Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think we need another midfield type player, weve got Bucks, Lica, Burns, Obree, Scotland, Woewodin and some others who can play midfield and with McGough, Brayden and Heath Shaw coming through(assuming they are midfielders) so i think we should go after some talls or some hard nut players
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:10 pm

There is also Shackleton and Mullins waiting in the wings.
Hooked
tdesmaele 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:19 pm

Well I'm disappointed like a lot of us but can the people calling for Woey's head get a clue. Yeah sure he had a bad game yesterday but he wasn't alone and definitely wasn't our worst. And besides he had a decent season so let's cut him some slack.

My main disappointment is more with some of our middle tier players. Kinnear, Holland, Scotland, Davis, Lonie, Shaw and O'Bree have now played 3+ years. It's time to decide whether they can rebound from this loss and continue to improve or cut our losses and bring in someone else instead.

Throughout the season I really felt a need for another 2 tall marking forwards. Kinnear was okay this season as the 3rd tall but at current we have no depth to cover an injury or suspension to Tarrant or Rocca. I'm hoping Cam Cloke or Tom Davidson can step up next season and break into the team but we should look to see if there is any others available as well. I wonder if we could get someone like Nathan Brown, Jade Rawlings or Digby Morell.

Also another quality midfielder would be handy. I for one are hoping we can get Nick Stevens. It may also be worth having a look at Daniel Harris, Matthew Robbins, etc.

And finally someone not scared to throw their weight around would be handy. Dean Solomon would worth looking at but probably not at the reported 350K a season Richmond has offered.

So anyway it looks like Betheras, Molloy, Richardson and Freeborn are on their way out. That's 4 empty spots and probably some significant cap room. I wonder who else will be joining them.

Go pies. Let's keep our heads high and strive to be bigger and better in 2004. It's our time to win 3 in a row.
Davros 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:42 pm

I think most players lost a great many tradability points with yesterday’s performance; we’d be lucky to get a trained monkey for them at this stage.

I don’t think Cole is safe. He is a cross between the EARLY DAY Tarrant (lazy and uncommitted during a match) and Licuria (gets heaps of the ball but couldn’t deliver an effective pass even if the only person on the ground was another Collingwood player).

If he turns out to be as good as both Tarrant and Licuria ARE NOW, then that would make him better than Bucks, Voss and Hird put together. But I don’t think we can afford to (and personally I couldn’t cope with the frustrations all over again) wait another 2-3 years to see if he can deliver. Can we trade him now and then pick him up later if he works out!

We need class players now. We need a premiership before Buckley retires and most members get Alzheimer’s and forget about 1990.
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:43 pm

kinnear proved yesterday that hes nothing more that a reserves player
47 games in 5 years
no see you later benny'
no wonder no one wanted him last year trade time
Davros 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:55 pm

maggies2003 I've been saying 'give him one more season to prove that he is a skillful, tough-nut...' for the last two years too but I think enough is enough and Kinnear has to go. He reminds me a lot of Tuckey and look what happened to him!
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:57 pm

Davros, it's nice to see someone agree with me about Cole. May I put it on the record that I hate to see any Pies player, whether I rate them or not, implode like he did yesterday. I don't think he has what it takes to make a long-term senior player. Contrary to some peoples statements, I cannot agree that he has made any real progress this season. He has just got more game time!!! His acknowledged strengths, namely some pace, endeavour and ability to lay a tackle round stoppages were already evident last season as were his liabilities namely abysmal skill levels, inability to read the play, looseness in man marking and poor judgement of options. Some may be due to inexperience but get real, these flaws are still as evident as last year. IMHO, others deserve greater consideration for retention than he does.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:02 pm

All those calling for heads to roll must be amongst the fortunate few that have never, in their whole life, had a bad day.

I can only imagine how charmed their lives must be, never having let their friends down, their work mates, their family, themselves.

Whilst watching Woey (on Ch Rex) and Licca (on Ch9) this morning, it was clearly evident how shattered they were after yesterdays performance.

Maybe the knockers should front up to pre-season training and do all the work the players do just to show them what you expect from them.

Hooked
Piepark 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:03 pm
Post subject: TradeReply with quote

Retire = Richo, Molloy, Freeborn

Trade = Davis, Betheras, O'Bree, Holland, Scotland, Kinnear,

Delist = McKee,

To attract interest from other clubs we need to offer some players as mentioned above.

I would see Kinnear and Scotland going to bulldogs for N. Brown.

Davis and O'Bree for N. Stevens.

We seriously need to take one step back before we take two steps forward.

Inclusions for next year to play regular senior footy will hopefully be:

(Internal)

Tarkyn Lockyer
David King
Tom Davidson
Cameron Cloke
Guy Richards
Dane Swan
Mark McGough

(External)

N. Brown
N. Stevens

Pretty handy list in my eyes, two from outside and about 7 from within the current group at Willi. I know it sounds harsh to draw a line through the names above, but back to back losses means we just aint quite there yet with the balance. What do people think. I reckon the only way we'll get players such as Stevens and Brown is if we offer the players I have suggested. Of course they must want to play for us.

Go Pies. My new motto, "In 2004 were gonna kick down the door" !!!!!
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:10 pm

Dale, some of us have had bad days in our varied fields of endeavour and have experienced both success and failure. there is a percentage of the criticism aired that could be classified as extreme but by and large the majority is well expressed and frequently well argued. Contrary to your aspersions, some of the views expressed have been formed over season(s) of observation, not as a kneejerk reaction to GF defeat. I appreciate yr efforts on this board re Williamstown, but find the sanctimony expressed in this post quite offensive to many people whose love of the Pies is unquestionable.
Davros 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:15 pm

Here Here Commonwombat. We appear to agree on many things today - apart from Rupe, but I do believe the sun shines out of his proverbial!

I also think that Scotland hasn't deliverd, but would get shot if I mentioned that Rolling Eyes

Collingwood has had a history of waiting years and years to see if kids can make it. We have had so many players that we kept for 5 - 7 years then dumped. That's the drafting of one or two premiership players lost. We need to be more ruthless if we want to be a powerhouse like Brisbane are now and the Hawks etc were; depending on their age I think we need a 'three years or your out' policy. I know it sounds horrible, but the number of places in the AFL are going to get less and less so it has to be the survival of the fittest.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:21 pm

Still doesn't justify the lynch mob after one bad day.

We made the GF, but on the day, we just weren't good enough. I suppose it could be worse though, we could be supporters of The Bulldogs, Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne or Richmond!

Hooked
Macgyver 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:29 pm

Your right dale just because we lost you guys want heads to role. We only lost 2 out of the last 13 games there is no need for a total makeover of our list.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:33 pm

I see some very good ideas being expressed but I wonder if releasing experienced players and replacing them with youngsters won't produce the same result as yesterday. You have to get the right blend of youth and experience and maybe MM just got it wrong.
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:34 pm

Thanks Davros, with respect I tried to be as fair as possible in my comments re Rupe but we can agree to differ. I DO hold him in higher regard than some others on the list! Re Scotland; re has shown a bit in recent times to suggest he can contribute at senior level and would keep him ahead of some others, but his career may be better served at another club esp if a worthwhile trade is offing.
Dale, will smoke the peace pipe if u will. By and large, if u exclude the extreme fringe, there is NOT a lynch mob. Questions should be asked, and hard decisions made and people, disappointed as they are, are airing these in a basically constructive manner. READ what many are saying, even if u disagree, and u will find that these people have frequently thought out their observations and contributions and are by no means disloyal to Collingwood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 5 of 26   

Jump to: