Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 21 - Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a like-for-like replacement of Adams with regard to his toughness and strength at the contested ball in the maelstrom of the center clearance battles. So we have a few options to consider which in order of my preference;
1. Finlay Macrae - Has been doing OK in the VFL and I'm hoping that he will benefit from a step-up in standard to be able to maintain the sort of procession count he has been achieving in the VFL. Still a bit slight and lighter than he would like, but has the disposal skills that put him slightly ahead imo than Tyler Brown.
2. Tyler Brown - Hasn't done a lot wrong this year, apart from failing to have a breakout game that stamps him as a AFL standard player, however he has been leading the VFL on-ball team and now has a big enough body to be able to impact at AFL clearances. He is probably a safer selection than Macrae in that he will compete harder, I just have some questions on his disposal efficiency.
3. Josh Carmichael - Has been a game winner in a couple of games already with great conversion from strong marks in the forward 50. Lots to like about our super-sub of the last two weeks with plenty of upside likely after a decent pre-season. The only reason I have him behind F.Macrae and T.Brown is that he appears "one-paced" i.e. not quick and I haven't seen enough of his disposal from the bottom of packs to know if his vision is as good as the above two. Size and running tank appear to be strengths of Josh so hopefully he can make up for any suspect pace and vision deficit's by continuing to hit the scoreboard.
4. Callum Brown - Historically I always thought that Callum would be the ideal replacement for Adams, but his lack of kicking ability almost always lets him, and the team, down at AFL level. Certainly tough enough to be competitive at the center clearances but just seems to be lacking the finishing class to be consistently playing AFL level. Pity because I love the romance of Gavin's boys doing as well as the two Daicos boys have done this year, but I suspect that this may be Callum's last year on our list.
5. Caleb Poulter - A great disappointment in the lack of his development this year but hopefully its just a case of 2nd year blues. He is not a like-for-like replacement of Adams but could play the "outside" wing position to allow either or both Sidebottom and Josh Daicos to play more in the center role of Adams.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:11 pm

Carmicheal ive heard from sources is the man to take on the Adams role is not McRae or Beau McCreery.

Did not like the headline in the age newspaer says top 4 blow for the magpies. Adams out injured.

The Age seams to have written us off due to the Adams injury.

Got to bring in Grundy and Michocek.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:12 pm

Facebook isn't a source.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:13 pm

A good summary analysis Boot.

I reckon Carmy will get the call up to replace Adams, requiring JDG to spend more time in the midfield. If not, then Macrae for mine. Bianco will be unlucky, but probably will be the injury sub, to make way for Checkers.

Reckon Grundy might play one more week in the ressies, to have him cherry ripe to face Sydney on the smaller SCG.

For some reason I'm quietly confident we will win by 3-4 goals. We have had the wood over these toffs for a few years now and I see no reason for that not to continue. One thing's for sure, this game will demonstrate whether we are genuine contenders or pretenders. Pies by 22 points.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:18 pm

Like JDG to play as a half forward and play up the ground and play as an outside forward flanker and play as a good marking option up forward.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:41 pm

I think we need him in the guts 90. Especially with Taylor out
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Callum Brown is surely first in line

Surely you jest?

We seem to lose every time Cal Brown plays. I hate to be negative about any of our players, but imo he just doesn't have the skill-set required for senior footy. He is a goer for sure, and in the VFL is able to perform very well, but his skill deficiencies get found out at in the AFL.

I'd much rather Carmichael replace Adams, or else Macrae.

Macrae is 19, are we sure he is physically up for what may well be a 4 week finals series? Is Carmichael fit enough? We have to acknowledge our limitations, the Brown boys are at least AFL hardened
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:15 pm

That's a fair argument Ronnie, but for what it's worth Fly recently described Carmichael as "an aerobic beast", so I don't think there's any reason to think he lacks the engine to play out games.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:30 pm

I dont think we can cover Adams its a case of a shuffleing around but we are good at that i think we are well experianced at this.

Just a case of rotations.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:41 pm

Good thing about Ginny is that he does not rely on these high tackle free kicks anyway. He can actually play good footy with out the free kicks anyway.
He i think Ginny has more strings to his bow apart from playing for free kicks.
Not like alot of other players in the afl.
He kicks goals with the frees anyway.
Ginny mate keep up the good work mate.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:47 pm

90, someone is using your name to post.

I know it's not you, as s/he uses punctuation and upper case letters. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Lol 😆
True dat! However if it’s you 90, well done dude 👍🏽

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:17 pm

Why not McCreery, disposal isn't too bad and is a bull, why not play him in the middle to give De Goey a spell and give him some confidence along with more of the footy?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:53 pm

Out Grundy now did his ankle at the end of a training drill
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:51 pm

Seriously, you joking or what Surprised Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: