Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

some thoughts on the current state of Nick's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ If the situation you refer to right now doesn't force some serious and immediate action, Nick, nothing will.

Stui, it's easy to ignore idiots in isolation, but when thread after thread is poisoned by the amount of toxic sludge they generate then it's tiresome and boring to wade through. That goes for some older trolls here you can think of and the newer ones that seem to be mestastisising in GD as we speak.

They're a cancer, and they need to be cut out before the mods have to amputate a limb to save the body, which is I think what you're afraid of.

OK, enough bad metaphors from me, I'm going to bed. Smile

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 am

I agree with Pied Piper. There appears to be a number of trolls on the board at the moment and I don't think there is anything wrong with what PP says.

These people aren't real posters, and they shouldn't be recognised as such.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 am

I share your sentiment Mr. Piper and aside from the little interest I have in discussing footy during the off season it's one of the reasons I remain scarce during that time. The footy's back now and while the trolling and sniping will continue there are enough decent folk around to keep those types in check. Come back mate, the place is a little less enjoyable to visit without your insightful views and respectful attitude.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:22 pm

PP, whilst we disagreed recently I fully support your comments about the current state of this website. And I personally have received quite rude and threatenning in tone pms and emails of late that lead me to believe this place is not what it used to be or is mean't to be. I for one will be stepping back from the site and this will be hard because I have enjoyed my time over 9 years.And made many terrific friends. It now seems acceptable that rude people are given respect and genuine people are told to pull their heads in.

I have written a complaint today and asked for a certain member to be investigated. To date this has been ignored and I am now at the point where I am not interested in being sent rude mail or feel that my safety may be compromised. It seems fine for a few to sit behind the anonimity of this website, say what they think and walk away without consequence; a sad reflection of the social now and the way we have headed.

So will pop in from time to time but for me for now. BYE.

Last edited by annewilo on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Anne, these assertions are incorrect:

"It now seems acceptable that rude people are given respect and genuine people are told to pull their heads in"

and

"It seems fine for a few to sit behind the anonimty of this website, say what they think and walk away without consequence, a sad reflection of the social now and the way we have headed"

I've PMed you about it.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Donny wrote:
Anne, these assertions are incorrect:

"It now seems acceptable that rude people are given respect and genuine people are told to pull their heads in"

and

"It seems fine for a few to sit behind the anonimty of this website, say what they think and walk away without consequence, a sad reflection of the social now and the way we have headed"

I've PMed you about it.

No they are not. I made a complaint about this today and it has been ignored. I raised the fact that I had received another nasty pm yesterday and had asked for this to be investigated. Nothing to do with your reply about Daves posting. So please don't correct me and I will ask one more time for this to be investigated. No member should have to put up with pms like this.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:27 pm

The Eddie Thread is a Great Example as People are just Having a Go at Me for Speaking my Mind and Love having a Go at me on that thread
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:23 pm

As far as I can remember, Nicks was always about everyone havving their say, right or wrong.
The only real rules were that profanity was barred and "members were to treat each other the same way they expected to be treated".
Both these rules are clearly gone.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 am

Dave The Man wrote:
The Eddie Thread is a Great Example as People are just Having a Go at Me for Speaking my Mind and Love having a Go at me on that thread

shutup dave Razz
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:13 pm

I agree with PP, and it is unfortunate that intelligent discussion is now lost on Nicks, sure there always has been the idiotic comments but now they seem more prevalent.

So I only tend to post when I find something worth replying to. Which unfortunetly has not been much.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: