Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

God I get tired of every concieveable - and most inconcievable threads - being twisted into buckley hate threads.

EVERY single time a new thread is opened it's twisted and I'm just sick to friggin death of the same old sh@t going around and around from the same old people.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:12 pm

thompsoc wrote:
It is worth noting what Peter Ryan said the other day about Bux.

"IT WAS on an end-of-season trip to the US to visit various NFL clubs and college football teams (New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers, and Oregon and Stanford universities) that a light bulb shone for the coach.

Buckley had flown out of Melbourne intending to fill the void left when Leading Teams parted ways with Collingwood at season's end. He had planned to run the 2017 leadership program himself.

The coach had even made a presentation outlining how it would operate and presented it to key decision-makers at the club.

However, during a week at the prestigious Stanford campus in Northern California, when he had full access to observe the school's football program, something changed.

He saw how a team with 105 student athletes on its list relied on delegation, how head coach David Shaw willingly – and by necessity – empowered his assistants and, importantly, his players.

Stanford director of football operations Matt Doyle, who spent time with Buckley and West Coast coach Adam Simpson, told AFL.com.au observations of the program's scope would have reinforced to Buckley that trust in the process of delegation was "essential".

As he sat in the halls of Stanford's state-of-the-art football department, Buckley began to shift his thinking on how Collingwood's leadership program needed to be managed.

He was aware feedback had come from players during the 2016 review that relationships between coaches and players had at times felt forced, an obligation, rather than a source of comfort.

Buckley decided then he would pass control of the leadership program to his players."

Clearly Peter was saying that for the last 5 years Bux was a control freak and wanted to micro manage everything. And the ball finally went in the hole at Standford.
Delegate more and micro manage less.
It took Bux 5 years to work out this basic management tool.
I don't think he is that smart.
I do believe he is the hardest worker around.
I don't think the players love him like Bevo is at the Dogs.
He has respect by most but not much love.
He is too driven to have those flawed but productive relationships which often work in a football club favor.
He reminds me of Greg Norman.
On the golf circuit some players like Steve B worked well with Norman, but others like Faldo couldn't relate at all with him.
Which is one of the reasons why Jordy couldn't come clean with the man.

Think you're reading a little too much into the importance of the coach. I was sitting at a table next to Bevo and his coaching group and all they did was crack jokes and talk small talk. Another ocassion I was sitting next to Richardson and his group and they were deep in discussion on all things relating to coaching matters. My guess is Buckley is somewhere in the middle. As long as he's taking in the latest coaching theories and has an open mind is good enough for me. He doesn't need to be a Rhodes scholar to be successful. Alan Joyce and Tony Jewel aren't the brightest sparks going around, but they happen to be premiership coaches. How would Bevo have gone coaching the current Carlton team? The hardest thing is to rebuild a team from scratch. That's why I think Malthouse was a much better coach in 2005-2006 than when he won the premiership in 2010.
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:22 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

"IT WAS on an end-of-season trip to the US to visit various NFL clubs and college football teams (New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers, and Oregon and Stanford universities) that a light bulb shone for the coach.

Buckley had flown out of Melbourne intending to fill the void left when Leading Teams parted ways with Collingwood at season's end. He had planned to run the 2017 leadership program himself.

The coach had even made a presentation outlining how it would operate and presented it to key decision-makers at the club.

However, during a week at the prestigious Stanford campus in Northern California, when he had full access to observe the school's football program, something changed.

He saw how a team with 105 student athletes on its list relied on delegation, how head coach David Shaw willingly – and by necessity – empowered his assistants and, importantly, his players.

Stanford director of football operations Matt Doyle, who spent time with Buckley and West Coast coach Adam Simpson, told AFL.com.au observations of the program's scope would have reinforced to Buckley that trust in the process of delegation was "essential".

As he sat in the halls of Stanford's state-of-the-art football department, Buckley began to shift his thinking on how Collingwood's leadership program needed to be managed.

He was aware feedback had come from players during the 2016 review that relationships between coaches and players had at times felt forced, an obligation, rather than a source of comfort.

Buckley decided then he would pass control of the leadership program to his players."

Clearly Peter was saying that for the last 5 years Bux was a control freak and wanted to micro manage everything. And the ball finally went in the hole at Standford.
He is too driven to have those flawed but productive relationships which often work in a football club favor.
On the golf circuit some players like Steve B worked well with Norman, but others like Faldo couldn't relate at all with him.

Think you're reading a little too much into the importance of the coach. I was sitting at a table next to Bevo and his coaching group and all they did was crack jokes and talk small talk. Another ocassion I was sitting next to Richardson and his group and they were deep in discussion on all things relating to coaching matters. My guess is Buckley is somewhere in the middle. As long as he's taking in the latest coaching theories and has an open mind is good enough for me. He doesn't need to be a Rhodes scholar to be successful. Alan Joyce and Tony Jewel aren't the brightest sparks going around, but they happen to be premiership coaches. How would Bevo have gone coaching the current Carlton team? The hardest thing is to rebuild a team from scratch. That's why I think Malthouse was a much better coach in 2005-2006 than when he won the premiership in 2010.

Malthouse had a better team of assistants behind him in 2010 who made the difference. Scott Watters & Mark Neeld became coaches in their own right, he also had Max Hudgton who gave the club valuable IP from Ross Lyon and he also had Luke Beveridge as a development manager.

Beverdige coached a team in the VAFA from D Grade and won the C, B & A Grade flags in successive years. A feat never done. He then went to Collingwood & was poached by Clarkson and was vital behind flags there. He either has to be very lucky or just he is extremely gifted coaching wise.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
Bomber Thompson made some good points on 360. Said teams have to have trouble makers and players with some 'shit' in them. Said it is wrong of Buckley to assume every player is perfect off the field because a team of boring robots will never be successful.

The Sydney Swans No Dickhead Policy says HELLO!!!!

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Bomber Thompson made some good points on 360. Said teams have to have trouble makers and players with some 'shit' in them. Said it is wrong of Buckley to assume every player is perfect off the field because a team of boring robots will never be successful.

There's no evidence that Bucks expects every player to be perfect. He applauded Swanny for "doing it his way", though he wouldn't advise other players to follow the same path. This crap put out by Bomber Thomson and others, suggesting that Bucks is an inflexible robot, devoid of compassion and emotional understanding of different players is pure crap. Sure it fits the caricature of Bucks, but I don't buy it. It's the view put out there by jealous individuals like Bomber Thomson whose career in football was ended by his involvement in the drugs fiasco. He is one bitter and twisted individual imo.

Bomber is as relaxed as someone can possibly get. He just sold parts of land in Geelong and pocketed over $7 million. No one is doubting that Buckley has empathy devoid of compassion, he is a human and a parent after all.

The recent article by Peter Ryan on Buckley is excellent. It shows that a lot of intangible factors haven't come naturally for him and he is still learning to deal with these issues. There have always been knocks on Buckley and how he relates to footballers who aren't perfect since day 1 as a player. The recent De Goey case is a brilliant example as De Goey is wild off the field.

Jordan has a lot of talent and for some reason, in his 3rd year, he appears to be at the crossroads in his career. A range of factors including his approach offfield, the envrionment he is in and what influence Buckley has on him are all contributing factors to where he sits now.

I know Gubby through a mutual connection. At the end of last year, he sat down with every player to get a sense of the envrionment. The general view is the players don't mind Buckley but they don't love him unconditionally. That explains why some players like De Goey might be taking advantage of this dynamic.

Hey Mr School Teacher, you've picked the wrong "envrionment" (twice) to come sprout your crap. We all know you're lying, so don't give us your "dog ate my homework" (lame analogy) bullshit.

Go Pies!!

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

Im confused.
Are you saying Sydney might be looking for a senior coach, or they wouldn't take DeGoey?
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

There's no evidence that Bucks expects every player to be perfect. He applauded Swanny for "doing it his way", though he wouldn't advise other players to follow the same path. This crap put out by Bomber Thomson and others, suggesting that Bucks is an inflexible robot, devoid of compassion and emotional understanding of different players is pure crap. Sure it fits the caricature of Bucks, but I don't buy it. It's the view put out there by jealous individuals like Bomber Thomson whose career in football was ended by his involvement in the drugs fiasco. He is one bitter and twisted individual imo.

Bomber is as relaxed as someone can possibly get. He just sold parts of land in Geelong and pocketed over $7 million. No one is doubting that Buckley has empathy devoid of compassion, he is a human and a parent after all.

The recent article by Peter Ryan on Buckley is excellent. It shows that a lot of intangible factors haven't come naturally for him and he is still learning to deal with these issues. There have always been knocks on Buckley and how he relates to footballers who aren't perfect since day 1 as a player. The recent De Goey case is a brilliant example as De Goey is wild off the field.

Jordan has a lot of talent and for some reason, in his 3rd year, he appears to be at the crossroads in his career. A range of factors including his approach offfield, the envrionment he is in and what influence Buckley has on him are all contributing factors to where he sits now.

I know Gubby through a mutual connection. At the end of last year, he sat down with every player to get a sense of the envrionment. The general view is the players don't mind Buckley but they don't love him unconditionally. That explains why some players like De Goey might be taking advantage of this dynamic.

Hey Mr School Teacher, you've picked the wrong "envrionment" (twice) to come sprout your crap. We all know you're lying, so don't give us your "dog ate my homework" (lame analogy) bullshit.

Go Pies!!

I hate autocorrect!
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

Do you think Sydney have a team of choir boys? Their best 2 players are the biggest dickheads off the field in the AFL.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sydneys-dan-hannebery-warned-about-offfield-behaviour-20140319-hvkiy.html

Quote:
Sydney officials warned Dan Hannebery in December about his off-field behaviour after becoming concerned about repeated reports linked to the young All-Australian midfielder.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:51 pm

^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

After I met Bomber at a local Sportsman's night fundraiser last year, he would be the very last person I would ever listen to. Read between the lines if you can but the best way I can put it is that he was most definitely not himself that night. Exclamation

Yep, I've read between the lines about Bomber for a while as well.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

It fairly clear that Bevo has the right mix of qualities a coach requires to be successful.

People questioning Bux right now are not Buckley haters on this board. They are just questioning whether Bux has the right mix of qualities to be successful. How far off is Bux from Bevo? That's the question. Looks like he is improving but will it happen fast enough. Exciting first 8 weeks in any case.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.

So he's a PE teacher? Razz Wink

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Punching a bloke at anytime isn't the smartest move but doing it one week before the start of the season is just plain dumb and unprofessional.

I'm not sure what is worse de Goey punching someone when drunk or punching someone sober which he states he was apparently.

It's about time these footballers realise it's there job to be professional athletes in all areas of there life and sacrifices to there social life must be made in season.

Plenty of ordinary people do that every week by working night shifts, starting before dawn or on a weekend.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Enough of this players have to love the coach crap. Don't think the Hawks hug Clarko too much. But because Bevo has that relationship and they win the premiership that's the only way to do it apparently...
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

So he's a PE teacher? Razz Wink

Yep....and a Christian Brother to boot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 48 of 301   

Jump to: