Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas: To boo or not to boo.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:05 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

Great work Skipper. I noticed that Luke Ball was wiping blood from his head. looking at the replay, it seemed like the Carlton creature struck him. Pendles jumped in and had a go. I was proud watching Pendles then push chubby.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pendles was showing Dollar Daisy in no uncertain terms, that he is no longer one of us, no longer a Magpie, for as long as he wears that horrible bluescum bluebellie jumper. ! Love it .

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:22 pm

I booed!
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 pm

How could you not boo him? The whole theatre of the thing demanded it!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Daisy & Pendles were recruited in the same draft & have been good mates ever since. Daisy was obviously being facetious when Pendles confronted him, hence his smile when he lands. Pendles was under instructions. He tried very hard to smile at everything our guys dished out but he clearly didn't want to be there. I have no doubt whatsoever that the team was instructed to make life particularly hard for him, given Buckley's well known dislike of the former Collingwood great.

He has struggled at Carlton, much of which is down to being out of the game for a year, and learning the ways of a new side, but a lot of what we saw on Friday showed me, without a shadow of doubt, that he simply doesn't want to be anywhere but Collingwood. His last 2 weeks have been better & better, his game against Wet Toast was his best for them, providing run and a great deal of leadership. To have such a rotten night against us was clearly the result of having to play against guys who were his best mates for the last 6 or 7 years (a bloody long time at that age).

I believe completely that Daisy will return to Collingwood for his last year or two, a la Taz, particularly if there is a change of coach, although most of his mates have been tossed away by the bright minds at CFC.
I also believe that the only person who wishes he was still at Collingwood more than me is Dale himself. I have never in 40 years seen a guy more uncomfortable in a jumper than Daisy is in navy Blue, a sentiment echoed by several commentators and pundits. All of which offers further proof, for those who still don't get it, that he was pushed out the door, just as Heath Shaw has said. If Carlton had offered fifty bucks per season Collingwood, (read Buckley), wouldn't have matched it.

The whole thing, along with another shocking last quarter, greatly tempered my joy at so thoroughly flogging the filth. I know a lot of magpie fans were saddened, but few will admit it.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:04 pm

^You are delusional, if he wanted to stay he would have taken the deal we offered, he didnt he left. In regards to the team we are tracking along nicely, if you were in charge we would have kept the deadwood and been languishing near the bottom of the ladder.

Im glad the decisions arent left to the likes of you or even me for that matter because we look at the team and players with too much emotion. You need to be ruthless if you want to succeed at anything in life and football is no different.

The club made the tough decisions and we are looking in good shape. Get over it Daisy is no longer a Collingwood player.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:37 pm

35forever wrote:
Daisy & Pendles were recruited in the same draft & have been good mates ever since. Daisy was obviously being facetious when Pendles confronted him, hence his smile when he lands. Pendles was under instructions. He tried very hard to smile at everything our guys dished out but he clearly didn't want to be there. I have no doubt whatsoever that the team was instructed to make life particularly hard for him, given Buckley's well known dislike of the former Collingwood great.

He has struggled at Carlton, much of which is down to being out of the game for a year, and learning the ways of a new side, but a lot of what we saw on Friday showed me, without a shadow of doubt, that he simply doesn't want to be anywhere but Collingwood. His last 2 weeks have been better & better, his game against Wet Toast was his best for them, providing run and a great deal of leadership. To have such a rotten night against us was clearly the result of having to play against guys who were his best mates for the last 6 or 7 years (a bloody long time at that age).

I believe completely that Daisy will return to Collingwood for his last year or two, a la Taz, particularly if there is a change of coach, although most of his mates have been tossed away by the bright minds at CFC.
I also believe that the only person who wishes he was still at Collingwood more than me is Dale himself. I have never in 40 years seen a guy more uncomfortable in a jumper than Daisy is in navy Blue, a sentiment echoed by several commentators and pundits. All of which offers further proof, for those who still don't get it, that he was pushed out the door, just as Heath Shaw has said. If Carlton had offered fifty bucks per season Collingwood, (read Buckley), wouldn't have matched it.

The whole thing, along with another shocking last quarter, greatly tempered my joy at so thoroughly flogging the filth. I know a lot of magpie fans were saddened, but few will admit it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Do you actually believe the shit that comes out of your mouth???? Funniest post I've read in ages!

Flog nuts Thomas took a cheap shot at Ball when he was hurt, then took a dive when Pendles confronted him. The only guy who even said a word to him after the game was Swan. You could see the distain on the players faces when they went near him.

And after speaking to a club insider last week I can actually confirm than none of the players gave two shits about him leaving, and Pendles and Ball both reckon he is a massive flog with an ego as big as MM.

Keep posting your ridiculous essays though, you're turning yourself into a parody of a clingy ex girlfriend very nicely.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Stupied wrote:
35forever wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Do you actually believe the shit that comes out of your mouth???? Funniest post I've read in ages!

Flog nuts Thomas took a cheap shot at Ball when he was hurt, then took a dive when Pendles confronted him. The only guy who even said a word to him after the game was Swan. You could see the distain on the players faces when they went near him.

And after speaking to a club insider last week I can actually confirm than none of the players gave two shits about him leaving, and Pendles and Ball both reckon he is a massive flog with an ego as big as MM.

Keep posting your ridiculous essays though, you're turning yourself into a parody of a clingy ex girlfriend very nicely.

Gold. Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Daisy is helping screw Carlton. Love him for that. Smile
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:59 pm

For Daisy it was a case of FIFO. And he couldn't do the F.I bit on the clubs terms so he F'd off.

A decision which was thoroughly vindicated on Friday night and will continue to be over the next 4 years...if he lasts that long and that's looking like a very big IF at this stage.

Meanwhile we will bring in a Premiership Cup during that period and hard decisions like the Daisy one will be looked back on as where the premiership foundations were laid.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:02 pm

35forever wrote:

Oh boy, where to start. You can tell if ex teammates are still on speaking terms after the match. No one wanted anything to do with him, and rightly so. The team wasn't, and didn't need to be instructed to make life hard for him. That is his lot now, because he is a washed up hack.
And lets get one thing perfectly clear. Number 39 for the Scum is not fit to lick Pendles' boots clean. never has been, never will be.
Oh, and by the way, Dane Swan, Nathan Buckley, Len Thompson, Peter Daicos etc are Collingwood greats. Number 39 for the Scum has only ever been a good ordinary footballer, dragged along by the likes of Swan, Pendles & Ball.

35forever wrote:

He has struggled, and will continue to struggle, at Carlton because he is past it, and his new team mates don't want him there. Of course he wants to be at Collingwood, but he was a disruptive little prick, so he had to go.

35forever wrote:

He will never play another game for the Collingwood football club. He is washed up now. Just imagine what he will be like once Carlton cut their losses & delist him.

35forever wrote:

The offer wasn't matched because he's past it, has a dodgy ankle, and is a self centered, egotistical disruptive git. Based on his performance on Friday night, he isnt worth 50 bucks a season, and his new team mates know it, just like we did. He wont be coming back.

35forever wrote:

Get over yourself.

Last edited by Doc63 on Mon May 05, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:13 pm

35forever wrote:

I don't really think we pushed him out the door, we offered him a contract that we thought matched his match fitness, age,injury prognosis, whereas the scum offered him far more, ala buddy at the swans, and daisy flew the nest for the huge money on offer. Look, if it was any other club, say the saints,, crows, port, dogs, norf, I really would not have a problem with it, but not the scum. I draw the line there, never the evil empire. Exclamation
On the other hand, some of what you say re him I agree with, he looked forlorn against us, lost even, im sure he has no love for the scum, im sure hed rather be a Pie for life deep down. I well remember when my idol Peter McKenna, went to the scum, I was stunned, and he hated it there, I think he only played a handful of forgettable games. Years ago I spoke to Peter Moore on the phone, and he told me his decision to join the deees was his worst mistake, despite winning a brownlow medal there, his heart just wasn't in it. Thomas may oneday come back, but seeing we now have a full on youth policy, I doubt it, he wont be welcome back until his tenure at that vile club ends, same as the old man. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
4everpies 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:49 pm

35forever wrote:
Daisy & Pendles were recruited in the same draft & have been good mates ever since.

They may have been recruited in the same draft, but the rest of that statement is so far from the truth it's not funny. Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm

35forever wrote:

I don't agree with what you wrote but it's your opinion.

A part of me loves Daisy & was sad to see him go. He is part of a team that won a grand final at Collingwood in 2010.

None of us know all of the reasons he left & took up with a new club but obviously some important factors included: (1)Money (why not go for $700,000 a year - footy is a bushiness unfortunately & players are kicked out, shoved out without too much regard when it suits a club). (2) The likely impact of his relations with MM

He often turned games around when he played with us & played a ripper of a GF game to boot.

However, he has now gone to Carlton, we got a trade I think or something for him & it becomes a win-win situation in the new system.

I wish him well at Carlton & actually felt sorry for him post game. Not for Carlton but for him in footy terms.

Time to move on I would have thought - especially given how well we are doing currently & the exciting possibilities for our club.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:31 pm

watt price tully wrote:
35forever wrote:

I don't agree with what you wrote but it's your opinion.

A part of me loves Daisy & was sad to see him go. He is part of a team that won a grand final at Collingwood in 2010.

None of us know all of the reasons he left & took up with a new club but obviously some important factors included: (1)Money (why not go for $700,000 a year - footy is a bushiness unfortunately & players are kicked out, shoved out without too much regard when it suits a club). (2) The likely impact of his relations with MM

He often turned games around when he played with us & played a ripper of a GF game to boot.

However, he has now gone to Carlton, we got a trade I think or something for him & it becomes a win-win situation in the new system.

I wish him well at Carlton & actually felt sorry for him post game. Not for Carlton but for him in footy terms.

Time to move on I would have thought - especially given how well we are doing currently & the exciting possibilities for our club.

Well said - at his best, he was a match-winner, but that was now a long time ago, and he seemed to lose his way. He will always be a part of the immortal 2010 side, to which he contributed magnificently, but tarnished by the fact that he went to the hated Blues and did not do what was necessary to adjust to the new regime at Collingwood.

I suspect there were a lot of push factors as well as pull factors in his decision to leave, and that 35Forever's assessment has some (only some) truth in it. And even if I disagree with you, 35Forever, I don't doubt your love for the Pies given your avatar and your posting name !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: