Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 607, 608, 609 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
Wokko wrote:
So you're saying that if someone holds a view on something you agree with then that means one agrees with the entirety of their viewpoint?

So you'd probably agree that the following would be good laws to enact, considering your well documented feelings about animal rights.

It is forbidden:

1. to so neglect an animal in one’s ownership, care or accommodation that it thereby experiences appreciable pain or appreciable damage;
2. to use an animal unnecessarily for what clearly exceeds its powers or causes it appreciable pain, or which it-in consequence of its condition-is obviously not capable of;
3. to use and animal for demonstrations, film-making, spectacles, or other public events to the extent that these events cause the animal appreciable pain or appreciable damage to health;
4. to use a fragile, ill, overworked or old animal for which further life is a torment for any other purpose than to cause or procure a rapid, painless death;
5. to put out one’s domestic animal for the purpose of getting rid of it;
6. to set or test the power of dogs on cats, foxes, and other animals;
7. to shorten the ears or the tail of a dog over two weeks old. This is allowed if it is done with anesthesia;
8. to shorten the tail of a horse. This is allowed if it is to remedy a defect or illness of the tail and is done by a veterinarian and under anesthesia;
9. to perform a painful operation on an animal in an unprofessional manner or without anesthesia, or if anesthesia in a particular case is impossible according to veterinary standards;
10. to kill an animal on a farm for fur otherwise than with anesthesia or in a way that is, in any case, painless;
11. to force-feed fowl;
12. to tear out or separate the thighs of living frogs.

Whose views do THEY sound like? Yeah, yours.

Do you know whose views they are? They're the Animal Protection laws of Nazi Germany enacted by Adolf Hitler. So according to your logic, you're a Nazi.

Yes, that's ridiculous. So is what you were trying to insinuate.

Shocked I'm a Nazi!

Mind you goose stepping with this damn clot in my leg is currently out of the question Razz

Just imagine a doctor bending over right in front of you, I reckon you'll get that foot swinging thru just fine. Razz Cool Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:26 pm

I dunno where to put this, so here will do.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/judge-asked-to-peer-into-the-abyss-as-hurtcore-pedophile-matthew-graham-fronts-court-20160203-gmkm6u.html

This cnut is just....................best term I can come up with is utter filth. Disgusting depraved sick cnut.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:36 pm

That's sickening, just spend a dollar on a bullet
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, it's been a bad run in his family, the eldest boy died at 8 months, that brain disease kids get, can't remember the name, his mum has bipolar, a pace maker and breast cancer, dad prostate and kidney (they took it out, hubby, and now his brother. If I was one of his sisters I'd be getting checked from head to toe. He'll IM not related and I get tested for everything like clockwork.

Guys, I know it's hard, but get yourselves checked out, especially if something not quite right I remember everyone saying how good his brother looked when the weight started falling off, but I was like, um, no there has to be a reason if your diet and exercise levels haven't changed. Going from 4 to two stubbies a night doesn't strip 20kg in six months.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:49 pm

^

I'm in no danger, the only way I'm losing 20kg in 6 months is getting a leg amputated. Wink

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:29 pm

think positive wrote:

Whilst I would gladly pay the dollar just use the bayonet. It costs nothing.
If this cnut was part of the Scully ring he has no worth as human being. Scully may be responsible for the Phillipines bringing back the death penalty. The scumbag had other mongrels paying him to torture his own kids. Including burning the genitals with cigarettes.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Yeah I remember seeing the sixty minutes special, a total dirt bag
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:56 am

Privatised waste collection. What en effing disgrace. Another failed ideological piece of crap.

Not only do we have natural monopoly effects (multiple trucks driving up the same streets), but people simply avoid paying and dump shite everywhere. The private companies aren't going to police it for free, while the cost of policing the dumping would be more than the council actually managing it.

So, in the case you have a natural monopoly cost and the cost of externalities. This is political capture at its finest; didn't reformers fight to deal with this shite a century ago?

This is clearly a huge blight on a great city - the streets are bloody filthy, with no one taking responsibility. And, having a read around, I'm not the first to notice the issue.

The UK was worse than Australia, but Dublin is worse than the UK. Korea, on the other hand, is going from bad when I first arrived, to much better today, which is the logical direction of human development, as opposed to this backward shite.

Morrigu, I demand you personally come and clean up the dumped rubbish near my house and the chewing gum and dog turds off all the city streets! Wink Very Happy You would be really angry; it just infuriates me to see a great city devalued like that, and I reckon it really weighs on people's psychology.

My guess is we've got the perfect storm: The massive hit of the GFC which really belted Ireland's finances, plus the ideological nonsense of privatising public necessities like waste collection.

And, it's not just me:

http://dublininquirer.com/2015/07/14/frank-this-city-is-filthy/

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/filthy-citizens-and-dirty-dublin-1.2264253

Last edited by pietillidie on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:59 am

What makes you say that?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:00 am

^The discarded bags of rubbish and supermarket trollies dumped in my front yard the council was apparently told about weeks ago, yet still haven't collected!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:40 am

Crappy website eventually navigated to submit dumped rubbish report and image of said dumped items, though after taking me through the whole report process, in the end it wanted me to choose only one of the dumped items (bicycle frame and dumped trolley), so I have to do another one. Fingers crossed someone takes responsibility for something Mad Evil or Very Mad

Imagine you're a kid growing up in this shite, and none of the adults around you take effing responsibility for effing anything, and they all wear each other down because there's no point me doing the right thing if no one else is going to do the right thing, and the effing council avoids responsibility and visible elected leaders and managers avoid responsibility.

This BS is *clear as effing day* going to create two social tiers, sending everyone back the nineteenth century with it. And people wonder why I oppose this stuff so strongly now before it becomes entrenched ever more. How many brain cells does it really take to see the obvious unfolding before everyone's eyes? Exclamation Forget Muslim panic, you dumb arses, this kind ideological bullshite is happening all around you and it still would be if there wasn't a brown person in sight for you to go all mental over.

This decline in social quality is based on political capture by mobile capital which bullies governments and refuses to take local responsibility for anything; it has nothing to do with some poor old Muslim family trying to make good.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 am

pietillidie wrote:
Privatised waste collection. What en effing disgrace. Another failed ideological piece of crap.

Not only do we have natural monopoly effects (multiple trucks driving up the same streets), but people simply avoid paying and dump shite everywhere. The private companies aren't going to police it for free, while the cost of policing the dumping would be more than the council actually managing it.

So, in the case you have a natural monopoly cost and the cost of externalities. This is political capture at its finest; didn't reformers fight to deal with this shite a century ago?

This is clearly a huge blight on a great city - the streets are bloody filthy, with no one taking responsibility. And, having a read around, I'm not the first to notice the issue.

The UK was worse than Australia, but Dublin is worse than the UK. Korea, on the other hand, is going from bad when I first arrived, to much better today, which is the logical direction of human development, as opposed to this backward shite.

Morrigu, I demand you personally come and clean up the dumped rubbish near my house and the chewing gum and dog turds off all the city streets! Wink Very Happy You would be really angry; it just infuriates me to see a great city devalued like that, and I reckon it really weighs on people's psychology.

My guess is we've got the perfect storm: The massive hit of the GFC which really belted Ireland's finances, plus the ideological nonsense of privatising public necessities like waste collection.

And, it's not just me:

http://dublininquirer.com/2015/07/14/frank-this-city-is-filthy/

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/filthy-citizens-and-dirty-dublin-1.2264253

Oh, dear, everywhere you go, you see reality through self-programmed ideological blinkers.

It's very clear from the material you posted (which was interesting, thanks) that it's nothing to do with whether something is done via public workers or private contracts. It's to do with the lack of interest shown public authorities in assuring that the work is done properly.

Private or public agencies are quite capable of good or shoddy work, depending upon the specification and enforcement of standards by the people commissioning the work itself. It's clear that the Dublin environmental health agencies are failing to do their job.

That may be because their budgets have been cut because of Ireland's economic crisis and there are not enough of them..... or it may be because they're having meetings all day with each other and EU officials rather than walking the streets and enforcing their contracts. I don't know. What is clear, though, is that you've already fashioned the issue to your prejudices.

Good on you, though, for doing something about reporting the issue as a private citizen. It is important, and more people should do what you are doing, and attending council meetings to protest, etc.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:01 am

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:

Whilst I would gladly pay the dollar just use the bayonet. It costs nothing.
If this cnut was part of the Scully ring he has no worth as human being. Scully may be responsible for the Phillipines bringing back the death penalty. The scumbag had other mongrels paying him to torture his own kids. Including burning the genitals with cigarettes.

Nature, unfortunately, generates these creatures with empathy genes missing. One can only feel sorry for the disgusting maimed creature that publishes this type of thing, hope that the perpetrators are put somewhere far away forever, and that someone, somewhere, can find that little girl and put her back together again with all of the love and sympathy that human beings usually have.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:04 am

I think some might be included.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:07 am

pietillidie wrote:

I told you not to stay in Dublin too long Razz

I'm not a Dubliner they've always been grubs!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 607, 608, 609 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 608 of 719   

Jump to: