Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies out of Stevens chase

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Collingwood can do better than pick 24 for Scotland......StKilda are trading Black and will get Croad. Scotland s**** all over Black as a player.

Scotland must be attracting interest from a few clubs and Collingwood needs to get more than pick 24 for Scotland.

jlc

Warbler 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:33 am

I'd love to have Stevens - but - we DON"T NEED him .
We should learn from how Sydney handled the Nancy Davis trade
- it's hard to imagine Port settling for nothing - we didn't !
As I say we don't need him , so we can play hard ball .

He was a Collingwood supporter as a kid , so surely he wouldn't wish to end his career as a Blue cellar dweller , whatever they pay him
- or should that be ' offer ' him , cos seems the filth offer heaps ( ie. Kouta ) for someone to sign up , then hassel them to take pay cuts .
Tank36 Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:35 am

As good as player as Heath is or is going to be clubs are not going to give up early draft picks for him. Carlton's Matthew Allan has just been traded to Essendon for a 3rd round pick. He is a ruckman and all-Australian. We would be lucky if we got a late second round pick for Scoots.

Draft picks are like gold for footy clubs they don't just give them up lightly.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:40 am

Matthew Allan has played 1 good game in 2 or 3 years and that was against Richmond. Allan has been riddled with injuries and his best form was many years ago.

On the other hand Scotland is a young midfielder, injury free who was good enough to play in a Collingwood team that made the grand final. Scotland had a strong finish to the season and has plenty of football left in him.

I would rather keep Scotland then let him go for a second or third round draft pick.

jlc

Buckethead 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:43 am

Port are wankers, What did St Kilda trade Everitt for? I think it was like pick 17 and 33. Everitt is of equal value to Stevens and hence i rekon we hold them to ransom and trade 17 and 24 for him. Stevens is alot like a young Buckley I think he'd be worth that.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:57 am

Offer them Shane Wakelin (if Wakelin agrees because he still has a year to run on his contract) to join his brother in SA. He's not as important as Presti.
President Ted Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:00 am

JLC WROTE
I would rather keep Scotland then let him go for a second or third round draft pick.

The Kangaroos have offered pick 24 ( second round ). That's the best we will get for Scotland.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:21 am

Scoots will not be at Collingwood next year, he wants to play in the midfield and he knows he wil not get a fulltime crack at it. He will be involved in the trade deal that sees us get Stevens if it turns out that we get him.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:15 pm

All this means is that we will not be trading either Didak or Presti for Stevens. It does not mean we are 'out of the race' for him.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:23 pm

DaicosMagic wrote:
Offer them Shane Wakelin (if Wakelin agrees because he still has a year to run on his contract) to join his brother in SA. He's not as important as Presti.

Pardon? Shocked

You must be kidding.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:24 pm

Dark Lord wrote:
DaicosMagic wrote:

Pardon? Shocked

You must be kidding.

Exactly! Our backline would be a little stuffed if that were to happen. That reminds me though, we will need someone to fill Wakes shoes within the next few years.
TMan4 Capricorn

Tas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:26 pm

We won't budge and don't worry, Didak and Presti are safe. Check out the foloowing link:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,7563442%255E20322,00.html
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:09 pm

there are a few young guys comming through for the backline - cloke 2 probably highest on the list, and however long wakes has left it gives us that long for cloke 1 to learn how to hold down a key positiobn (and a key position player) - which he'll do in time.

we really don't need another tall backman, but a reliable short would be nice for when clement retires, to support jonno and the kids. Maybe Tarks role in the future. not sure

-
Ben
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:44 pm

If you seriously don't think that Wakelin for Stevens should be considered (it won't be, but hypothetically) then you are so out of touch with reality. Wakelin was a handy player when we first got him, but never set the world on fire, the next season he was serviceable, and this year he has really stepped up. But he has maybe 2-3 years max left in him, as opposed to a classy ball magnet who knows how to kick goals, with at leats 8 years left in him. The backline will have to learn to adapt without him.

But it won't happen anyway.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:48 pm

Stevens could be a Magpie as early as tomorrow morning.... Just heard on the radio here in bendigo!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: