Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

a few questions..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teegee 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the way it works - teams can have 38 players on their list plus a mixture of veterans and rookies. The mixture of veterans and rookies is to total up to, but not necessarily 6 players (teams can have less if they so desire).

As Buckley is our only veteran, our list can be made up of 38 plus one veteran (39 players available for senior football) plus 5 rookies, who can only play for Williamstown.

Clubs have to have at least 3 draft picks in the National Draft (in our case only one more as we have already stated that we will take the Shaw cousins with our original round 2 and round 3 pick).

At the moment with the delisting of Betheras and retirements of Richardson, Freeborn, Molloy and Scotland's departure into oblivion, our list now stands at 34.

If their are no further delistings, I think we can add another 3 players at draft picks nos. 17,32 and 64.

The pre-season draft is non-compulsory, but I think it would be wise if we participate, as most of the clubs, which finished below us have salary cap problems (or if they don't couldn't afford it if real talent is on offer).

Last edited by teegee on Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:59 pm

I think the AFL changed the rule that there must be 38 players, but I cannot be sure. That was in rue of clubs like St Kilda only having 34 players and no more room in their cap to take on anymore.

Preseason draft is not compulsory. The national is complusory.

Molloy, Betheras, Richardson, Scotland, Freeborn (not sure) will not be at the club next year. They may choose to delist another one or two.
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:07 pm

I watched a tape of the 2002 Grand Final, give Rupe another go, he tries his guts out
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:08 pm

2002 Grand Final today, i know this may seem pathetic but i felt genuine optimism for the future after that game, Rupe was one of our best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: