Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Rules

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carders Leo

No Didak, No Collingwood!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:55 pm
Post subject: Trade RulesReply with quote

Hey everyone so people dont get confused, there are a few trade rules set down by the AFL. Hope this clears up any confusion, and also "so-called" trades that could not eventuate due to these rules. Exclamation

- No more than 5 players can be exchanged by any one club before the national draft.
-Trades between two clubs must include a players. The Clubs cannot make straight swaps for draft picks.
-A Club is not entitled to trade a player received in any exchange until the following year.
-Any draft choice picked up in a trade must be used on national draft day. Clubs are not allowed to pass on these picks.

Source: Herald Sun 13/10/2003

Hope this clears some things up. Coz i have read some people on here and on other sites talking about trading for a player, then swapping that player to another club, which under the trade week rules is not allowed.

Also the so called "Chris Heffernan" rule does not come into effect until next years trade period. I know this might have been covered but i thought i would re-iterate it. Thx

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd question these rules that the HS has displayed. For starters there have been many draft picks on-traded after being picked up. This is what we are trying to do with Stevens. We are trying to trade with someone for another 1st round draft pick and then forward it on to Port.

Also, Port have asked for 2 first round draft picks in the trade for stevens. No players accompanied with that.

Can someone clear this up for me.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:04 am

It's a three way deal that we would have to do. It's correct that your not allowed to recieve them then pass them on.

The way clubs do this is a three way deal, where for example: The Bulldogs give pick 4 to port and we give Rupe to port, then Port give Stevens to us and we give McKee and Scotland to Bulldogs.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:14 pm

Gotcha. Thanks

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:05 pm

Where it says "Pass on," this refers to the fact that the selection must be used on National Draft Day. Therefore the club who holds this selection must select a player with it. Some clubs pass with lower picks choosing to either play with a shortened list or select players in the Pre-season draft.
Clubs can on-trade draft selections the have gained via trading.
arb 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:51 pm

Blanch wrote:
Also, Port have asked for 2 first round draft picks in the trade for stevens. No players accompanied with that.

There must be at least one player involved in the trade. For example, a club can't trade their second and third round draft pick for a first round pick. In the eample you gave, Stevens is the player involved in the trade, so that would be okay.

Also, it is my understanding that clubs can still trade draft picks they get from other clubs, it is just that when the draft rolls around, the clubs must pick a player with that pick, where they can choose not to pick a player with their allotted picks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: