Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how you never hear any Leaders from Russia or China getting Covid.

They probably already have the Cure and 100% Working Vaccines

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:10 pm

Much more likely they're better at keeping such news under wraps.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:17 pm

David wrote:
Much more likely they're better at keeping such news under wraps.

That is another Possiblity

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:06 pm

David wrote:
^ Well, they said the same about Trump but he turned out fine. So long as they get Clive on whatever top-secret experimental cures they were pumping him full of, I'm sure he'll be back on his feet in no time!

There's a few anti viral medications approved for use in Aus which are currently being used to treat patients in hospitals. No need for experimental cocktails.

https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/managing-covid-19/covid-19-medication

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:00 pm

Nationally:

2072 in hospital,
157 in ICU
36 on ventilators

All numbers continuing the steady downward trend. On February 1 the numbers were 4954, 375 and 129.

Deaths as expected are also declining.

No masks from tomorrow.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:59 pm

It's relative, of course.

Most hospitalisations from COVID from the start of the pandemic up to 31 December 2021: 1,551. Today 2,072.

Most deaths recorded on any day in 2021: 27. Today: 28.

Most deaths from COVID recorded in any 7-day period from the start of the pandemic up to 31 December 2021: 155. In the last week: 262.

It's true that it's all "less worse" than it was. But it isn't good.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:00 pm

think positive wrote:
to be fair the ‘nothing would change in your ideal world’ would elicit sarcasm from me too!

Also, I have not seen P4S asking for lock downs, just common sense! Masks etc.

I really don’t get the bitching about them! Think of firefighters, doctors nurses, us deaf people! Why is it so hard?

Firefighter masks are a lot more bearable than what you’re supposed to wear for Covid and they don’t have to wear them all day long!

But we have common sense and masks and that’s when deaths were going up that P4S is complaining about, so I’m still curious what these restrictions that were lifted that he wants back that would have changed everything? But not a lockdown…
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Also worthwhile considering that the Omicron wave took off while mask wearing was mandatory inside and has continued to fall as restrictions have been relaxed.

Normal surgical masks don't offer much protection against Omicron, to get proper protection you need a fitted N95 mask or equivalent and proper infection control technique.

In most cases, the reusable cloth masks that I and others wear are practically useless because of how we use them.

You put it on to go into a shop, fiddle with it constantly, then when you walk out you take it off, put it in your pocket or handbag and repeat the process at the next shop. None of that is conducive to protecting against infection.

How many people would regularly properly sterilise their cloth masks?

I wash them after every use, can’t stand the though of reusing a dirty mask.

But I do a risk assessment, if I think it’s high I wear the n95, if it’s solely for compliance it’s the cloth mask, if I don’t want to waste an n95 then it’s the cloth with filter. But work mandates surgical masks only allowed.

But 3 more hours and it’s all done, for now. We just did a massive restock at work of masks before the announcement so at least we are ready for when Dan changes his mind again.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:16 pm

A sane note on masks from one of the epidemiologists you all like so much:

Quote:
Clinical epidemiologist, surgeon and head of Population and Global Health at the University of Melbourne, Professor Nancy Baxter, said mask mandates work and should be "one of the last" restrictions to be relaxed.

"And relaxing other things that more directly impact the economy makes sense," she said.

Hospitality restrictions will be further relaxed in SA this weekend, with dancing and stand-up drinking allowed in certain situations.

Professor Baxter said while she did not expect "another huge spike of cases" in states that have relaxed mask mandates, she predicted that cases "would go up somewhat" or would plateau rather than continuing to decline.

"We saw this happening in Victoria when we opened up after the Delta wave," she said.

"We opened up at a really high case number and whenever the cases would start to come down, we'd relax another restriction, so we ended up plateauing at about 1,000 cases a day of Delta and that led to continued high level of hospitalisation from COVID and deaths from COVID as well."

Professor Baxter said while mask mandates will not be around forever, there were good reasons to still wear them.

"Even when mask mandates are relaxed it doesn't mean the recommendation for mask wearing is gone," she said.

"So what I really don't like seeing is messages like 'ditch the mask' or 'smiles are back' because masks are still recommended and many people may continue to wear masks and it's really important we allow them to do so and don't shame them or pressure them to take their masks off.

"Masks still work and masks are still needed."

"They're just not so critically needed that we have to require them by law."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-25/sa-records-1714-new-covid-cases-and-two-more-deaths/100859706
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:46 pm

i went to cosco today, noy crowded, heaps of people had already ditched their masks, not me!! i even ran into my old neighbour and her sister, kept mine on. its common fricken sense!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:02 pm

I went to Greensborough Plaza this morning, very tasty Shakshuka with Chirozo, crusty toast, a coffee and an OJ for bunch and put Tatts on.

A surprising number of people wearing masks. Not a majority but still a fair number.

If you choose to wear a mask when you aren't required to, more power to you, but FFS either wear it properly or don't bother. Wearing it under the nose, or worse as a chin strap, is just taking the P155

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:00 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
to be fair the ‘nothing would change in your ideal world’ would elicit sarcasm from me too!

I really don’t get the bitching about them! Think of firefighters, doctors nurses, us deaf people! Why is it so hard?

Firefighter masks are a lot more bearable than what you’re supposed to wear for Covid and they don’t have to wear them all day long!

But we have common sense and masks and that’s when deaths were going up that P4S is complaining about, so I’m still curious what these restrictions that were lifted that he wants back that would have changed everything? But not a lockdown…
No your right, they only have to wear them with about 20 or more kg of clothing, plus their bloody heavy gear, while trying to fight a fire, and sadly they can’t use an elevator, so there’s the stairs to get up! Try that For even half an hour! Doctors in surgery for hours on end! What you got for that??

Seriously that’s just about the dumbest argument yet!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I went to Greensborough Plaza this morning, very tasty Shakshuka with Chirozo, crusty toast, a coffee and an OJ for bunch and put Tatts on.

A surprising number of people wearing masks. Not a majority but still a fair number.

If you choose to wear a mask when you aren't required to, more power to you, but FFS either wear it properly or don't bother. Wearing it under the nose, or worse as a chin strap, is just taking the P155

I was out this Morning too. At IGA/Richies and Bunnings majority of people where wearing the Masks

I sometime wear it under my Chin when I am not close to People but when I do I put it on Properly

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Victorian hospitalisations numbers are at their lowest since September 23 last year.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:30 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:

No your right, they only have to wear them with about 20 or more kg of clothing, plus their bloody heavy gear, while trying to fight a fire, and sadly they can’t use an elevator, so there’s the stairs to get up! Try that For even half an hour! Doctors in surgery for hours on end! What you got for that??

Seriously that’s just about the dumbest argument yet!

I have for 13 years, found them a lot more bearable than surgical masks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 6 of 62   

Jump to: