Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bad news for Spidergirl

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news for u Magpie Greg....I was told of his retirement last week by the man himself!

magpie24 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:26 pm

Thought this article of Hotrod's board written by Moppa would be a good read for you Spidez.

I thought it was good,make's you wonder exactly what player's go thru to get on the field,but i'm still glad the pie's let him go.

I know Ricky didnt prove much in his time at Collingwood , But i point this out in his defence, Fraser Brown delisted last year was a proven mid fielder that was ignored by 16 clubs, yet Ricky who had played 5 games in 2 seasons was given a go at another club, The reason is because he is a quality person with a personality that wins most over, despite what you may think about Ricky, ask most players around the club about the type of person he is and 99% will tell you he is a top bloke, during his career he was plagued by injuries which is not a fault of his own but was something he inherited, these set backs would of been enough for most to give up and quit but he never once gave in, after each game since 94 he would leave the ground straight away to a nearby pool and walk in the water for at least 1 hour just so he could get out of bed the next morning, The next morning would set out to a beach where he would go and sit in freezing waters for 2 stints of 30 minutes to numb the pain in his body (i cant imagine it was pleasent in June or July where most wouldnt set outside without a warm jacket), I know most players go through this at times these days but most would of given up long ago not 7 years later. Just last week the club doctor advised against Ricky to play again this year( in the Murray team ) but against his wishes Ricky went and had his 5th epidural since 99 which is a risk in itself just so that he can maybe play another game of footy, in final i would like to say that he is quite possibly an easy target to give some criticism to but dont hold it against Ricky for going to Collingwood he put himself up for trade and Collingwood took him,

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:58 pm

aw thanks heaps for that Magpie24

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:53 am

Hmmm, yeah. Interesting post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: