Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A hot hotel’s water sprinkler system goes off forcing evacuation. I blame Daniel Andrews for this.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/coronavirus-updates-live-victoria-enters-fourth-day-of-lockdown-covid-19-cases-worldwide-pass-109-million-20210216-p572sn.html

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:56 am

Well, I do blame him for using inappropriate hotels in the first place.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 am

watt price tully wrote:
So far so good. Cool heads prevailing in Victoria despite the cacophony of henny-penny’s all around the place.

Low numbers so far with very high testing numbers. A responsible government not only preventing spread but not exporting the virus interstate.

Don't hold your breath. There's hundreds or thousands of people in isolation in other states who went through the cafe in terminal 4. It will be good luck rather than good management if none of them test positive.

And don't forget, the Crossroads outbreak in NSW last year was Dan exporting the virus up north

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:37 pm

David wrote:
Anyone reckon we'll be out of this on Thursday? It's not 0 new cases, but it doesn't exactly look like a massive outbreak, either...

Well we’re in the exact same position we were in when they decided to lockdown the entire state unnecessarily so who knows what they’ll do!!!

I do love how low numbers and all cases in people already isolated before the lockdown is proof it’s working rather than proof it was completely unnecessary according the fanbois though!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Another question is whether an end to the five-day lockdown means going straight back to how things were beforehand (i.e. masks indoors + restrictions on gatherings) or whether it'll be more of a gradual ease.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm

I may have missed something, but someone was complaining to me today about having to wear a mask on their morning walk. I haven't looked up the restrictions cos I'm not there, but surely not?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:00 pm

watt price tully wrote:
A hot hotel’s water sprinkler system goes off forcing evacuation. I blame Daniel Andrews for this.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/coronavirus-updates-live-victoria-enters-fourth-day-of-lockdown-covid-19-cases-worldwide-pass-109-million-20210216-p572sn.html

When you keep pissing down people's backs and telling them it's raining, sooner or later stuff will get wet. Razz

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I may have missed something, but someone was complaining to me today about having to wear a mask on their morning walk. I haven't looked up the restrictions cos I'm not there, but surely not?

Oh yeah, they’ve brought back that little gem despite even Sutton saying there is no health advice to support it...

I’ve continued doing what I did last week, mask on inside only, off as soon as I walk outside the shops doors.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Yep, masks everywhere at the moment. Sad hoping that’s the first thing to go on Thursday! (Note I don’t have a strong opinion on the benefits or lack thereof of wearing masks outside, I just hate having to do it.)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:26 pm

I'm going to say this just once and I am not going to come back to it.

I am an asthmatic. I hate wearing the mask because it genuinely affects my breathing and restricts what I can do. I do not like that. Nevertheless - simply because it is the right thing to do by everybody else - I wear it everywhere I am required to wear it, without demur. I hope that restriction goes promptly but - unless and until it does - I will continue to wear it. And I most sincerely wish others would, too.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:40 pm

The CHO of Victoria says wearing a mask outdoors is unnecessary so I’ll do what Dan claims to do and follow the health advice.

But **** they’d better come off indoors again damn soon, getting sick of places getting my order wrong!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:01 pm

I'm really enjoying no masks at all up here. When I do come back to Vic , I'll comply with mask rules in shops but I won't wear a mask outside when I'm able to maintain a distance from others. That's just a dumb rule and I don't obey dumb rules.

In the meantime NSW has 30 days with no local transmission and no active community cases despite doing all the heavy lifting with hotel quarantine for the country

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:19 pm

The latest strain of the China virus that is so much more infectious has so far infected 0.45% of all close contacts. How will Victoria’s contact tracers ever keep up with such a wildly infectious strain?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm going to say this just once and I am not going to come back to it.

I am an asthmatic. I hate wearing the mask because it genuinely affects my breathing and restricts what I can do. I do not like that. Nevertheless - simply because it is the right thing to do by everybody else - I wear it everywhere I am required to wear it, without demur. I hope that restriction goes promptly but - unless and until it does - I will continue to wear it. And I most sincerely wish others would, too.

Simply agree with every word. I too have related reasons that makes wearing a mask a horrible experience for me but really I see it as a no brainer. My mother is 89 and if I wander around without a mask and become infected without knowing it, I have a real fear that I will infect her leading to her death. I would want to bloody behead any arsehole who blatantly goes around without a mask and infects my mother leading to her passing. This is serious when you have elderly folk you love and care about, it’s not a frigging joke😡

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 pm

If people start getting infected whilst walking through the car park or when outside walking by themselves which never even happened in Victoria’s second wave, then we’ve got much bigger problems than mask wearing!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 59 of 200   

Jump to: