Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 656, 657, 658 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Jiu Jitsu training with the resident brick shithouse kid.

https://www.facebook.com/dkempers/videos/10154607911738574/

I think that'll work, that's me training in 33 degree heat.

Looks interesting... doesn't seem as physical as I thought it would be.

Seems to be a lot of cuddle type movements.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:06 pm

luvdids wrote:
Wokko wrote:

haha! Yeah that's what it looks like but there's so much going on with leverage and strength it's one of the most physically demanding things I've ever done. When someone's being held down, the other one is exerting everything to move position and get back to a better spot. Put it this way, I'm covered in bruises and slept for about 12 hours after that Laughing
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Wokko wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Wokko wrote:

haha! Yeah that's what it looks like but there's so much going on with leverage and strength it's one of the most physically demanding things I've ever done. When someone's being held down, the other one is exerting everything to move position and get back to a better spot. Put it this way, I'm covered in bruises and slept for about 12 hours after that Laughing

Oh wow! I figured there must've been more than what I could see. I was starting to think (with all that cuddling) it could be my kind of sport! Wink

Is it always rolling around on the ground? Or are there upright manoeuvres?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 pm

It starts standing up, in competition there are points for taking your opponent down, but unlike Judo (which it's based on) it's only a minor part. It's about 90% ground fighting. The aim is to submit your opponent, but in the 5 minute round neither of us managed it. At the end we're both going for ankle locks at the same time but neither of us tapped. In the middle somewhere he got me in a choke hold called a triangle choke (his legs around my shoulder and neck) but I defended it.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Time and money.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

First sick days in over 2 years. Yesterday morning I couldn't hold down water, I'd either vomit or shit it out at great force.

Managed to get the guts under control by yesterday arvo and after 14 hours sleep (which I haven't done since I was a teenager) my brain feels like mush but is slowly coming good.

Yuk. Get better soon.

You're given sick leave. Take the three without certificate you get allocated during the year.

Your job is full on & you should - and I won't tell anyone, you're not 21 anymore.

That's why I've got 1,150 hours of SL accumulated - oh shit, that doesn't stack up.....

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:44 pm

^ hmmm I've got over 2000 hours S\L - think I'll take them all - starting tomorrow Wink Shocked

Have great time in Malayasia - great place - great food 👍

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ hmmm I've got over 2000 hours S\L - think I'll take them all - starting tomorrow Wink Shocked

Have great time in Malayasia - great place - great food 👍

Cheers.

I hope you do take a chunk out of that leave - when you're well that is.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:29 am

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/penguin-travels-every-year-to-visit-man-who-saved-him/?utm_source=Green+Monster+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=5fdd8765a2-NEWSLETTER_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bbf62ddf34-5fdd8765a2-107134481
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Well I AM happy, probably not as happy as WPT who gets picked up from the police station???????? Haha, shortly for a well earned rest, enjoy

Tomorrow at 12.30 we board the cruise ship for Eden! Along with Pa and Ma Marmo, and even great Pa and Ma Marmo! Lots to celebrate, Pa s belated birthday, and also the news that his no. 7 grandson is on the way! Whooohooo, and another 20-30 friends! I have no idea how many!!!

I'm hoping I can find Foxtel Saturday, but hey, can watch the replay! Tuesday I went shopping for new clothes for hubby, and was rewarded with finding a gorgeous dress for white night, alas, not in my size, but they tracked one down for me, so yesterday I went to Chadstone. Seriously, you could die there. I parked underground, and made a mental note of the shops at the entrance. 2.5 hours later I've circled the bottom floor 3 times. By the time I. Finally found the little alcove the door was off, well I was fully loaded! Shopping not booze! So I'm knackered, I'd already done an hour in the gym. I'm now also feeling claustrophobic, so I put the roof down. I'm on the freeway thinking, man I love the smell of rain coming. And then it hits me. The rain does. Oops. Quick detour!

So now I'm madly cleaning the house, just been shopping to buy goodies for the kids over the weekend, (nope, eldest is home, juniors friends are terrified of my gorgeous fierce 56kg stunning daughter! I have no idea how, but she has them totally fooled).

I'm really looking forward to this, even if I just sleep for half of it! Cheers, hope you all have a wonderful weekend, but especially.....me!!

(Wonder if it's too early for wine?)

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:46 pm

^ sounds like great fun Jo - enjoy Cool

I'm happy cause the asbestos in the kitchen is gone, the new one was delivered today and is in the garage - the dining room is full of kitchen stuff and the spare room is full of new stove, sink, range hood etc. and I cant find a bloody thing - including my personal phone which it seems has gone flat or its refusing to accept my calls - ah well fck knows where the charger is anyway so not much use finding it... Laughing

And tomorrow is the last day of accreditation survey - what a waste of time - just ticking boxes pffft!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:12 pm

A mostly sunny day in Dublin, with a warmer weekend to come. St. Patrick's Day nearing, too Smile
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:55 pm

MET WITH MERIT Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Well done,

As I always say, bullshit baffles brains and bureaucracy. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm

^ Very Happy the surveyor talked about wanting to poach me - reckon there were many saying yes please take her away Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 656, 657, 658 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 657 of 866   

Jump to: