Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match - Pies beat Cats by 24. All comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:46 pm
Post subject: Post Match - Pies beat Cats by 24. All comments here pleaseReply with quote

A bit of a scare at the right time ? Let's hear about it.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Ant 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was a pleasing effort after halftime, we outplayed them pretty convincingly.
However, the umpires didnt do us any favours though, especially in regards to Tarrant, it seems as though they just dont like him or something? Some of the decisions against him contributed to a few dents in my wall!
Oh and speaking of Tarrant, what an absolutley unbelievable superstar gun! His mark was remarkable and he definitely deserves mark of the year, unless ofcourse gary moorcroft gets a game for melbourne in rd 22 and takes a better mark in the last 30 seconds of the last quarter. He was robbed in 2001 i tells ya, that mark against melbourne in rd 11 was awesome! Anyways, what a champ, I feel privileged to watch the guy! I mean, how many guys can boast having 10+ marks in an 'ordinary' game??
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:21 pm

Oh. . . . I see now. Not as many as you might think.
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:47 pm

Well that's got rid of all the crap teams..
Now for the real testers, if we win 2 outta 4 i'll be happy.

I don't usually hang chit on the umpires (thankless job) but they were @#$%ing disgraceful tonight...

Rocca 3
Woey 2
The Rest 1
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:49 pm

Good game, wasn't the result that many would of thought, half the commentators on the radio mentioned "upset coming" and "major upset in the making" Imagine how much of a fool poor Danny Southern feels like right now? Good game by Rocca, I haven't seen the match, I will watch it now, it's on delayed because of the Rugby.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
M@cca Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:21 pm

Great come-from-behind-trashing. Tarrant's mark send shivers down everbodys spines. Unbelievable! Rocca's in top form. Umpires were an absolute disgrace, and i usually dont complain about 'em. I thought Shaw played exellently also. The backline certainly looked weak without clokey, presti and jimmy. Walks has some work to do but he's got a good future. Well done Pies!
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:27 pm

The Divine One is correct. I too hate the old cliche of the Umpires putting us to the sword, but that free kick against Tarrant was a disgrace.

Anyway, it was worrying early on, but Malthouse made some changes after half-time which tipped the game into our favour. That's what good coaching is about.

Woey was good. Wakelin had a huge task of holding our inexperienced backline together (and succeeded to some extent). Rocca was inspirational where Bucks was quiet early on.

McGough was bloody great. He played like a man possessed. Holland was good and Cole was fantastic. His tackling really set the tone of the second half.

The only worry is that Brisbane has hit some form. We'll have to be excellent for 4 quarters not just 2 if we want to beat them next week.

silf85 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:39 pm

Worst game I have ever seen umpired.

#28- Kieran Nicholls will no doubt be given the tick of approval for his disgraceful decision against Tazza.
#25- Shaun Ryan will no doubt be given the tick of approval for his disgraceful non-holding the ball decision.
#12- Corin Rowe will no doubt be given the tick of approval for his disgraceful high tackle free against McGough.
#9- Bryan Sheehan will hopefully be given the tick of approval to retire. Second time this year he has done his hammy and he was out for 6 weeks when he did it the first time.
Sheehan goes off at half time and the Pies get back into the game.
The goal umpire got the Tarrant call correct in the 3rd Quarter, it was a point.

Mr Combover will say tonight was the best officiated game of the year. I have no doubt.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:50 pm

ordinary to say the least. poor disposal, wrong options, too few prepared to play team footy and too many wanting to be individuals... and then half time arrived and, rightly so, MM gave them a rocket. still nothing exceptional after the break but a little more convincing. molloy and burns held us in it in the first half while rocca, woey and mcgough pushed us home in the 2nd. despite calls by some outside the ground after the game of 'bring on brisbane,' if we play like that next week we will be thumped. cloke and clement back will help. cant complain too much about any win but we were pretty poor tonight.

3-rocca
2-woey
1-mcgough, molloy, burns, cole
Joe 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:54 pm

We played crap and still won.
Four points is four points.
The umpiring was attrocious.
Rocca killed em.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:02 am

Omg it was so scary to watch!

I got in the BIGGEST fight with some gay old lady and her two granddaughters. They were sooo horrible the whole game and then when Tarrant took a mark but went off coz he was hurt she bagged him big time, so my mum got into her!

She kept saying "go geelong! u are beating the so called premiership side" and i turned around and go "umm scoreboard lady!" and she goes "i can read!" and so everytime we got a goal i turned around and waved my scarf in her face and smirked at these girls!

When we won me, my mum and my best bud all sang the song to them and then me and Amber picked up our handbags and started waving them in there face going "haaaannnnnndbaaaaaaagsssssssssss, haaaaaaaaaaandddddddbaaaaaaagggss" and she went to grab my handbag but i hit her with my scarf and said "wat the hell do u think ur doing bitch" hahaha and then she left!

naughty me..... stupid cow! lol! I LOVE FOOTY! Very Happy hehehehe

Winners circle rocked!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:46 am

I have to admit, I was scared tonight. We played some scrappy football out there in the first half. I've just been watching the replay and I don't think I saw it at the game, but McGough was absolutely EVERYWHERE in the last half. He played excellent football. I think he wants to stay in the side for the next few weeks.

So glad we won....wonder what the ladder will look like this time tomorrow?

magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:56 am
Post subject: Mark McGoughReply with quote

I have to say that from the time Mark McGough was finally removed from the pine and got in there doing the hard stuff, the rest of the team lifted and just went on with it.

Impressive, cos although we didnt play good but still won the points and thats all that matters. Bring on Brisbane and extract some revenge.
wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:13 am

a piss poor performance (lets be honest), and still we won - a very good sign i think. bring on brissy, a hard fought encounter should get the boys ready for the finals and if we can beat them bastards from up north the confidence would go up even further. carn pies, lets go all the way!
grims 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:15 am

That was a good all round effort by the team. 2 Players i thought really stood up were richard cole and josh fraser. Josh's tap work gets better every week and richard cole is just a tackling machine and his disposal gets better each week. I feel even more satisfied about tonights win than i did after last weeks. Considering we had cloke presti and clement out the backline stood up well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: