Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley's influence starting to show

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:23 pm
Post subject: Buckley's influence starting to showReply with quote

Nice article on Bucks and the way he is remodelling the list.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/buckleys-influence-is-starting-to-show/tabid/91/newsid/130395/default.aspx
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that baldy. A good read.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Bizarre comment about Buckley not seeming astute or likeable outside the club.... Compared to Malthouse, he is a model of courtesy, honesty and humility. Weird.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Nah a lot of anti Collingwood people see him that way, likes he's arrogant. But if you get the chance to chat to him, he reserved(who can blame him) but he is also very genuine and just a nice guy.

That's a great article, and I totally agree. This team has great team spirit now, playing for each other, no super star specials, it's team effort. I love it.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Not just anti Collingwood supporters, but Collingwood supporters. You only need to go back to the round 1 loss against Fremantle on Nicks to see.

Other crap on here how my mate said Burnsy hates bucks and then Burnsy becomes an assistant under him.

Anyway I've always been a believer in Bucks, but now very happy to see it starting to come together.

Good article.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:18 am

Mugwump wrote:
Bizarre comment about Buckley not seeming astute or likeable outside the club.... Compared to Malthouse, he is a model of courtesy, honesty and humility. Weird.

He's not very "friendly" in press conferences or interviews. A bit of Mick about him in that but not quite so grumpy, just dismissive.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:20 am

Think Bux the player had a polarizing impact on the general public because they didn't hear much from him and only saw this incredibly focused and driven athlete who did not seem to give a flying fig about anything else.

However, Bux the media personality and coach has won a lot of people over with the way he carries himself - comes across as erudite and honest and as a very impressive, intelligent individual.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:03 am

I saw Bucks disembarking in Hobart from a Sydney-Hobart yacht a few years back. He was mobbed and happily stood to have his photo taken with anyone who asked as he tried to hump his swag along the dock. Class act.
I've seen Ricky Ponting do similar - stand there for an hour while people lined up to have their photo taken with him. I won't hear a bad word about either of them as human beings.

surfer1 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:56 am

Mugwump wrote:

Agree to me in all interviews he seems to command respect and as such is asked more astute questions
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

He's not very "friendly" in press conferences or interviews. A bit of Mick about him in that but not quite so grumpy, just dismissive.

I guess so - "likeable" is probably not apposite as he is so self-contained ; but where Mick is rude and aggressive and often belittling, Nathan is courteous, thoughtful and carefully tries to answer the questions put to him. I admired Malthouse as a coach, but Buckley seems to me a far more likeable individual (perhaps just my taste showing)!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 am

Mugwump wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I guess so - "likeable" is probably not apposite as he is so self-contained ; but where Mick is rude and aggressive and often belittling, Nathan is courteous, thoughtful and carefully tries to answer the questions put to him. I admired Malthouse as a coach, but Buckley seems to me a far more likeable individual (perhaps just my taste showing)!

I liked that when Bucks first sat down at the presser he asked the channel 7 bloke who was looking after the " cut aways"
Mentioned the name of who he thought it was and basically let em know he wasnt happy.

Think he has a point. I mean happy to see the coaches box react every now and then and most times Im reacting the exact same way however they did seem to over do it with Bucks, less so with Mick

uncanny 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Bucks got stiffed when he went to the pies with the fig jam moniker. It was bs made up by a hun journo but it stuck. Then he got flak about the way he carried on during games. He played for an ordinary side and was busting his gut to improve things on the field. People bagged him for it. Then he was cast as a fool because he chose to play for the pies to play regular finals but after one game in 94 didn't get a look in for September action for 8 long years. Again people revelled in that. As he experienced more team success as a player the knockers were fuelled by jealousy more than anything. I think this history is where the comment about his unpopularity comes from rather than the way he conducts himself. He is all class. Speaks with honesty and respect, even when confronted by dumb or even rude questions. Keep up the good work Nathan is what I say and continue to not let the turkeys get you down.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:59 am

uncanny wrote:
Bucks got stiffed when he went to the pies with the fig jam moniker. It was bs made up by a hun journo but it stuck. Then he got flak about the way he carried on during games. He played for an ordinary side and was busting his gut to improve things on the field. People bagged him for it. Then he was cast as a fool because he chose to play for the pies to play regular finals but after one game in 94 didn't get a look in for September action for 8 long years. Again people revelled in that. As he experienced more team success as a player the knockers were fuelled by jealousy more than anything. I think this history is where the comment about his unpopularity comes from rather than the way he conducts himself. He is all class. Speaks with honesty and respect, even when confronted by dumb or even rude questions. Keep up the good work Nathan is what I say and continue to not let the turkeys get you down.

Exactamundo.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:36 pm

think positive wrote:
Nah a lot of anti Collingwood people see him that way, likes he's arrogant. But if you get the chance to chat to him, he reserved(who can blame him) but he is also very genuine and just a nice guy.

My wife and my inlaws used to hate Bucks. They now like him since he's become a coach. Think that says a lot.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:31 pm

Joel wrote:
think positive wrote:

My wife and my inlaws used to hate Bucks. They now like him since he's become a coach. Think that says a lot.

They will hate him again once he's a triple premiership coach Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: