Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but Richmond are a professional, ruthless Club, run by a very good Board, with Gale and that Peggy lady. Look at how they handled those two young blokes and their kebab fiasco, when season ends they may sack them. We, on the other hand, have a weak kneed Board, and a yes man President, who has been there far too long. We are not professional or ruthless, Eddie is well past his use by date, as is Walsh. Embarassed

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 am

Ruthless? I hear that word thrown around a lot but can anyone expand on what being ruthless looks like in practice, apart from sacking players who transgress?
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:29 am

David,

Fair enough about your point one. Haven't we all been picked up by the police when out for a walk early in the morning while drunk and naked? How else do you get to work?

He's not still one of our best players though. His performance has been tapering for the last couple of seasons. His loss will be felt far less than if we had lost some of the far more important players. He can't go forward and kick goals like he did earlier in his career and he can't shake the taggers. Seven kicks in the 2018 GF and 9 kicks in the 2019 PF is enough evidence from that. Forget about him, move on with the season but cut him from the leadership group over the summer. He's entitled to do what he has done, but he's not a leader. A leader must lead both on and off the field. He fails on both counts.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:49 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
David,

Fair enough about your point one. Haven't we all been picked up by the police when out for a walk early in the morning while drunk and naked? How else do you get to work?

He's not still one of our best players though. His performance has been tapering for the last couple of seasons. His loss will be felt far less than if we had lost some of the far more important players. He can't go forward and kick goals like he did earlier in his career and he can't shake the taggers. Seven kicks in the 2018 GF and 9 kicks in the 2019 PF is enough evidence from that. Forget about him, move on with the season but cut him from the leadership group over the summer. He's entitled to do what he has done, but he's not a leader. A leader must lead both on and off the field. He fails on both counts.

sigh,

those were the days, getting old sux!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am

You’re confusing the salacious part of the story with the actual reason he was suspended, which was about getting into a taxi and visiting Wells. As far as I’m aware he would have (or at any rate should have) copped the same whack if he’d spent the night playing Scrabble and watching Pride and Prejudice.

Otherwise, I think being locked out of your mate’s house in your underwear and being spotted by the cops while sitting on their doorstep is just called bad luck. No matter how much you’ve had to drink.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:26 pm

David wrote:

You’re confusing the salacious part of the story with the actual reason he was suspended, which was about getting into a taxi and visiting Wells. As far as I’m aware he would have (or at any rate should have) copped the same whack if he’d spent the night playing Scrabble and watching Pride and Prejudice.

Otherwise, I think being locked out of your mate’s house in your underwear and being spotted by the cops while sitting on their doorstep is just called bad luck. No matter how much you’ve had to drink.

There was no confusion on my part I was just being a smart arse. Sometimes I just can't help it. That incident did make me think of Charlie Dixon though. He effectively left GC for PA because GC suspended him for having a glass of wine with dinner the night before a match. The world is a very different place for AFL players.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Haha, all good – I get a similar urge sometimes. Wink Anyway, the Dixon story has some relevance here: I'm sure Gold Coast fans, having just seen their team achieve an all-time second-best finish of 14th while their ex–full forward leads the team on the top of the table, are feeling pretty good about the fact that the club drew a line in the sand over that incident. Let us follow their lead. Laughing
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:06 pm

think positive wrote:

Many people swear by botox.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:04 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:

Many people swear by botox.

cant get it in lockdown, ive tried!!

and yes its pretty good!

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Yes, but Richmond are a professional, ruthless Club, run by a very good Board, with Gale and that Peggy lady. Look at how they handled those two young blokes and their kebab fiasco, when season ends they may sack them. We, on the other hand, have a weak kneed Board, and a yes man President, who has been there far too long. We are not professional or ruthless, Eddie is well past his use by date, as is Walsh. Embarassed

Bitchmond aren’t professional they got lucky
Crows were done, GWS was done
Regarding your other opinions, yeh Na
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 pm

^ Yeah, it's easy to be critical of the Crows' descent into Cultism (and they do deserve criticism), but their minds were probably screwed up by the murder of their coach. We and they just didn't realize it at the time.

GWS have a dozen top-22 players missing every finals series. What a joke their medical and fitness guys are. At least, they don't have to worry about that these finals.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:59 pm

David wrote:

From my younger days, sometimes a pesky and idiotic neighbour dobs you in to the cops. Those morons apparently still exist🤬😡

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Bitchmond aren’t professional they got lucky
Crows were done, GWS was done
Regarding your other opinions, yeh Na

The Crows were actually warm favourites to win that flag, actually, they had a stellar season, no luck in that tigers win, none. And if ur happy with a non performing Board, and a Prez well past his use by date, then good luck with that. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:50 pm

If we do go on and challenge this year I for one will be so sad to not have Steele there as he has been such a great player for us. I am so happy for him and his partner and their baby. It would be sad to win a premiershi without Sidey
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 pm

^ There's actually no fear of that, whatsoever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 47 of 77   

Jump to: