Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do you want the channel 9 to broadcast the game live?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want the match shown live on Channel 9?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 45 ]
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 45 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
I am an interstater, so I get rolled either way
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
I am an interstater, so I get rolled either way
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 116

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:43 pm
Post subject: Do you want the channel 9 to broadcast the game live?Reply with quote

Ok so a majority of us will have tickets to the game - but what about our other club comrades who have missed out?

Isn't it time that channel 9 stood up to the pressure that is Sydney based pre-recorded rubbish that is Burke's Backyard and put footy first for once on a Friday night? This isn't just any match - this could be the lead in to four weeks of finals glory - for either club.

Support the supporter who is at home - and those who may be starting to get an interest in footy by showing this game live and giving these clubs the respect they deserve in a competition that has forgotten about what real, Melbourne football is all about. (For example ... where were the record boys on Saturday night at homebush... where were the pie boys going up and down the aisles...?)

THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT LIVE TV - IT IS ABOUT PRESERVING WHAT WE HAVE LEFT - A GREAT BATTLE THAT HAS THE CHANCE TO PROMOTE OUR GAME TO EVEN MORE PEOPLE.

.... afterall, it is 'More than a game'... isn't it?

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The ch 9 game plan imo is to pretend its live as us viewers at home are pretty dumb afterall and cant adapt to a time change. Its strange that these same dumb people can cope when the Footy show gets switched from time to time. Ch9 if they dont want to show it live should pass it onto someone who will.

The delayed telecast means the whole game is shown in the prime time of after 8.30pm and i guess more advertising revenue.

jlc

woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:53 pm

I heard that Eddie believes that it should be at 8:30 because that is how it has been all year.

This is the only game for the year that HAS BEEN SOLD OUT!!!

If this was channel 7, this would never even be cosidered to be shown on delay!

This would be a ratings BONANZA for channel nine...what are they thinking????
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:58 pm

i think it should be on live, yes im going to the game, but if theyve said they will show sold out games live then they should bloody well do so!
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:11 pm

i dont care coz i will be there anyways
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:33 pm

about the answer 3 regarding being a interstater, i am one and i believe u should be able to watch the game live NO MATTER where u live in Australia!!!!!!!. Last week,we down here in Tassie got the swans game LIVE at 7pm!!!!!!!!!. Its a joke for anyone outside victoria to see any collingwood games,not just queensland and nsw.Its a BIG joke and nothing will ever be done about it. Still looking for some kind people to offer me free accomodation when i'm there finals time this year Very Happy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:47 pm

All us cheersquad people are going of course, however for the people who arent as fortunate as us getting a seat saved everyweek, it would be good for the black and white army at home to view the Essenscum loss!
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:54 pm

Didn't Ch 9 show the Ess/StK game live earlier this year? The reasoning, if any, behind showing that game escapes me, but yes, after all 9 v 12 midseason, is much better viewing than 2 v =4th on the ladder. Good on ya Channel 9.

Dunno how you're still the one!
geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:12 pm

i have just got off the phone to ch9 and they told me it was a ''broadcasting decision and it is to late to change it'' but if this was ch7 they would have changed it to live

i suggest everyone rings ch9 to complain ph 9429 0201
and lets see if we can get this stupid decision changed
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:31 pm

Does it really matter? It's not like the Cricket where we miss out on 3/4 of the day's play.

Will the fact that it is a delayed telecast make you not watch the match? No. It'll be a "ratings bonanza" wether it's shown at 7:30 or 8:30. It's really not that big an issue.

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:17 pm

Ok I have real problems with two replies in this thread.The one from Magpie1983 and Dark Lord.The one from Mapie 1983 is a very selfish one he dosen't care cause he will be there.So that basically means he couldn't give a stuff about anyone else but him great attitude mate.Dark Lords comment that it dosen't matter if it is live or not astounds me.There is no way I could wait for a delayed telecast of a Pies game I have to know how our team is going straight away whether it be via tv radio internet or sms.Please guys have a little consideration for your fellow Magpie Fans before you type your messages.
Bones 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:22 pm

Ever wondered why Pies got so many Friday night games this year?
No matter what time of day it would be top ratings. So 8.30 is Prime time hey, makes ya wonder huh.

I want the bluddy thing LIVE!!!!!

Magpie 1983 has made the same comments before over this LIVE issue, if he doesn't give rats then maybe he should keep his damn mouth shut. Think yourselve very very lucky young fella that you are able to attend, many many cannot.
Beth Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:28 pm

I have to agree with Paulie. Whenever the team is playing I have to know what is happening now, not what happened half an hour ago. I usually listen to the radio and then watch the match when it comes on tv. Its heaps better when you can do both at the time.
Bones 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:29 pm

AND who are the 3 wankers that voted NO???

Selfish little chits. Hope ya toenails drop off..
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:35 pm

Usually I don't care if games are live or not. But when they are big games likes this, I don't see why they shouldn't be televised, especially when they are sellouts.

If we were playing a Geelong/Melbourne "calibre" side Smile , then it wouldn't bother me. As someone mentioned previously, with the MCG limited in the next few seasons, why not make an exception to this, and show the really BIG games live?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: