Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury list 5/5/14

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Museman wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Freeman has been 2-3 weeks for about a Month

Stop dwelling on Freeman. He will be ready when he is ready. It's not like he would get a game in the seniors at the moment anyway. Our midfield is ridiculous right now. Can't remember the last time we had a fully fit mid brigade before this season...

I'm concerned, he is not a cog in the wheel atm, we are not trying to fool any opposition here, why would the club just not explain whats going on?

We are going to be extra careful blah blah.....

Indefinite.

They already explained weeks ago that he had injured the tendon and it's usually a 10-12 week injury. Predicting injury recovery times is a very inexact science. I'd much rather they took the cautious approach than bring him back early and risk a chronic hamstring injury, which is much more likely when the tendon is involved.

Hence why museman suggests they list such players as "indefinite". And rightly so, I don't see the point in listing weeks if they have no clue as to the timeline.

At least it's a nice surprise when an "indefinite" player gets named in the vfl, as opposed to the constant disappointment when a 2-3 week listing drags out over 10 weeks.

I just don't see the purpose and I'd be happy if someone could explain it to me. In my mind, You could list freeman as 2-3 weeks or indefinite it makes no difference to the mind games your undertaking with the side your playing next so why not save us all the frustration and just list them - indefinite.

Most likely they believe the timelines that they put out will be reasonably accurate. All it takes though is a week where recovery stalls or the player has a setback and the timeline is revised. It's frustrating, but I doubt it's a deliberate deception.
it's all doctor talk, they never give you a definitive date on a recovery, "we'll see how it is traveling in two weeks". I can't understand why everyone gets so butthurt about not getting a definitive return date, they are ready when they are ready and all we can do is keep putting the best 22 out there we can.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 am

surfer1 wrote:
The Weed wrote:
Not happy about Gault being out for so long, may be the end of him. I still had hopes for him.

Not sure about that it's a broken collarbone better than knee or shoulder

Still needs to get back out on the park and stake a claim if he wants to remain on the list beyond 2014 so it's the time he's out rather than injury.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:20 am

MagpieMad wrote:
Stupied wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Museman wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Stop dwelling on Freeman. He will be ready when he is ready. It's not like he would get a game in the seniors at the moment anyway. Our midfield is ridiculous right now. Can't remember the last time we had a fully fit mid brigade before this season...

I'm concerned, he is not a cog in the wheel atm, we are not trying to fool any opposition here, why would the club just not explain whats going on?

Indefinite.

They already explained weeks ago that he had injured the tendon and it's usually a 10-12 week injury. Predicting injury recovery times is a very inexact science. I'd much rather they took the cautious approach than bring him back early and risk a chronic hamstring injury, which is much more likely when the tendon is involved.

Hence why museman suggests they list such players as "indefinite". And rightly so, I don't see the point in listing weeks if they have no clue as to the timeline.

At least it's a nice surprise when an "indefinite" player gets named in the vfl, as opposed to the constant disappointment when a 2-3 week listing drags out over 10 weeks.

I just don't see the purpose and I'd be happy if someone could explain it to me. In my mind, You could list freeman as 2-3 weeks or indefinite it makes no difference to the mind games your undertaking with the side your playing next so why not save us all the frustration and just list them - indefinite.

Most likely they believe the timelines that they put out will be reasonably accurate. All it takes though is a week where recovery stalls or the player has a setback and the timeline is revised. It's frustrating, but I doubt it's a deliberate deception.
it's all doctor talk, they never give you a definitive date on a recovery, "we'll see how it is traveling in two weeks". I can't understand why everyone gets so butthurt about not getting a definitive return date, they are ready when they are ready and all we can do is keep putting the best 22 out there we can.

We dont want the same BS 3 week update week after week, the bloke was listed as 3-4 weeks 3 months ago.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/young-collingwood-defender-adam-oxley-to-miss-six-weeks-with-ankle-injury/story-fni5f6hd-1226816787332

Adam Oxley was meant to miss 6 weeks but has been out double that.

Ben Sinclair now 6 weeks with a hammy??

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 am

MagpieMad wrote:
Stupied wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Museman wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Indefinite.

Who's getting butthurt? I'm asking for them NOT to give us definitive return date. Ie list them as indefinite. That way no one gets their hopes up on return dates and you lose the constant disappointment of expected return times that are never met.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: