Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies rumble Roos - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone doubts how good we are (not just today) I insist you listen to the press conference of the losing coach.

These are the games where you get an opportunity to destroy the self belief of an opposition team and scare the rest of the competition. If you do it often enough you stamp your authority on the whole competition and win the mental game before you walk on the field in September.

The ultimate is to be so ruthless and consistent in your performance that everyone else resigns themselves to trying to finish second. This is what I'm hoping we can achieve in the next 8 games.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 am

perthmagpie wrote:
If anyone doubts how good we are (not just today) I insist you listen to the press conference of the losing coach.

These are the games where you get an opportunity to destroy the self belief of an opposition team and scare the rest of the competition. If you do it often enough you stamp your authority on the whole competition and win the mental game before you walk on the field in September.

The ultimate is to be so ruthless and consistent in your performance that everyone else resigns themselves to trying to finish second. This is what I'm hoping we can achieve in the next 8 games.

Loved Brad Scott's interview.

It went something like this. This is only from memory. "They are a bloody good side, they take your strengths away and on the return they punish you with devastating effects"

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:55 am

Someone mentioned Bally didn't play his usual game.

A great facet of this team is when this occurs, someone steps up.

Today (yesterday) it was Jarryd Blair.

What a game he played. 11 kicks, 8 handballs, 11 tackles and 3 goals.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:59 am

Ball was average for his standards but I just think he didn't need to go in as hard as usual because Collingwood had the ball so much.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:31 am

Doc63 wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
Yet I was bored to tears. It seems to only be a great game against a worthwhile opponent these days (like next week!) Damn you Collingwood.

Who wants close games anymore? Give me more blowouts Collingwood. I want more please sir!

I'm as hungry as our players for a 15 goal bashing of our number one most hated enemy. Laughing

Bingo!!

Anyone who endured the horror of "The Shaw Years" could not possibly be bored with what we are doing to the opposition every week now.

I wish we could win by 100 point every week, including the Grand Final.

Yah - me too. Every every mark is a magic moment, every goal a celebration, every win something to savour and every flag another victory for good in the eternal struggle against evil.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Best Collingwood side since 1927-30- Ron Barassi said so. !

Barassi might not have said that had Ted Hopkins not played in 1970.

All the same, it is a great time to be a Collingwood tragic. Having followed them since 1962, seen 5 losing GFs (66, 70, 77, 77 and 80) and zero GF wins, witnessed the biggest GF final losing margin (v Tigers 1980) (only alleviated slightly by Melb going down by more to the Squawks in 1988) and seen them collect their first ever wooden spoon (alleviated quite a bit when Scum emulated that achievement), I am savouring every moment of these happy days.

It reminds me of the rise of Baggy Greens in 1994 after the long and difficult post-Lillee/Marsh/Chappell era. It won't last so we have to plunder these days for every ounce of enjoyment. And don't worry about offending other teams - they didn't hesitate to slag us during the hard times, and they won't hold back in future.

Call me smug, call me arrogant, call me a smart-arse, call me insufferable, it's just water off a mudlark's back. I'm just looking at the scoreboard.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Interesting we broke a record from 1937, the last time Collingwood went back to back Wink

As for the Mick talking up the Roos, lets not forget he talked up Hawthorn last week Laughing

So what do you reckon he will say about the Blueblouses this week?

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 am

Moved back to Melb last week and this was the first match attended at the MCG for 6 years. The last time I was there the northern stand was still under construction. Gee it was great to be back at the great stadium!

This is an amazing time to be a Collingwood supporter! I no longer go to a game hoping to win but now go expecting to win!

I don't know if this is arrogance but this team instils so much confidence in one’s self!

Great game unfortunately will have to miss next week’s block buster annihilation of the scum due to a family reunion.

BARRACK HARD!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 am

magical stuff, Blairy , Swan, Thomas , Pendles , Chopper take your pick, all ripped it from the scruff of the neck. Very enjoyable to see Lee Roy deliver the 100 point death blow on his old club who discarded him, eat poodle droppings brayshaw!

www.facebook/the hybernators
35reasons 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 am

Anyone who endured the horror of "The Shaw Years" could not possibly be bored with what we are doing to the opposition every week now.

i think they were better termed the "unshaw" years. nor room for jason wild or stephen patterson in our current line-up!!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:02 am

Greening gold wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Interesting we broke a record from 1937, the last time Collingwood went back to back Wink

As for the Mick talking up the Roos, lets not forget he talked up Hawthorn last week Laughing

So what do you reckon he will say about the Blueblouses this week?

Last week was not what we expect of Carlton, they are a genuine premiership contender and we wont take them lightly... Laughing
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:03 am

Jezza wrote:
London Dave wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

We lost the GF in 37

We went back to back in 35 and 36.

Still though, we broke a record against these losers. Cool

Ok then, that will teach me to listen to the old man and not check facts again
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 am

Still how long? By "we" do you mean you and me?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 am

Anyone for Tennis?

Last 3 qtrs.....

6-1 6-1 6-0

spike 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:16 pm

I had a great time watching the game on 7mate up here in Sydney, but I wouldn't take too much from it. The Shiteboners stopped competing after quarter time, so we didn't have any option but to go on with it. If we'd gone into cruise mode like we did after half time last week, we'd have had a still-life composition.
Still, a win like this even against shite will put the wind up the others. We probably won't do it so easily against Fold Coast because I think they'll at least keep trying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: