:16 pm

Hey there collingwood fans,
I am also from TalkingCarlton but i am here purely to help organise the forum match and promise not to post in any other threads in this forum.

These games (although ive only played one) are a lot of fun, and it is a great day out, aswell as an excuse to meet some of the people you spend so much time chatting to on here.

**Some of the basics**
- It would help you out a lot if someone volunteered, or you elected a coach. Things such as interchange, team line-up and pep-talks are made easier by having one person as coach. The coach is also allowed to play.

- Anyone can bring along mates who also wish to play, the only rule is that they barrack for the team they play for. (this rule is based entirely on trust and we hope you stick by it)

- Normal AFL rules apply, but the quarters are only 25 mins long.

- If a possible alliance with any other Collingwood forums helps you, then go for it. The Carlton team is made up of people from 3 different forums.

TalkingCarlton
The Blue View
Carlton Supporters Club

- If you have someone willing to umpire, thats good too, because our umpire had to work by himself on the weekend, so it might be better with 2 in hotter weather.

- As previously said, matches are usually held at Glenferrie Oval at 2pm.

- Make sure you are wearing a collingwood top (or a top clearly resembling collingwood). Wear any shorts and shoes you feel comfortable in (obviously if you have footy gear, wear it)

- Its also been a tradition to enjoy some drinks at The Glenferrie after the match to catch up with your team mates and opponents.

- Game ball is the one which is decided best by both coaches on the day (so if you have a ball, bring it)

i think thats about all....

(sorry WCB, just tryin to help ya out)
The Shag 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:21 pm

At the moment, the first weekend of December is our preferred option. But discuss it amongst yourselves and come back to us with a date...
Then we'll work from there...
Also i think Sundays are the preferred days
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:23 pm

Sundays is definately preferred as alot of people play cricket on the Saturdays

I am happy to help out with the umpiring, and with it getting hot, maybe we can work on getting 3 or 4 umpires from excess numbers? Wink
pistol Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:39 pm

Theses games are great, I was at the hawk headquarters vs Carlton game as my flatmates played, very one sided but it seemed like heaps of fun.

I am in, I should really post more.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:10 pm

December 4?
The Shag 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:41 pm

yeah, ill take it back to the carlton forums and see what they think...it will most likely be that day if any...
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:54 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
if this was the Collingwood Club rooms would you be happy with filth allowed in wearing their filth colours?

i had that at the Social Club dining room at the Collingwood vs Filth game on August 13 this year....on our table........FILTH PEOPLE WITH THEIR SCARVES ......ruined the night for me

The Shag 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:56 pm

just found out that there is a SaintSational vs HawkHeadquarters game on the 4th, so we will have to go a different date
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:56 pm

11th?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 3 of 52   

Jump to: