Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 148, 149, 150  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/whos-out-of-contract-the-players-your-club-need-to-sign/
Alex Witherden. Why has he been dropped from the WCE side?
Rowan Marshall. Looking for a new home?
Tim Taranto. Expected to stay on a 4 year deal.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:21 pm

Bobby Hill is on the radar (plus a few other club radars)
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 pm

Presti35 wrote:
https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/whos-out-of-contract-the-players-your-club-need-to-sign/

Alex Witherden. Why has he been dropped from the WCE side?

Rowan Marshall. Looking for a new home?

Tim Taranto. Expected to stay on a 4 year deal.

Watched a player on the weekend and thought he would look very good in black and white. Think Jamie Elliot Mk 2 but younger and with a nasty streak. Cam Zurhar ( ? ) He’s on that list and who wouldn’t want to get out of North. Reckon he would be fantastic addition with a decent mid field in front of him. Tough, goes hard, evasive and kicks goals. I hope he’s on our short list.

Witherdon is a bit one dimensional. Great user by foot and best known for his pin point kick ins at the Lions and Eagles but not much else.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:42 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Watched a player on the weekend and thought he would look very good in black and white. Think Jamie Elliot Mk 2 but younger and with a nasty streak. Cam Zurhar ( ? ) He’s on that list and who wouldn’t want to get out of North. Reckon he would be fantastic addition with a decent mid field in front of him. Tough, goes hard, evasive and kicks goals. I hope he’s on our short list.

Witherdon is a bit one dimensional. Great user by foot and best known for his pin point kick ins at the Lions and Eagles but not much else.

Zurhaar is a good shout.

I'd also look at Nick Larkey. 24 years old and a key forward who would thrive in a better team.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:42 pm

We have NO second round draft pick
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:11 am

Some media outlets saying McStay virtually a done deal. I just dont get it - can only assume Wright sees something in him that perhaps the rest of us cant - OR maybe he is the best KPF that is likely to be available in the next couple years. Lets face it - everyone wants a Lynch or a King, but you either need a high draft pick (and then wait 5 years) or buckets of cash when one becomes available in a trade.

Not sure what that means if Cox triggers his option, Krueger is fit. Begg spends another couple years developing - hell if Grundy comes back in and Cameron plays more forward...??

Also - I dont know where the rumors about Bobby Hill are coming from - ANOTHER small pressure forward?

Fascinating watch.

Anyone think we will be involved in a pick swap with Bris for our third rounders as they look to grab Ashcroft? Our pick #41, #43 and #50 is approximately equal to pick #16. Those numbers will all slip given were a bit higher up the ladder, compo, North maybe get a gift - but maybe there's something to do there...

Return of the baldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:43 am

piffdog wrote:
^

Absolutely ridiculous. We gutted our list due to salary cap issues and we are now reportedly offering a good ordinary player $600K a year for 5 years????? If McStay is worth that, we should have offered Grundy a 10 year deal!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:47 am

Can McStay play as a defender?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:13 am

Here’s a couple thoughts on McStay to ponder.
1 ) started his career as a key defender and funnily enough Geelong also put time into Krueger as a defender also. It wouldn’t take much for either to do a pre season with the defenders next pre season..
2 ) everyone is aware that McStay isn’t a big goal kicker but that doesn’t mean you can’t be a better side with him in it. If you asked Checkers would he like McStay to take some heat and crash a few packs for a year or two, I’m sure he’d say yes. The thirty odd goals you may get from McStay could easily be worth another twenty from Checkers.
3 ) I would find it a lot easier to dismiss McStay if was a market value trade but it’s not. No trade, no nothing, just a slightly inflated contract to be above the Lions. We’ve certainly cursed not securing players via free agency who are worse the McStay
4 ) all of a sudden, we will likely play finals in 2023. Given that rapid rise, there wouldn’t be a much better addition onto a young list than a 27 year old, 100 plus gamer who plays down the spine.
5 ) at the end of the day, K P P free agents don’t grow on trees and there’s plenty of competition for them when they bob up. If you can’t have it all, you might least have some, particularly if the bloke does ( seemingly ) want a fresh start in Vic.
As I had posted a month ago, the real issue could yet be DeGoey wanting out of Collingwood. Then the club has a major decision to make. The irony could yet be McStay wants to come to Collingwood but the Pies think they could do more with more with a compo pick. Based on all the above, I’m not sure they would settle for the compo pick but that becomes an entire new conversation as to the currency of the compo pick.

Re Will Ashcroft. Watched a bit of him ( on app ) on the weekend for Vic metro vs Allies. I was a bit surprised at how good this kid is. From a distance, I reckon he goes at # 1. He’s not far behind Nick D. All that means big points required and I have no doubt the Lions and Pies will be in talks to bundle up our three rounders and move us closer to the pointy end. The Lions will have other suitors, so you get to a stage where we may get something like a couple hundred points less in return for what we would have given up. That’s also the privilege you pay for moving up the order.
It’s going to be an exciting draft / period for Collingwood at the en of this season. Collingwood has spent two years cleaning up the cap and revolving an entire draft strategy around N Daicos. It’s going to be great to finally have some clean air to work in.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:19 am

Because free agency works on net gains the free agency acquisition of mcstay would cancel out compensation for the loss of JDG if he chooses to leave.
I hope he’s manager isn’t the key to any decisions Jordan makes because he sounds like a brash upstart pawning what commodity he has.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:24 am

We can trade for McStay and therefore get the compo pick if DeGoey leaves.

There are options. There always are.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

burnsy17 wrote:
We can trade for McStay and therefore get the compo pick if DeGoey leaves.

There are options. There always are.

For sure. There are less conventional options for getting an F A across the line but the key domino to all this continues to be the DeGoey outcome. ( Tarrant / Chol arrangement springs to mind ) Until that’s known, then I would guess the McStay flow on remains secondary ( also for cap purposes )
We all need to remember that any trading involving a free agent will always be well unders because the destination club wouldn’t have a need to trade at anywhere near market value anyway. “ We “ don’t want people getting excited that DeGoey could be traded for a pointy end first rounder because that simply won’t happen under F A when his destination club doesn’t need to.
Wright and Hines heads will be spinning during the trade period. They have that many directions they can choose to go in, it’s frightening.
Even tucking away three future third rounders could prove to be a bit of a masterstroke after the dust settles. It’s a pleasant problem.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:54 am

Pies2016 wrote:
^

Thanks - agree it’s worth consideration and all this and more will be well understood by recruiting team. This is where we revert back to accepting we have 5% of the available information and we just have to have faith that the decision makers will get more right than wrong.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm

Im fine with going for mcstay, but the wage needs to be right
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:17 pm

I was initially against it but I've had my mind changed. He's not as much of a target for the Brisbane mids when you've got those other talls and Charlie Cameron commanding the ball. He'd probably be okay at Collingwood.

I don't think anybody needs to worry about him getting overs. The new guard at Collingwood don't throw godfather contracts willy nilly like Ned Guy used to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 148, 149, 150  Next
Page 5 of 150   

Jump to: