Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Enough is enough

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
MM I hear you. Spain is NOT a Collingwood supporter, read his posts, he's confessed it. "Collingwood is not my religion" is one he's used a few times.

Oh you idiot! When I say it's not my religion I mean there are lots of things I find just as satisfying or more so than following Collingwood.

Hey if Collingwood wins I'm happy. If we lose I'm annoyed, but the sun comes up I go out and have a round of golf or go walking or have a drink or two with mates. Really, I'm not going to have kittens if Collingwood fails. I'm used to that most of the time.

But every Collingwood supporter has the right to vent. If you disagree so what. I'm just tired of the ridiculous one-eyed nonsense that people in Melbourne try to carry on with. There is more to life than footy. Some people need to get a life!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Welll said John Wren. Well spoken Culprit.

Jack, I disagree with most of what you write. On the other hand, at least you can write, which is more than we can say for the clowns who don't know the difference between drivel and dribble but presumably do the latter as they scribble the former.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Problem with the "trolls" as they're called, they've not really broken enough of the rules to be banned. Though there are times when Hiss hijacks a heap of threads, but that's probably more a warning than a banning, as with jack sometimes.

But there are many that have hijacked threads throwing in their tirades at them, ignoring both would be a good idea.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm

fwiw I'm certain jack spain is a Collingwood supporter, just a very naughty one. You couldn't possibly know as much as he does about a team you didn't support. Just a big shit stirrer
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm

It would be more fun if he was a real hawthorn supporter. The fact that he is some sort of Magpies supporter that Collingwood and life has twisted into that shape is his real tragedy. Ban him if crosses the lines of posting appropriateness but for being the twisted intellectual Quasimodo he is, nah let him be.

That's my opinion - maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not - maybe he is a Hawks troll.

There are many days when I just can't tell....

Last edited by rocketronnie on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
john b 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm

I think if we disagree with whats happening on the field then thats okay.
Its when it gets personal, to me thats when someone becomes a troll.

I haven't got that from Jack, although we have disagreed on a few occasions.

I agree, would like the mods to react if its personal and i think they do. Don't see any yellow cards for Jack as yet.

MM, if it's a personal attack then you have every right to complain. If it's just a disagreement about the game or team, then mods don't need to react.

In my opinion.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

jack kinda reminds me of a few long time Collingwood supporters, that have a fair bit of negativity because of the past and it's more out of frustration than anything. I am sure he loves the club as much as the next person, just his opinion seems to make it less visible.

Just a thought anyway, I don't know him, just seems that way.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
pablo 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Jack would be loving this wouldn't he - being the subject of three pages of posts?! 197 odd to go and he will will rival the Travis Cloke thread.

Anyway Jack, keep posting whatever you want - if it comes to a vote I will vote for you, simply as a matter of procedural justice.

But, please try to be more happy!!

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm

I don't always agree with what Jack says, but I'm sure he is one of us. I have never attacked him when I don't disagree with him, I read what he says and move on. He never attacks anyone personaly, which most people seem to do to him.

JW, Culprit, John B and Tannin have got it right in their posts about Jack he is not a bad guy just a little jaded.

A few others on here are worse than Jack in the fact that they attack you personally if you do not agree with them or their strong opinions. Two in particular. Jack if I ever meet you at he footy I'll have a drink with you.
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:48 pm

I think all views should be considered and posted here. If we were all the same, it would be pretty boring.

But as far as Jack goes, you can't argue with Dumb!

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 pm

I've had jack on ignore for a while
but find more often than not I want to display what he has written.

I am pretty sure there are some shit stirrers on Nick's who are not Collingwood supporters.

Jack may be one of them but I think there are others.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:06 pm

I think Tannin and JW have said all that needs to be said here. Spain cops a fair bit because a) he's a provocateur and b) he posts a lot. But compared to the bigfooty trolls who have descended on our boards in the last 12 months, he's a breath of fresh air. Personal insults and pissing contests are the centre of their existence here, and I wouldn't be sorry to see them go. Spain at least generally plays the ball, so to speak.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:42 pm

A lot of people say Jack is a troll and sometimes I do wonder whether people are right or not, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

During my time on the forum, he has posted a lot of pessimistic thoughts which I haven't always agreed with him on, but he has made some very good posts, e.g. His Pre-Grand Final rev-up speech last year.

He's always respected me as a poster from what I can gather so it is a little difficult to completely judge him as a troll, but some others may think differently. I'll keep an open-mind about it. I'd like to think he is genuine poster of the forum and he does indeed love Collingwood, even if he does display it in a different manner.

Hiss on the other hand... Rolling Eyes

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am
Post subject: Re: Enough is enoughReply with quote

Macedonian Marvel #35 wrote:
Bloody hell mods

how long and what does it take for these trolls to be blocked?

It takes guts to block trolls. Much easier to just lock and merge threads and delete people's posts.

At least the Nazis had the guts to kill people.
raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am

frankiboy wrote:
fwiw I'm certain jack spain is a Collingwood supporter, just a very naughty one. You couldn't possibly know as much as he does about a team you didn't support. Just a big shit stirrer

this hits it on the head.
I remember guys exactly like jack in the social club in the 1980s. they were bloody annoying but they lived and breathed collingwood like the rest of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: