Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bombers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Last years Wills came in a stamped himself as a possible senior player. This year he has stamped his papers already. 2 tackles matey? Bye bye.

Yeah, it's strange. Previously, he has always applied manic pressure, throwing himself headlong into every contest possible. That's not happening as yet this season at all.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:40 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Yet another garbage performance dished up by the Pies tonight who seem to be allergic to pressure and intensity when it counts. Being second to the contest, getting smashed at clearances and not scoring goals for two quarters is not going to win you many, if any, games of football and we saw it yet again tonight. Too many passengers drinking their own bathwater who are either not up to the challenge or not fit enough.

What's with our obsession with over using the handball and letting each and every player touch the ball before someone decides to kick the damn thing. We're our own worst enemy. The loss of howe hurt as did sidearse. To think we'll be missing one of our best players still for another 3 weeks cos he decided to drink himself nude really pisses me off. So many of our players need to take a damn hard look at themselves.

The way to beat Collingwood is with pressure and intensity because we don't like it and don't adapt to it well, and by the time we decide to play, the game's over anyway. We've see it two weeks in a row now.

And what's buckley's plan B when the going gets tough?

Look, yes, pressure and intensity is a weapon against any team. I still think, it is not the pressure and intensity per se, it is the mindset/plan we have to deal with it. Buckley's Plan B at the moment is to challenge the boys to play aggressive fast ball movment in the last quarter when we are already 4 goals down. Why wait to then?? That is what I don't get.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:40 pm

Tonight exposed many of our deficiencies.

The forward line structure has collapsed, though it's been declining since last year. 2018 was the year where all our forwards clicked simultaneously with the 'swoop squad' playing a pivotal role in our rise up the ladder. If one of the forwards had a bad day, you could rely on one of Stephenson, Thomas or Hoskin-Elliott to pop up and kick a few goals in a game. When they all clicked, it used to terrify opposition defences.

This team has yet to grasp the ability to play wet weather football successfully. It arguably cost us a spot in the Grand Final last year, and nothing has suggested we've learnt to overcome it. Our obsession with quick handballs was our downfall. We had 155 handballs to Essendon's 99 handballs, which in essence sums up the problem. 48.7% of our disposals were handballs and 36.3% of Essendon's disposals were handballs.

I've lost faith in Cox and think his best days are behind him. He had his big moment in 2018, but I don't think he'll replicate it going forward. One could argue that not having a proper key forward target in the way other strong sides (i.e. Tigers - Riewoldt and Lynch, Eagles - Kennedy and Darling, Giants - Cameron) has been hugely detrimental to us taking that extra step at the top end.

Too many players are down on form. Players such as Crisp, Phillips and WHE are all struggling. The Phillips experiment up forward has to end and he should be shifted back to the wing where he plays his best football.

I was disappointed last year that the list management team were not ruthless enough in their approach. Reid, Varcoe and Beams should have retired. Elliott hasn't fired a shot since his new contract. Wills is not AFL standard, and it's an indictment on Sier that he can't break into the senior team ahead of him.

This could be the best year to have a down year and try some different tactics. I'm treating these games as practice runs for hopefully when the "real" season restarts next year.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:43 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Starting to think now that Buckley wont deliver us another flag.

I was devastated after we blew that 2018 GF.

Starting to wonder how many more chances I will see before I leave this mortal coil.

2018 was the moment we failed to seize.

Just like the Dogs (2016) and Tigers (2017), this should have been our fairytale premiership.

Since then, I think we've been somewhat broken inside.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:44 pm

slangman wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Let it go guys, this year’s done...

I have a friend who has been religiously following the Pies since the late 70’s.
Hasn’t missed many matches in 40 years but decided to not watch tonight’s game.
He’s had enough of the utter crap that this team consistently dishes out.
The Stephenson drama last year nearly broke him....and I think this weeks Sidey stupidity has done it.

Sadly, I’m not far behind him!!!!

40+ fu**ing years to put up with a skilful team that has no spine, desire, heart and fight.

There have been many less talented Collingwood teams, but geez, none that I’ve had less faith in when the going got tough.
Give me the unfashionable 2002 side!!!!

I’ve pretty much given up hope on this team.
A premiership cannot be won without heart.
This team doesn’t have any!!!

You seriously need to talk to Saints and Deeeees fans, saints one flag in bloody 150 yrs, the Deeees no flags since the Beatles came to australia, when i was a young boy. How would u like to be their fans ?? Rolling Eyes Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Some genuine from and centre players would be nice, oh, and some cultural diversity, especially inside F50. That would be handy. No secret that nearly every premiership team (or premiership fancy) over the past decade or so has had at least one (or even a flock) of indigenous or ethnic talent lurking inside F50.

Didak, Leon, Krakeuer, Puopolo, Rioli, Liam Ryan, Stokes, Costagna, Pickett, Cameron, Betts...

Not us under Buckley. We’re as bland and white bread as you could imagine, and play accordingly so.

Are you for real?

Just recruit the best players and win a premiership. I don't care about their ethnic origins or race. If we start recruiting players to fulfill some diversity quota, then I'm done with the club.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 pm

Jezza wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

Starting to wonder how many more chances I will see before I leave this mortal coil.

Just like the Dogs (2016) and Tigers (2017), this should have been our fairytale premiership.

Agreed, we deserved that flag, and got robbed by a maggot who failed to give Maynard a blatant free kick, game takes a whole new direction had that happened, and that wanker eagle gets no shot on goal, That loss broke us i reckon, broke our hearts and the Clubs, it was as bad as 1970, de ja vu, all over again. Crying or Very sad

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:52 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
At least the development of young Daics is a positive. He's taken a big step forward this season I reckon.

Thanks PP for reminding me of a positive to take from this game.

Smile Well, let's see if we can find some more - Stevo improved from last week with a third goal outside of the customary two in the first quarter!
I thought my boy did alright for his first game in ages. Same number of marks as Darcy (4 each) and one more kick, so more disposals Smile Both he and Darcy, we're pinged once each for holding the ball in front of Essendon goal, from ridiculous umpiring decisions that would not have been given last week!!!

I thnk we must remember that Treloar and Shazza have both not played for a very long time, we should cut them some slack. The conditions did not suit Cox, he should not have been picked, or replaced pre game when weather became so foul and wet.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:53 pm

Jezza wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

Yeah, that is a harsh reality you delineate there, but unfortunately alot of truth in it.
We did not look the same last year as in 2018.
Though injuries were an enormous factor in that.
Tonight it seemed clear. We are a "system based team" as Bucks has said. System based means primarily stonewall defence. We have set up a defensive system which rarely allows scoring against us, but we have neglected to keep working on our offensive scoring capabilities. I really think that it is also a question of selection: we can't have both Browns in the team. Both are very young, but neither impacts the game enough, so having both is diabolical. As others have mentioned, Phillips has been really poor this year as well. So he should not be playing a new role, as it is not working. Back to what he did last year on the wing.

Fino 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:16 am

Soft
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 am

To balance some of the negativity.

Maynard redeemed himself from last week's awful performance. He took the game on, busted his way into every contest and actually showed some pride out there.

Daicos has been developing nicely this year. He's had his moments where he fades from games, but I've seen more than enough so far to believe he's worthy of his spot in the senior side. In his fourth year, he's growing into a good footballer.

Fino 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:26 am

Jezza wrote:
To balance some of the negativity.

Maynard redeemed himself from last week's awful performance. He took the game on, busted his way into every contest and actually showed some pride out there.

Daicos has been developing nicely this year. He's had his moments where he fades from games, but I've seen more than enough so far to believe he's worthy of his spot in the senior side. In his fourth year, he's growing into a good footballer.

Daicos improvement has been great to see. Maynard also goes all day. Decision making still needs work. I thought Shaz did well. Midfield embarrassing.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:44 am

Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Some genuine from and centre players would be nice, oh, and some cultural diversity, especially inside F50. That would be handy. No secret that nearly every premiership team (or premiership fancy) over the past decade or so has had at least one (or even a flock) of indigenous or ethnic talent lurking inside F50.

Didak, Leon, Krakeuer, Puopolo, Rioli, Liam Ryan, Stokes, Costagna, Pickett, Cameron, Betts...

Not us under Buckley. We’re as bland and white bread as you could imagine, and play accordingly so.

Are you for real?

Just recruit the best players and win a premiership. I don't care about their ethnic origins or race. If we start recruiting players to fulfill some diversity quota, then I'm done with the club.

Yeah, I am. Every team but us can recognise indigenous talent??? How is that even remotely possible? The law of averages suggests we should have drafted at least ONE talented indigenous player since Leon Davis left. We’re so ahead of the game that we can always identify players who, in our eyes, are better than every indigenous talent who happens to be on the table at our selection time at every draft. Right. Looks like that strategy is working so well for us. You think this has anything to do with a diversity quota??? It has EVERYTHING to do with talent, and we appear to blinkered or ‘ahead of the game’ to recognise it.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:53 am

There's a lot of talk about Grundy's connection with the midfield but no one has suggested what to do about it.

He can only get the hit-out, it's then up to the midfield to grab it. Grundy can't do everything.

We have had the same midfield coach for years now and constantly see the same results. Now I'm not saying Harvey is the ONLY reason, but enough is enough. He has had his chance. Move him on.

And for God's sake recruit a tall forward. This would make one hell of a difference. Just imagine if we had not royally stuffed up with Lynch, the impact he would have.

Just my 2 cents.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:18 am

jatsad wrote:
There's a lot of talk about Grundy's connection with the midfield but no one has suggested what to do about it.

He can only get the hit-out, it's then up to the midfield to grab it. Grundy can't do everything.

We have had the same midfield coach for years now and constantly see the same results. Now I'm not saying Harvey is the ONLY reason, but enough is enough. He has had his chance. Move him on.

And for God's sake recruit a tall forward. This would make one hell of a difference. Just imagine if we had not royally stuffed up with Lynch, the impact he would have.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, alternatives have been suggested. Cox to go main ruck in the centre much more oftan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: