Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

match report pies v brians no happy ending this week sorry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:47 am
Post subject: match report pies v brians no happy ending this week sorryReply with quote

match report from a far off lounge room

Cheesys 100th game as a pie says the banner as the boys break thru it wearing the heritage strip,i kinda like the jumper myself,back to the old black and white stripes.
Voss wins toss and kicks with the wind.
Josh gets the first clearance,MCgs first kick hits Taz in the face and nearly knocks him out,his second kick hits bucks on the back,somehow cheesy gets a free and 50 and we are one goal up in no time.
after that its just an avalanche as the brians are first to the ball,win every centre bounce easily and dont miss one shot at goal.
At one stage we had all 18 players in their 50 and they still managed to roll a ball thru the goals.
pies in total disarray at qtr time its 48-6.

we have the wind now Cloke is still on Brown and is still no match for him.and before you could say its not funny today the brians have goaled again and we are 8 down.
Woey gets a soft free and goals while Taz is asking what he has to do to get one of those!
Rocca does a new dance and goals as he pas de ders thru a pack.
Our defence is under seige,we cannot get it out of their 50 for a lot of the qtr.
we scramble a couple of goals thru willo and taz but the brians are by far the better side so far.
taz is leading but the kicks to him are hopeless.
Willo gets a free after the siren lines up from 40 and kicks a shocker just like the teams first half.

62-33
We have a real dip for a while into the wind we have the ball on a string but pepper the goals from the 50 and into the wind thats not the idea is it people?
we know it so why didnt the players?
we miss many opportunities to cut the deficit to a managable level.
molly clever tap to bucks Pt
Rocca marks at 50 pt
Cole runs intowards goal and kicks into the man
McKee takes a fortnight to pick up a pass gets tackled but burns goals the crumb..pie caramba at last we score a major.
next clearance bucks hits tazza on tit Pt
then 2 errors in the back half gets 2 goals to the brians.
MCGs kick OOF was a shocker.
taz goals but i missed that,i was at the fridge looking for something strong to drink.and lokan snaps one in red time to have us just within reach 85-56
not probable but possible.

Tazza marks? no says ump..Burns hits post with a snap from the crumb.
Then the pivotal moment came from my point when lynch wrestled,dragged and pulled josh out of the throw in as the lions ruckman came over the top and it was Play fuggin on>>>brians Pt.
fair dinkum its hard enough getting a kick against this mob without them getting away with that shite.
from the kick in tazza is clearly held but play fuggin on again...
ant marks at 40..his shot falls short even with the wind at his back...whats happeneing here?
Rocca marks at 40 again OOF this time
Johnno a long point
Lonie a long point
Didak a long point
lynch rubs salt into the wound with 2 bullshit goals to finish us off.
39 points down the shitter after being 42 down at qtr time.
we had some chances but really never were going to win it.
keatings efort in the first qtr showed why we need a real ruck and our kicking around the ground was deplorable.
after 6 weeks in the B grade we may have had an easy run but now back in the A grade we must lift our ranking and endeavour if we are to play any part in september.

It must be said that if 7 still had the footy rights.
In WA this game would have been shown as an afterthought at midnight if at all,so thanks for fox footy i saw it live.
long live fox footy!!
long live the pies too!!

votes hard to give...
2 wakes...did a god job on lynch until the umps spoiled the party late
2 shaw..although his kicking wasnt great he did get a bit of it and was the only other defender to hold his head up
1 josh,,although beaten in the rucks he did a bit around the ground
1 woey he never gave up
1 burns ditto
1 bucks ditto
1 cheesy ditto

1 to me for sitting thru it twice without smashing anything.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, noticed that the 1st 1/4 description was short. Yeah you're right the less said the better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: