Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Results of the first raffle.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Natalie and mgh3536 both had a wonderful night at the Hall of Fame Dinner.......and now (hangover and all) it's time for them both to come forward and give us a minute by minute report of the night.

Particularly since I drew your names out, you owe it to me!

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:05 pm
Post subject: a great night and morning....Reply with quote

Natalie wrote

It was an honour and a privilege to be at the hall of fame Saturday night. It was a wonderful evening congratulations to the 18 inductees and the club for a fantastic night.

It was a night of celebration and I must say it was also quite emotional. We got shivers watching the first 9 inductees of the club (Dick Lee, Phone Kyne, Albert & Harry Collier, Jack Regan, Syd Coventry, Gordon Coventry, Jock McHale Snr, Bob Rose). The announcement for the second 9 inductees was amazing. I must say I nearly started the waterworks when Bux was announced but held it back.

I loved Murray Weideman’s speech and I could have listened to him talk all night. I also told him this when I met him. Lou was Lou yes and he was funny. Len Thompson’s speech was great and I was quite moved by it. I now look upon Tony Shaw in new light and will never question his love for the club. I was also fortunate enough to get 8 of the nine inductees to sign my program and can’t wait to get it framed.

It was great to meet Martyn and we enjoyed the night immensely. The Crownies were definitely flowing freely and I too have my souvenir hall of fame glass proudly on the mantle.

Martyn wrote:

The night was fantastic, thanks so much proud pies for pulling my name out of the hat.

It was great to meet Natalie a madder than most Bucks fan and had to be seen when she led most of the hall to their feet when the great man was elevated "literally" into the Hall of Fame.

Bucks spoke really well, Lou was Lou. Whenever I hear Tony Shaw bagging the Pies, I now know its for radio. he loves Collingwood. You also know Daics is still so emotionally passionate about Collingwood.

I got to meet Len Thompson, Wayne Richardson, Peter McKenna, Des Tuddenham these Gods that have loved watching all those years ago.

The highlight of the night for me was shaking Daics hand and talking about of all things recruitment..... don't ask, bloody 500 goals he could talk me through and I talk about recruitment.

There was a lot of magpie love in the hall last night, Bucks talked about winning a GF with this group of players, Murray Weidman also mentioned it, Ed was in fine form. I now know why I am so one eyed Collingwood and why Pies fans are the most passionate, I just love em.

Copius amount of Crownies and for me a 5.00am finish and my souvenior crown lager/hall of fame glass still intact, unlike many many brain cells
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: