Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ That's the problem with Aussie kids: no get up and go. These guys should be ashamed of themselves. Like my Dad always used to say, it doesn't matter what you do in life, as long as you succeed.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Also, if you stop to think about it, targeting the Paramatta Court House suggests that some of these kids lack a broader perspective. At least Pierre Bezukhov wanted to shoot Napoleon.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:32 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^^ That's the problem with Aussie kids: no get up and go. These guys should be ashamed of themselves. Like my Dad always used to say, it doesn't matter what you do in life, as long as you succeed.

Unless of course you succeed at being a loser.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:41 pm

^^^ Point taken.

Another of his favourite sayings is still the following retort: "I'm a complete loser." - "No you're not - nobody's perfect."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:08 pm

^

Which is why when I meet stuck up people who ask me who I am, I reply "I'm Nobody". Cool

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
It's a lot easier to monitor nutters if you have control of your borders!

Seven arrested as police foil planned Christmas Day terror attack in Melbourne

Police said these men were Australian-born and in their 20s - except for one Egyptian-born man. Police said some had a Lebanese background.

Chief Commissioner Ashton said police executed search warrants in Flemington, Meadow Heights, Dallas, Campbellfield and Gladstone Park overnight.

The raid found evidence an improvised explosive device was being constructed

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/seven-arrested-as-police-foil-planned-christmas-day-terror-attack-in-melbourne-20161222-gtgz90.html

Seven people were arrested overnight at properties in Flemington, Meadow Heights and Dallas in Melbourne over the alleged plot, which police said was inspired by the Islamic State (IS) group

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/seven-held-over-alleged-christmas-day-terrorist-plot-in-melbourne/ar-BBxsuoy?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=HPCDHP

Wow... what a surprise Rolling Eyes

Letting all this <snip> in will eventually lead to massive bloodshed on our shores.
The bleeding hearts are responsible for this.

Well I suppose you didn't directly blame David for this.

I blame it on ignorance & the politics of hate.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkBS4zUjJZo
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Police said these men were Australian-born and in their 20s - except for one Egyptian-born man. Police said some had a Lebanese background.

Chief Commissioner Ashton said police executed search warrants in Flemington, Meadow Heights, Dallas, Campbellfield and Gladstone Park overnight.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/seven-arrested-as-police-foil-planned-christmas-day-terror-attack-in-melbourne-20161222-gtgz90.html

Seven people were arrested overnight at properties in Flemington, Meadow Heights and Dallas in Melbourne over the alleged plot, which police said was inspired by the Islamic State (IS) group

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/seven-held-over-alleged-christmas-day-terrorist-plot-in-melbourne/ar-BBxsuoy?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=HPCDHP

Letting all this <snip> in will eventually lead to massive bloodshed on our shores.

Police are currently questioning a vague abstraction about the matter.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Yes, because International Capital snuck away from the scene, as usual, to murder the poor, hungry and homeless by the millions.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:24 am

Correction : Police are currently questioning an even vaguer abstraction. No detection or patrols were required on this occasion and any resemblance to actual persons or groups making bombs for use on crowded streets was purely coincidental.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

The police have arrested the 1960's - so much more specific.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Correction : Police are currently questioning an even vaguer abstraction. No detection or patrols were required on this occasion and any resemblance to actual persons or groups making bombs for use on crowded streets was purely coincidental.

Correction: Police do what they're asked to do such as arrest alleged perpetrators of crime & good luck to them.

The last time I looked Police don't explain why things occur. It seems the responses you've provided are consistent with police behaviour.

Hate & ignorance are necessary but not sufficient factors to explain such behaviour.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

....................H

But irrelevant, since I have never blamed Islamic extremism on the 1960s. You also claimed in an earlier post that I blamed the Left for Islamic extremism, which is also untrue. Islamic extremism is a perversion arising from the shape and structure of Islam, which has a lot of violence in ts core texts reflecting the harsh and militarised environment from which it sprang 1400 years ago. This is the ethos being centrifuged out of failing, violent and misogynistic societies such as Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq et al.

How this archaic Arab religion came to be murdering children on our streets and slaughtering our satirical journalists is another matter, for which the modern multi-culti Left should bear considerable responsibility, though it will doubtless be untroubled by such inadmissible thoughts. Admonitions against ignorance and hate, however heartfelt, do not take us too far in dealing with a murderous and cancerous ideology which does not share our hand-wringing. Recognising the source, naming it, and acting to contain it within our frayed traditions of liberty and tolerance is all that can be done, at this point.

Last edited by Mugwump on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:33 am; edited 3 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:24 pm

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

....................H

But irrelevant, since I have never blamed Islamic extremism on the 1960s. You also claimed in an earlier post that I blamed the Left for Islamic extremism, which is also untrue. Islamic extremism is a perversion arising from the shape and structure of Islam, which has a lot of violence in ts core texts reflecting the harsh and militarised environment from which it sprang 1400 years ago. This is the ethos being centrifuged out of failing, violent and misogynistic societies such as Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq et al.

How this archaic Arab religion came to be murdering children on our streets and slaughtering our satirical journalists is another matter, for which the modern multi-culti Left should bear considerable responsibility, though it will doubtless be untroubled by such inadmissible thoughts. ......

With all due respect, the modern multi cul left should bear considerable responsibility for the the actions of Islamist / jihadist fanatics? That belongs to the WTF thread. Simply making scatter gun simplistic apportioning of blame for your hobby horse ...left blaming is no substitute for reason.

1. Immigration policies in Australia at least are (more or less) bipartisan. To suggest, imply or infer that it is of the left or a section of the the left is self serving nonsense

2. At times of economic & social uncertainty scapegoating is invariably the pattern of behaviour one expects (I should know) - blaming of the other.

3. None of 1 or 2 above does not mean the left, right, middle & other can't examine & evaluate immigration policies of the past. But to say one part of the left somehow has considerable responsibility for the bombings of 9/11, 7/7 and Paris etc. appears shrill.

4. Had the US not been so stupid & greedy in the invasion of Iraq & instead worked with the Baathists to keep some institutions of government then we would not be in half the mess we are in now.

5. Had the US not funded the Pakistani's & mujaheddin so well then the Taliban would not be so powerful a position as they are now.

6. (4 & 5) above do not mean that the US alone is to blame. They do however mean that there are a number of reasons to explain why the Salalfist Jihadi nutters (one form of Salafism to which you allude) can go about their deplorable business to day.

7. Inextricably related to 6 above is how can we allow in Australia (& worse in the UK) the preachers extremism for want of another term & the recruiters of young impressionable males mostly to listen / be influenced by the preachers of hate & ignorance. To simply blame the left might make the extreme right feel good about itself but does nothing to further debate & misses an opportunity for serious consideration of the issues - it's on par with idiots who yell out fascist at the earliest opportunity.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:24 am

Not long now and we too will be shopping like the poms.

BOXING DAY TERROR THREAT: Sales shoppers guarded by armed and undercover police

HUNDREDS of armed and plain clothes police officers will be patrolling busy high streets and shopping centres across the UK in a bid to prevent a terror attack over the festive season.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/747311/Boxing-Day-sales-terror-threat-police-guarding-Oxford-Street-Westfield-after-Berlin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 54 of 105   

Jump to: